Photo

Hawthorn... Just How Frikken' Good Are They?

• Please log in to reply
725 replies to this topic

#16 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

oh!! that lady swallowed a baby!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7832 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

best defence vs best attack = close

#17 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6599 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Freo never under Ross Lyon get blown out

They are very disciplined side, they are fierce

We have to remember this side has beaten Geelong in Geelong ...

They beat Geelong on the MCG in a final last year ....

They will not fear the hawks on the MCG....they will embrace it

Finals are all about pressure and freo do it amazingly well. They can come to Melbourne. And bring the cup back home like the eagles did ....and oddly west coast were a fierce defensive side in the comp in the 1990s

dave 1

I love ya thinking there

however though this is freo's 1st ever grand final

freo has never played to a crowd as big as a grand final gets dave, 100,000 people inside the mcg cheering both teams on wether they support hawks or freo in this one...

nerves will play a big part to the dockers as well as the  playing to a big crowd...

and for freo to win this match I reckon they will have to get rid of those early nerves and settle pretty quick

yes hawkers will have the nerves as well but they have experienced a grand final and they will know they have to settle pretty quick...

dave  I will make it known I will be following the dockers next week and I hope they get up...but I just fear they will not settle quick and  hawks will get the jump

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#18 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8737 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

I hope this thread doesn't end in tears

tears

What I'm talkin about is a game... A game that can't be won only played...

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#19 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

dave 1

I love ya thinking there

however though this is freo's 1st ever grand final
freo has never played to a crowd as big as a grand final gets dave, 100,000 people inside the mcg cheering both teams on wether they support hawks or freo in this one...

nerves will play a big part to the dockers as well as the playing to a big crowd...

and for freo to win this match I reckon they will have to get rid of those early nerves and settle pretty quick

yes hawkers will have the nerves as well but they have experienced a grand final and they will know they have to settle pretty quick...

dave I will make it known I will be following the dockers next week and I hope they get up...but I just fear they will not settle quick and hawks will get the jump

I said in the other thread but think like this

Look at the record of interstate teams in grand finals

It's 11 wins 7 losses by interstate teams in grand finals ...slightly skewed as swans v west coast were both intestate teams ..and port v lions.

But interstate teams v Victorian sides in GFs is

West coast 2 wins 1 los
Lions 3 wins o losses
Crows 2 wins 0 losses
Swans1 loss
Port 1 loss

So against Victorian sides 7 wins 3 losses

Oddly one of those losses wasn't at the MCG ...it was 1991 at Waverley when west coast loss to hawks.

So on the MCG in intestate teams have only 2 losses to Victorian sides. Port in 07 and swans in 96.

I think that's a pretty incredible stat......

7 wins 2 losses by NON Victorian sides v vic sides on the MCG......

Non Victorian sides embrace the coming to the G ...they are not intimidated by it at all.

as Ross Lyon will say ...it's 4 goals post at each end, oval has grass on it ...let's go.

He's a no nonsense guy and having leaders at the club who have been to the big dance ..

Look in the coaching box at freo Lyon, Sumich and Kirk

Plenty of grand final experience right there ...

These team have only played each two times in the last two years both in Tasmania when freo didn't have many of their stars ....I don't think hawks have a real grasp on what the freo dockers are going to bring this Saturday.

Watch the second qtr of last nights game and that pressure level was something I had never seen. Even seasoned commentators were saying they hadn't see anything like it.

Edited by dave_1_, 22 September 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#20 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6599 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

It's 11 wins 7 losses by interstate teams in grand finals ...slightly skewed as swans v west coast were both intestate teams ..and port v lions.

West coast 2 wins 1 los
Lions 3 wins o losses
Crows 2 wins 0 losses
Swans1 loss
Port 1 loss

Oddly one of those losses wasn't at the MCG ...it was 1991 at Waverley when west coast loss to hawks.

So on the MCG in intestate teams have only 2 losses to Victorian sides. Port in 07 and swans in 96.

Non Victorian sides embrace the coming to the G ...they are not intimidated by it at all.

as Ross Lyon will say ...it's 4 goals post at each end, oval has grass on it ...let's go.

He's a no nonsense guy and having leaders at the club who have been to the big dance ..

These team have only played each two times in the last two years both in Tasmania when freo didn't have many of their stars ....I don't think hawks have a real grasp on what the freo dockers are going to bring this Saturday.

Watch the second qtr of last nights game and that pressure level was something I had never seen. Even seasoned commentators were saying they hadn't see anything like it.

dave only fair I make comment  again in this thread as well

you are really under estimating the hawks if you don't think they have a grasp on freo

you bet ya last little bottom dollar on this that  hawks will be watching last nights game and a few other games  in how freo plays and who they are going to match up on who... I am sure the freo dockers will be doing the same thing.

As a Victorian dave I am not like them all I love an underdog and the dockers this year had that  underdog card and I am happy they have made it and I am happy to say I will be loving to see them  beat the hawks

however  it really doesn't worry me who wins  cos footy finished last weekend

freo for the  2013 holy grail

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

#21 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Freo never under Ross Lyon get blown out

They are very disciplined side, they are fierce

We have to remember this side has beaten Geelong in Geelong ...

They beat Geelong on the MCG in a final last year ....

They will not fear the hawks on the MCG....they will embrace it

Finals are all about pressure and freo do it amazingly well. They can come to Melbourne. And bring the cup back home like the eagles did ....and oddly west coast were a fierce defensive side in the comp in the 1990s

Take this Freo talk elsewhere please.

Castlemaine Non-Handicap Winner - Net 73

2013 OOM4 A Grade Winner - Heritage St Johns - 33pts

2016 TSC Winner - Eynesbury - 34pts

Taking midtable mediocrity to the top of the podium...

Smoldy. - Baconwide Tour Creators and Ambassadors

VTTP #008

http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204213

#22 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

West coast 2 wins 1 los
Lions 3 wins o losses
Crows 2 wins 0 losses
Swans1 loss
Port 1 loss

Hawks vs. Interstaters...

Beat Eagles.

Lost to Swans.

But really who cares... scores are currently tied. We'll see who is happier at the end of next Saturday. Now, if this isn't talk about Hawks I don't want to hear it... Quit your jibber jabber.

VTTP #008

#23 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6599 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Beat Eagles.

Lost to Swans.

But really who cares... scores are currently tied. We'll see who is happier at the end of next Saturday. Now, if this isn't talk about Hawks I don't want to hear it... Quit your jibber jabber.

it is talk about the hawks mate

its how freo is going to beat them mate...

mate lets just not have a 1 sided viw in this thread mate

ya just going to have to face someday  hawkers are going to fail in an appreance for the holy grail and get taken down a peg or 2 by some team from the west called fremantle I think...

#24 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Just watching the VFL Grand Final.... and even if we don't win this... there are some likely types in Box Hill that look good. Hawks have a bright future I reckon...

VTTP #008

#25 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

it is talk about the hawks mate

its how freo is going to beat them mate...

mate lets just not have a 1 sided viw in this thread mate

ya just going to have to face someday  hawkers are going to fail in an appreance for the holy grail and get taken down a peg or 2 by some team from the west called fremantle I think...

Nah bugger that... this is about the Hawks. Don't want to hear how Freo will beat them.

We played like fools for 3/4 against the Cats, kicked like the Tootgarook 3rds and still got by the Cats. We can play a LOT better than we did on Friday. But I don't care how we play as long as we care. As long as we want it. As long as we have a dip.

I can stomach losing to the better team. I can't stand losing knowing that people didn't give it their all...

• ozdevil likes this

VTTP #008

#26 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Beat Eagles.
Lost to Swans.

Ok i will make a case for hawks

Johnson and Mcpharlin are sore..both carrying calf muscle injuries

Roughy and franklin need to get up the ground a bit and make Johnson and Mcpharlin chase them...go with smaller forward line with bruist, hill and Rioli ..leave space out the back. For those to run into. That's the only way they can win as Freo's midfield will stifle the hawks so lace out delivery to roughy and buddy won't happen.

They need to quell Walters and ballentyne ...how you do that ? Guerra has to play the game of his life.....hodge ....hmm Walters and Ballentyne too slippery.

Hodge may even play some midfield or half forward ...they going to need someone like in the trenches to combat freo's contested ball winners.

The hawks need to kick straight also ....they won't get many chances.

#27 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6599 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Nah bugger that... this is about the Hawks. Don't want to hear how Freo will beat them.

We played like fools for 3/4 against the Cats, kicked like the Tootgarook 3rds and still got by the Cats. We can play a LOT better than we did on Friday. But I don't care how we play as long as we care. As long as we want it. As long as we have a dip.

I can stomach losing to the better team. I can't stand losing knowing that people didn't give it their all...

Mate the 2 best teams of the year  are playing of in the holy grail

unfortunately both cant take the win and the cup home..

the final game of the year I believe stats do not help either side out, as both teams should be putting in all their heart and soul in winning the holy grail and the level of game turns up 100 more notches then any other game of the year.

predicting who is going to win  to actually who is going to win  will only come on the day....

hawks have the team and can play much better and they really showed this in the 1st week of finals

it will be a great win  and lets hope it to be a good close game and played hard  in how it should be

#28 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

I just hope the Hawks are at the VFL Grand Final and watching how Box Hill have gone about it...

1000% effort.

VTTP #008

#29 Schmuck

Schmuck

B Grader anywhere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10501 posts
  • LocationBack in the Hazards

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Good luck to the Hawks (& Freo too I guess)

Looking forward to watching the contrast between the two teams play out.

Nothing makes sense, except GOATS, they ALWAYS make sense

Ever noticed that Ducks swagger?

#30 FrontBunker

FrontBunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Just watching the VFL Grand Final.... and even if we don't win this... there are some likely types in Box Hill that look good. Hawks have a bright future I reckon...

Joffa Simpkin an absolute Monty to come into the GF side? I've been pumping his tires up all year. I really like the way he goes about it. Just finds so much footy and can kick a goal. 

I was pumped when we recruited him after watching him run around for Geelong in last years VFL finals.

Vote 1 J Simpkin!

Edited by FrontBunker, 22 September 2013 - 06:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users