#1291 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Great Sage...Equal of Heaven...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

Interstate teams get a home final based on ladder position. I would think the Cats deserve this week's game at Kardinia Park. The AFL think otherwise. Imagine GWS having to play at the SCG as a comparison.

Whatever you do, you do to yourself

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#1292 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3059 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

Interstate teams get a home final based on ladder position. I would think the Cats deserve this week's game at Kardinia Park. The AFL think otherwise. Imagine GWS having to play at the SCG as a comparison.

They get a home final because there is no alternate ground that can go a larger crowd

Geelong still had a final in VIC, their fans chose not to turn up, not sure how that is Richmonds fault

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#1293 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

I'm suggesting this weeks Semi Final should be played in Geelong. Not last week.

#1294 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3059 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

I'm suggesting this weeks Semi Final should be played in Geelong. Not last week.

I think this week should still be at the MCG, they will get more than 35000 to the game and Sydney have a considerable Melbourne supporter base that deserve the right to be able to get a ticket, which they won't if it's at Geelong

#1295 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4625 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

The need to have the Geelong game on a Saturday if it's at the G, many people find it too difficult to the G from Geelong after work on a Friday. 

#1296 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18968 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

why would the afl hold a final at Geelong, to me a ground that only holds 34000 with the new renovations they have gone through down there where the Afl get get maximum benifit from The "G" and if they was to make it to the Grand final they get the best look at the "G " before the grand final  

it just doesnt make sense to play at Geelong during the final series nothing wrong playinging the through season at Geelong

I know they wouldnt be kicking up a stink if they had of beat  the tigers

Oz ... okay so you're saying they shouldn't hold a final at Geelong because it only holds 34,000, and that they should hold (have held)  it at the MCG ...... cause the MCG has a much larger capacity.

If that is the case, then no finals should ever be played in Adelaide, they should all be played at the G cause it has a larger capacity. Same as no final should ever be played on the SCG, etc, etc.

Winning the right to hold a home final means absolutely nothing to the AFL when it suits, as was shown when the Cats had to play on Richmond's ground.

I didn't see Adelaide playing at the MCG on the weekend just gone, nor Sydney for that matter, they both got to play on their home grounds, so as usual with the AFL, it's one rule for some, and another rule for others, and they make it up on the run and are allowed to get away with it.

And you're right, the Cats probably wouldn't have said anything had they beaten Richmond on the Tigers ground.

What they should have done is taken out an injunction against the AFL the second they said they were going to have to play Richmond in Richmond and put this guarantee of a "home final" to a courts judgement.

Either a home final means a home final, or it doesn't. As always, the AFL want to make shite up as it goes along in this case, to keep the Tigers coffers (and their's) rolling in. :angry:

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#1297 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3059 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Oz ... okay so you're saying they shouldn't hold a final at Geelong because it only holds 34,000, and that they should hold (have held) it at the MCG ...... cause the MCG has a much larger capacity.

If that is the case, then no finals should ever be played in Adelaide, they should all be played at the G cause it has a larger capacity. Same as no final should ever be played on the SCG, etc, etc.

Winning the right to hold a home final means absolutely nothing to the AFL when it suits, as was shown when the Cats had to play on Richmond's ground.

I didn't see Adelaide playing at the MCG on the weekend just gone, nor Sydney for that matter, they both got to play on their home grounds, so as usual with the AFL, it's one rule for some, and another rule for others, and they make it up on the run and are allowed to get away with it.

And you're right, the Cats probably wouldn't have said anything had they beaten Richmond on the Tigers ground.

What they should have done is taken out an injunction against the AFL the second they said they were going to have to play Richmond in Richmond and put this guarantee of a "home final" to a courts judgement.

Either a home final means a home final, or it doesn't. As always, the AFL want to make shite up as it goes along in this case, to keep the Tigers coffers (and their's) rolling in. :angry:

As per my previous post Gaz, Adelaide and the others are playing in the largest stadium in their respective states

Every single club knows that the AFL has a contract with the MCG that there must be a certain amount of finals at the MCG (one per week maybe I'm not sure) so it should come as no surprise

I don't remember hearing the bitching and moaning about home finals when Geelong were dominating finals series at the G for 10 years

The game belongs to the fans, and I'm not in favour of 60,000 supporters being locked out of a game when there's a larger venue available

Edited by Tigerblood, 12 September 2017 - 06:59 PM.

• Francie and koiom K Frenzy like this

#1298 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18968 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

As per my previous post Gaz, Adelaide and the others are playing in the largest stadium in their respective states

Every single club knows that the AFL has a contract with the MCG that there must be a certain amount of finals at the MCG (one per week maybe I'm not sure) so it should come as no surprise

I don't remember hearing the bitching and moaning about home finals when Geelong were dominating finals series at the G for 10 years

The game belongs to the fans, and I'm not in favour of 60,000 supporters being locked out of a game when there's a larger venue available

So earning a home final only equates to being played within the state . that's hardly worth the effort, particularly as you end up playing on your oppositions home ground. It also no doubt impacts on your bottom line, when you invest in grandstands and amenities etc, only to have them empty come September.

I wonder how much Geelong would have made had the final been held in Geelong vs how much they got for having to get off at Richmond station to play the game.

Just as well VFL park isn't still going, as they'd have had Geelong play there every time they had to play Hawthorn in the last 20 years.

If you think the game belongs to the fans, then you obviously haven't seen the mad rush for the piss poor allocation of grand final tickets to the competing teams members. If it was the fans, then each team in the grand final would get 50,000 tickets to go to their members.

Grand finals are for the corporates and are certainly not about the fans.

How many of the 100,000 do you reckon will go to the 2 competing clubs members this year?

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

#1299 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18968 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

From the AFL ......

The capacity of the MCG will be approximately 100,000 on Grand Final Day.

In answer to guidelines (a), (B) and © the AFL proposes that tickets to the 2017 AFL Grand Final be allocated in approximately the following manner:

1. Competing Club Members     16,000 - 35,000
  2. AFL Clubs (18)     0 - 10,000
  3. MCC Reserve      16,000 - 26,000 
  4. AFL Members      13,000 - 23,000 
  5. AFL/Medallion Club Members      3,000 - 5,000
  6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligation     5,000 - 30,000 
  7. Competing Clubs     0 - 5,000

So no more than 35,000 in total to go to the 2 competing club's members.

So how many members does Richmond have, probably just a few more than 35,000 by itself, (who have paid their hard earned for 2017, and for god knows how many years).

I do like Category 6 though ....... "Contractual Obligation", 5, 000 to 30,000 tickets ..... yeah its all for the fans !!

Edited by GPJ_Longdriver, 12 September 2017 - 07:50 PM.

EVENT WINS

#1300 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6641 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

So earning a home final only equates to being played within the state . that's hardly worth the effort, particularly as you end up playing on your oppositions home ground. It also no doubt impacts on your bottom line, when you invest in grandstands and amenities etc, only to have them empty come September.

I wonder how much Geelong would have made had the final been held in Geelong vs how much they got for having to get off at Richmond station to play the game.

Just as well VFL park isn't still going, as they'd have had Geelong play there every time they had to play Hawthorn in the last 20 years.

If you think the game belongs to the fans, then you obviously haven't seen the mad rush for the piss poor allocation of grand final tickets to the competing teams members. If it was the fans, then each team in the grand final would get 50,000 tickets to go to their members.

Grand finals are for the corporates and are certainly not about the fans.

How many of the 100,000 do you reckon will go to the 2 competing clubs members this year?

wether or not  Geelong deserved to play atleast 1 of there finals at Geelong, it is not going to ever happen unless you have 2  finals  playing  in melbourne that weekend.   

These are the contractual obligations of the Afl to  the MCG

Under the current arrangement, all Victorian finals matches are scheduled at the MCG – except in cases when two finals are to be held in Victoria on the same day, in which case Docklands Stadium or (in the event of Geelong being the home team) Kardinia Park may be used for the match expected to draw the lower crowd.
The current contract requires that at least ten finals matches (plus all Grand Finals) be played at the MCG during every rolling five-year period. This stipulation could require the AFL to schedule a non-Victorian team's home match at the MCG to meet the quota, in the event that non-Victorian teams dominate the competition for an extended period.[2]
The Grand Final will be played at the MCG every year until at least 2037, regardless of the state of origin of the teams involved.

As of last Weekend there was only 1 final in Victoria  so the Game had to played at the MCG and the home team was Geelong

even if essendon and sydney played in melbourne i dare say both games would have been played at the MCG becuase they could have used the ground on a saturday or a sunday

as there is only 1 final again in Victoria this week  and under contractual obligations The MCG will hold the game again  with geelong  being the home team

Edited by ozdevil, 12 September 2017 - 09:12 PM.

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#1301 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

Too right G. I know The Blues can fix up Princes Park in time for Carlton FC to host a home final when they finally finish top 2 and earn the right to play it at home. (*Sometime this decade. **Or in the next fingers crossed). :D

#1302 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33381 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Quiet in here tonight??

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#1303 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4625 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:30 PM

Dix out

#1304 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

I think Tiger fans are now trying to put the lid back on :D

#1305 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

Lid off Mickey - well and truly off  :)

Been an incredible turnaround from this time last season.

Finally into the big dance after 35 long years, but first the brownlow tonight..

Edited by tigertuff, 25 September 2017 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users