I think he is asking....

#872 wisp

wisp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

I wonder what TGM thinks about keeping the right shoulder back in transition . Almost feeling upper body closed and lower opening
They ever address this ?

This site may provide an answer to your question.
http://thegolfingmac...om/tgm-101.html
My understanding of TGM is that it is a one volume handbook that requires reams of detailed explanation to be made available to answer questions not available in the handbook.
I would be surprised if it isn't mentioned in some form under shoulder turn and or lag loading. A shoulder turn is a protracted target shoulder and a retracted trail shoulder. We can do this without turning the trunk to get the idea. It is good mechanics to maintain a retracted trail shoulder until very late in the downswing and protract it through the impact area. That's what the power guys do, together with great body rotation.

#873 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

google HOMER KELLY...................or.......goto  Lynneblakegolf.com..................or....BOTH......CHEERS

TGM.........is pretty much folded here,Homer has left the building LOL

#874 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

I wonder what TGM thinks about keeping the right shoulder back in transition . Almost feeling upper body closed and lower opening

They ever address this ?

out of interest DB.....how old are you and whats your h,cap.........and how flex are you

#875 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

TGM.........is pretty much folded here,Homer has left the building LOL

I think you are doing a great job HB, here........... catch the baton!

#876 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

Have been concentrating or fixing up my Zone 1 action of late, its an area I have had on the back burner while I sorted out the other two zones. I have been tending to allow a hip slide on the back swing which ends up as a sway. I didn't realise how much I moved until I saw a replay. I know Homer talks about a peddle action in the pivot but I could never make sense of that action. What worked for me was to think about turning my backside towards the target, using the back end as a bit of a counterweight. A bit like a jive action. That fixed my action in an instant.

It just goes to show that we think differently about how to make the same things happen through different visuals and senses. What ever works for the individual is the way to go.

#877 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

Have been concentrating or fixing up my Zone 1 action of late, its an area I have had on the back burner while I sorted out the other two zones. I have been tending to allow a hip slide on the back swing which ends up as a sway. I didn't realise how much I moved until I saw a replay. I know Homer talks about a peddle action in the pivot but I could never make sense of that action. What worked for me was to think about turning my backside towards the target, using the back end as a bit of a counterweight. A bit like a jive action. That fixed my action in an instant.

It just goes to show that we think differently about how to make the same things happen through different visuals and senses. What ever works for the individual is the way to go.

Jack........it a bit of a trap peeps tend to "turn" their hips instead of pulling hips back.....this tends to lean towards a sway instead of "pivoting"............keeps everything centrered..to a point.I tend to monitor my foot pressures which helps me keep me in check......for ''me' i feel my right instep twisting into ground.....does the job good nuff for me 

#878 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

HB,

I have the image of a weather vane, where the feather end swings the arrow head on the pivot point. Use the mass and momentum of the backside to assist in the pivot action. You can't do that if you sway.

#879 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

Jack............swaying..and getting back to ball...    it can be done,we all do it,its just gotta be done so that one an get back to impact fix,thats the part us poor golfers dont do......lol...........TTom said something along the lines of "R/arm-R/hip ------R/arm left hip" when thinking of pivot,..............there are different ways of getting in the right position for transition..........not just 1,for instance when swinging I would concentrate on starting with my R/shoulder downplane that connects my upper body and pivot and .........that also auto gives me a bump towards target........ala spine angle tilt................puts me on on a clear path to ball,no hip interference.............hitting.........im using hands controlled pivot...........by using muscular force with straightening of R/elbow using p/p #1 as "my" guide.............BUT....with both....I concentrate on keep foot pressure on my R/instep ,this helps me NOT sway.............."sometimes lol"

#880 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Generally, I find any sort of sway is bad news in terms of getting hip clearance for the downswing. I also find that it tends to result in a disconnect between the lower and upper body, the kinetic link that Zen talks about. Consequently, one finds oneself using compensation moves to get the swing geometry, back on plane.

I guess the visuals that I use to stabilise my pivot, don't necessarily suit or work for others. :)

#881 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2694 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

They ever address this ?

Called 6-m-1 start from the feet up.
Coordination is the key to movement

#882 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:52 AM

Jack........it a bit of a trap peeps tend to "turn" their hips instead of pulling hips back.....this tends to lean towards a sway instead of "pivoting"............keeps everything centrered..to a point.I tend to monitor my foot pressures which helps me keep me in check......for ''me' i feel my right instep twisting into ground.....does the job good nuff for me 

yes Mr Zen.....the "centres"of the stroke begin with the feet,..........OR.......the employed componant nearest the feet.......in correct sequence.

#883 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

While Homer states that a V/V/A (vertical hands, index finger aft of shaft) is the preferred grip, it is also essential to position the Pressure Point #1 correctly on the first joint of the thumb. This is a position not commonly described in golf instruction but is critical to proper grip alignment and other associated alignments.

• Madambo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users