• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 wuza09

wuza09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for the info lads. Looks like we'll hang around Bangkok, decided we can't be bothered to travel all the way out to say Hua Hin/Pattaya just for a round of golf, as it looks like there isn't too much else in those places that interests us.

Any recommendations for courses in or close to BKK? 
Also thanks for the heads up with the golf rentals, pretty much reassured what I was thinking.

I played Thana City and found the course to be excellent near the airport and was in great condition. Well worth a drive to play it. Also herd that Windmill course is very good also.

Enjoy

Regards

Rob

#17 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3630 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

Heading over to Thailand in about 7 weeks again, but this time going with a buddy that plays golf so now trying to research again!

A few questions if anyone could help me out with:
Was it worth taking clubs over (if you have), or were the hire clubs quality sticks at a reasonable price?
I'll be there for 8 days, wondering if it's worth to trek to somewhere like Hua Hin strictly for golf, or would we get our fix in the Bangkok city and it's surrounds? We only want to play maybe 3 or 4 rounds max.

Did you organise the golf trips yourself, or go through one of the many companies that run 'tours'?

Cheers again guys!

Hi Sheezy, just read your post so this is probably a tad late for you, but I 've done a dozen trips to Thailand for golf, or more specifically Pattaya. I can't comment on golf around Bangkok or what it's like to get to the courses but I'm just adding my 2 cents worth for Pattaya.

Accomodation is very cheap as is many of the golf courses (about 20) around Pattaya.

Many of them are very easy to get to, we probably average about 30 minutes travel time to get to most of them. In July and August the golf is cheap, you can get golf+cart+caddie for about AUD$60 or $70. We always take our clubs because we play 10 games in 2 weeks, Thai airway don't charge to put them on the plane.

One thing I will say is ..once bitten , you will want to go back for a longer trip. My 1st was going to be a once off but now I've done 12.

Hope you have a blast

Figures for our upcoming August trip...Thai airways return flight from Perth plus 15 nights in a nice hotel including breakfast $1370. Add 10 games of golf at, say, $80 each and you have a 2 week golf holiday for about $2200

Edited by mugcanic, 11 June 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#18 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

just got back from a 2 day golf comp in BK.
played rnd 1 at Amata Springs they are holding a Thai pga there this week so course was in stunning nick and rough deep as. shot 78 so happy with that.
2nd round was at a new course called Nikanti I think wow it was tough... crashed back to earth with a score in the high 80s..
great golf though

#19 Ji Bao He

Ji Bao He

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16650 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

My son played at Summit Windmill and bought me back a polo shirt, I like the shirt, he loved the course
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#20 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

I opened this thread expecting to see ping pong balls being shot out all over the place.

#21 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

Just came back from Thailand. Played Santiburi, Waterford in Chiang Rai. Played Suwan and Royal Gems in Bangkok.

Suwan was great and Royal Gems even better. (hole 10 to 18 a copy of the layout of Augusta National second 9. 

• Madambo and Weetbix like this

#22 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12655 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

I opened this thread expecting to see ping pong balls being shot out all over the place.

golf balls

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users