When an all-black TaylorMade R1 driver first showed up on the USGA's Conforming Driver List at the end of April, TaylorMade officials were quick to squash the rumors surrounding the mystery club. What was known at the time was that driver was a smaller-headed 400 cc, left-handed R1 prototype that,according to TaylorMade Public Relations Manager Dave Cordero, wasn't coming to retail. While the 400 cc prototype fell short of making it to retail, TaylorMade announced on Thursday that an all-black 460 cc R1 model would debut next week on the PGA TOUR at the FedEx St. Jude Classic in Memphis, before hitting retail shelves on June 10. The new model will also mark the first time since 2010 that the company has produced a driver with a black crown.â€¨â€¨â€śFor three years we have only made white drivers and have heard from a number of golfers who just prefer the look of black,â€ť said President and CEO, Mark King. â€śOur commitment has always been to provide golfers with the best performing golf equipment. The R1 Black gives players who prefer that color access to our industry leading technology.â€ť Like the white R1, the all-black version will have the same adjustability features -- 12 loft-sleeve settings, 7 face-angle position, and two moveable shot-shape weights -- as well as an ultra-light Aldila RIP Phenom shaft.
- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
Black TM R1 driver
Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:52 PM
Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:10 AM
Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:31 PM
Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:12 AM
Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:04 AM
Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 AM
Guys quick question,
I want a to buy a new shaft for my R1 that is more flexible than the stock shaft. Could you guys recommend anything for me? willing to spend $100 and under. I just find the stock shaft too stiff to be honest even though it is a Regular.
Edited by Kannis, 14 October 2013 - 08:38 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users