#31 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8742 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

golf clap for Brad. I can actually understand what is being said........

#32 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

1) right elbow tuck in towards hip, sort of forward and down?

2) right shoulder hangs back and drops?

What is this golf game you talk of?

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Correct Stink The right shoulder goes into external rotation - that's gonna help stop the right shoulder raising and coming out and slinging the club over the top and away from you in transition. And the right elbow starts to work into the right side. When the right elbow is bent and the upper arm is connected to the trunk the ONLY range available to the right arm then becomes forearm rotation. It takes the entire upper arm out of play. You can rotate your forearm as hard as you want and the upper arm won't move. Hence the 'three right hands' quote.... But of course that is slightly cryptic because the speed of the right hand comes from the forearm rotating and NOT from the hand itself. When an arm is straight the entire arm will move when you rotate the forearm- forearm and upper arm. SO...via forearm rotation from the shallower downswing the right elbow gets in and the upper arm won't disturb the club face as it can't roll....and via the forearm rotation of the left arm from the shallower downswing the left armpit gets packed in and that limits the upper arm from rolling and actually starts to turn the pivot around opening the shoulders slightly. Because the hands are in tight and upper arms aren't rolling -BOOM-you can pivot yourself to death and end up accelerating and flying to club up to the finish point without disturbing the clubface whatsoever

#33 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25175 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

****, that's the first time I've understood the right arm action in that swing. I totally get the right forearm rotation against the upper arm thing now, damn, that's got my mind going. Great stuff Brad, even a dead head like me can get that!

#34 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

This is what I was talking about in the other thread. The logic that RF has no core strength is false...he has no forearm strength and ultimately no upper arm strength. He slots it right where it should go on the downswing and then can't deliver any forearm rotation or pack his upper arms in so his core stops- his shoulders stall- his feet do nothing and his legs straighten to let his weak forearms uncock and bring his arms away from his body. As the body is just stopping he can't get it to move again once it stalls so he can only try speed the club up with his weakest part the hands and flips the club face around. That was my point- it won't help his swing by working the core or keeping the right foot down. He will end up becoming snappier and start hitting it straight to left instead of right to left....very visible in that Gary Player pic from earlier comparison and why the sore points occurred in the back

#35 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22037 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Brad, I've had an "arms" swing in the past, but over the last few years, I've tried to increase the pivot and I now feel that it's a lot better than it was. I suspect, though, that the pivot is 'going along for the ride', rather than driving the swing. All show and no go, but I doubt the show is much to see. With a good drive not much better than 200m, I'm sure that improvements to technique would yield results. Being a fat old fart, I'm never going to be able to snap my body around with much speed. Can you provide some suggestions on how I might get the pivot to drive the swing? Thanks for contributing to this forum. I followed your previous thread some time back and found it most helpful. Your 'layman's talk' is so much more effective for most of us, rather than the tech talk of Zen and TGM.

#36 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

The Player sequence is pure gold. Anyone that says he just got by on guts and determination wouldn't know an efficient dynamic pressured opposing force swing if it stung them on the nose . * Club and shaft behind him with the shaft pointing out and across the ball not at it. * forearm rotation intact keeping body closure and the right arm bent and in near the trunk. Wonderful download into knee flex again helps aid slotting as it gets the lower half to move forward a little while the upper half stays back and behind * Forearms rotate and the right forearm starts to rotate the club from inside to aiming squarely smack bang into the back of the ball. This left arm rotation packs the left arm back into the trunk and the hands work back in tight and return the shaft at an almost identical alignment to how it started at address. * As upper arms are packed and hands are in tight and the feet are grinding like crazy in a rotational manner the pivot now has the green light to take over proceedings - like we are passing the baton off to the next runner in the relay * The hips and shoulders all line up nicely and shaft exits well under left shoulder with no clubface closure. shoulders work in a level turn getting the left shoulder as far away from the target line as possible exerting no pressure on the back whatsoever.... Once the rotation can't go anywhere else the hands and arms and club start to fly skyward

#37 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8742 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Great post those last few Brad. Posting a swing of mine, and just wanted to ask. I am developing a hook to pull hook with my irons and wondering what could be contributing to that? In the video below, I pulled the shot about 8m to the left, pin high with the PW and not a full swing. As a result of the hooks creeping in, I have found myself starting to hold off on the release and starting to block shots out to the right. Now I am just confused.

#38 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8309 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks to the people who were interested enough to contact me about starting up a thread again here at ISeek
I am happy to talk about pretty much anything golf related- swing- equipment- course management- mental side- short game- practice routines
I will try answer each question whenever I can.
I would appreciate it that any insults or off topic remarks be kept somewhere else so the thread doesnt get side tracked.
Thanks again for inviting me back and I look forward to helping everyone with their game.

Brad This is one of the best things I have seen occur on ISeek in a while, I hope and trust that Madam ensures that your request is met and we can all learn something from your experience in playing the game.... Might be time to try and find that old chestnut "Golf Trivia" again...

#39 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Brad, I’ve had an “arms” swing in the past, but over the last few years, I’ve tried to increase the pivot and I now feel that it’s a lot better than it was.

I suspect, though, that the pivot is ‘going along for the ride’, rather than driving the swing. All show and no go, but I doubt the show is much to see.

With a good drive not much better than 200m, I’m sure that improvements to technique would yield results. Being a fat old fart, I’m never going to be able to snap my body around with much speed.

Can you provide some suggestions on how I might get the pivot to drive the swing?

Thanks for contributing to this forum. I followed your previous thread some time back and found it most helpful. Your ‘layman’s talk’ is so much more effective for most of us, rather than the tech talk of Zen and TGM.

Good start would be to take some practice swings with the club up around waist high- closer to how a baseballer would swing a bat. Feel the roundness that swing engages. Difficult thing about golf is we look down at the ball from inside and above the line- so people tend to want to get out to the ball. There are no straight lines in golf- it is all circles and arcs that allow the straight ball and good strike to occur

#40 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Great post those last few Brad.
Posting a swing of mine, and just wanted to ask.
I am developing a hook to pull hook with my irons and wondering what could be contributing to that?

In the video below, I pulled the shot about 8m to the left, pin high with the PW and not a full swing. As a result of the hooks creeping in, I have found myself starting to hold off on the release and starting to block shots out to the right. Now I am just confused.

https://www.youtube.com/wat...

Ghetto train – get on it.
Bandit express.

Winner C grade OOM #3 Patterson River.

Gonna be where clubface is pointing in relation to your path into the strike. Am not gonna get into D-Plane stuff as it is confusing to most. Pulls quite often happen also when the ball position is too far forward in the stance for the players release pattern. Move ball back a hair for starters and see what happens. If the ball starts pushing right and not drawing back then alter your feet alignment a hair left. Moving the ball back shifts the baseline of strike out to the right so you then have to aim differently... think Trevino as to how he aimed for his strong grip and ball back a little orientation and release. Aim and ball position are all about how you swing. A person who has a nice late release can therefore aim right with the ball forward and not lean the hands or shaft to get onto strike/ lowpoint- a la Snead or Knudson Dont be tied to trying to aim perfectly. Everyone will have their own optimal alignment and ball position based on their swing. As the swing gets better then the stance alignment and ball position can be changed to suit

#41 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

great response, simple, easy to understand and not doubt very effective ok brad, gimmie a sec, i want to post a pic of my "what i believe" issue is (impact)

#42 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

ok so I believe i have a weight transfer/ hip issue through impact that gets far worse as the clubs get longer. Im pretty flush with my 6iron through to 60 degree lobby. but around the 5 iron is where it all starts to get worse, with the driver being the worst. I dont seem to clear my left side or certianly dont seem to get my weight transfer through well with the longer irons. Im disgusted with the impact position :( for the long irons and driver... Can you make anything of this brad... cheers ok , so 6 iron loading loading 6 impact impact 6 post impact to me this doesnt seem too bad, weight is left, transfer seems ok results are pretty consistently good now, the driver loading driver load impact impact driver post impact post driver what do you make of this driver impact position brad? seems very leant back, weight not through at all. results are very poor, high rights, heel strikes, flipped hands, hard hooks etc... look forward to your reply

#43 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Most times as the clubs get longer there is a distance mindset and not a 'specific' distance mindset. The shorter clubs are being used with a specific distance in mind as to how far the shot should carry. Longer clubs become a let it fly thought- so many then create velocity in the initial downswing and pull the club with speed of the arms. The club gets down fast and the body cant react and load and move with unison- so it slows down to try balance itself against the out of control club. Best bet would be if you are going to create speed in the swing it needs to be thought more in acceleration terms and not velocity terms. Creating speed in transition actually slows the body hands and club down into the strike as our balance tries to stay intact to align that velocity onto the ball. Acceleration is smoother down with more gravity drop and loading and then the entire club and hands and body keep pressure going into and beyond the strike. Without seeing the swings I will say this is an estimated guess but a good guess- you can be the juror on that.

#44 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

hi brad, thanks for your prompt reply..... Im getting what you are saying, and 100% correct with the "distance" mindset..... so i should be thinking with these longer irons and driver - Not to swing AT the ball with speed, but more to swing INTO the ball whilst accelerating..... that should be my thought?

#45 bushy007

bushy007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1170 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Loving this topic. Thanks Brad and those firing the questions. Would appreciate some more specifics on how you use the impact bag effectively Brad. I have one and have used it for a while, some extra guidance would be good. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users