804 replies to this topic

#1 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

Thanks to the people who were interested enough to contact me about starting up a thread again here at ISeek I am happy to talk about pretty much anything golf related- swing- equipment- course management- mental side- short game- practice routines I will try answer each question whenever I can. I would appreciate it that any insults or off topic remarks be kept somewhere else so the thread doesnt get side tracked. Thanks again for inviting me back and I look forward to helping everyone with their game.
  • The_Boz likes this

#2 peak_sy

peak_sy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1618 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Welcome Brad. I think I speak for a lot of us in saying we're very happy to have you here.

#3 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

I made this photo sequence up today as someone was interested in my comments on another thread. It isobvious which golfer is moving their body in cohesive movement with the orbiting club and which one is not. Why then from a very similar nice slot can one look connected and rotating with their entire body and one has to stall the body and wing the weaker arms and hands at the ball

#4 peak_sy

peak_sy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1618 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Now for a question. I tend to have problems with faults gradually creeping in to my game, usually a gradual strengthening of my grip, and a shift in my alignment to the right of the target. These two things may well be related. I don't realise this is happening until I'm lined up miles right and I can almost see my left little finger on the club. Any thoughts on !. Cause of this, 2.Ways to prevent it.

#5 MaxxOn

MaxxOn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18145 posts
  • Location.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hi Brad, thanks for starting this thread. Do you use a trigger/thought to start your swing?

#6 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25175 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Brad, I'm facing about 3 months with very little or no golf. I'd like to work on and develop that 'slot' that player so amazingly displays. Is there something you'd recommend, a drill or such, I can do on the road to build that feeling, or should I just rest my golfing mind/body for a break? Cheers, stink

#7 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Peaksy- People tend to aim based on their swing- which is 100% correct If you are an over the top puller you better aim right otherwise you are going to hit pulls or pull slices all day long. Alignment can only begin to be altered when better swing path and better release are aligned up. Alignment and ball position is NOT a one trick pony or one size fits all. Everyone will have their own unique alignment based on their swing. Many Many bad shots are caused from not poor aim but poor aim based on the swing itself. If you are seeing your left little finger in your grip you obviously have the left hand too much in the fingers. The fingers have limited strength compared to the wrists and forearms. Poor grips are formed under the wrong illusion of strength and most people get the left hand too much in the fingers and the right hand too much in the palm. A left hand grip more in the palm and a right hand grip more in the fingers is actually a much stronger leverage on the club even though it may look weaker as it allows for the stronger forearms to be used as the grip runs more along the ulna bone and can be supported stronger. This also helps encourage a closer protocol to the flat left wrist & bent right wrist at impact. Left hand grip Right hand grip

#8 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

great stuff brad. your a gun, we all know it. its great to see someone of your stature on isg, that has full accreditation, experience and foundations to back it up. I will be reading and asking when i can

#9 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Brad, I’m facing about 3 months with very little or no golf. I’d like to work on and develop that ‘slot’ that player so amazingly displays. Is there something you’d recommend, a drill or such, I can do on the road to build that feeling, or should I just rest my golfing mind/body for a break?

Cheers, stink

What is this golf game you talk of?

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Stink Let me ask a question back to get people thinking.... Why do you think so many people have trouble getting into the slot?

#10 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Hi Brad, thanks for starting this thread.

Do you use a trigger/thought to start your swing?

Nicklaus turned his head away from the ball as a trigger. Player did a right knee kick in. Hogan pushed both hands down and stressed the shaft a little This is the OK I am ready to go here My trigger is I push down into my feet- moreso into the heels- this increases my load down and once I feel something down there to begin with I never want to give it up and actually increase it without having to try

#11 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25175 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Attempting to stay 'on plane' or keep the club on plane Slinging or throwing arms in an effort to create speed? There's more,,, trying to hit the ball straight by hitting the back of the ball? Trying to smash it? (Me) Maybe if I knew, I wouldn't have such trouble! :)

#12 DLow1111

DLow1111

Suspect

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

mines usually due the the wife having a headache :)

#13 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

ok, so im going to ask a question too.... why do i feel more confident over a ball went i have some good shaft lean at address? how important is forward shaft lean? why do some players have more than others and what are the pro's and cons? does it essentially result in de-loft at impact or not?

#14 Juggs Judy

Juggs Judy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

Brad, I found my old persimmon driver in the shed the other day (Cleveland Classic). How should I use it to practice and what benefit can this have when I use my normal titanium driver in regular competition play. Thanks, Chip.

#15 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12090 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

The floodgates are open! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users