#16 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32444 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Didn't go out today expecting much and not having any course or range time the past 2 weeks... Played stroke at Kooringal, net 77 with 35 putts. Mainly concentrated on keeping my tempo and rhythm and felt like I did most of the time. The feeling for me is having a pause at the top, before starting the downswing. Tee shots were great with the 4W and few a bit weak, but never landed in trouble from the tee. Irons, some work involved here, didn't hit them cleanly..some fat. Scoring zones, was really happy with chips etc and bunker play. Putts, no 3 putts, but managed to almost do a moose with 5 putts on Hole 5 par 3, after getting just off the green in 1. Reason for that became more apparent later on. Bit of fatigue towards the end of round, but overall content apart from the lapse on the par 3. Met 2 new guys and enjoyed the day out.. Leaving the last green, noticed something scratching around amongst the trees..on closer inspection it was to be GHETTO MOOSE, explains the 5 putts...
  • Stinkler likes this

#17 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8511 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Ha ha ha. Good to see you aw well Inkosi I was teeing off as ink-hosey was was finishing his round. Was invited last minute to play at the ringo star. Finished the same way I started, went right all day long and fighting my way to the green. 96 and 77 net. Played to 26. Not threatening anyone at the moment. Spate of shitness continues.

#18 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32444 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Kooringal 7 April - Stroke from the 10th: 10th Par4, S6: Weak 3H with a slight fade RFW, 7i hit well but not aligned and landed in the trees. Good punch out landed on the fringe. Chip and 2 putt overall 2 putts and 6 stokes. 11th Par4, S13: 3H good, 6i slight draw and landed close to 12th tee box behind the bushes. Tough lob shot to clear bushes and landed short off green. Decent chip and 2 putted. overall 2 putts and 6 stokes. 12th Par4, S11: 4W good, 8i on green, 2 putt with the first just hitting the lip Overall 2 putts and 4 strokes 13th Par3, S15 9i hit left about 30m short of green on a downhill slope. Great chip and 1 putt for par. overall 1 putt and 3 strokes 14th Par4, S1 4W great shot, 4H topped into fway bunker, PW, pitch from 80m landed short, good chip and 1 putt. overall 1 putt and 6 strokes 15th Par4, S12 4W fat and high left into trees, 7i punch, 6i topped and into bunker, 9i good shot from bunker on the green, 2 putted. overall 2 putt and 6 stokes 16th Par3, S9 6i left behind greenside bunker, lob, 2putt overall 2 putt and 4 shots 17th Par4, S2 4W fat and high, 4H fade, 6i short of green, chip and 2 putt overall 2 putt and 6 shots 18th Par5, S4 Driver weak and low into trees on the left, punch out, 3H slice into trees, punch out, bump to green and 2 putt. overall 2 putt and 8 shots 1st Par5, S18 4W great strike, 7i slice into trees, punch, punch out, PW on green and 2 putt overall 2 putt and 7 shots 2nd Par4, S16 4W great Strike, fat 9i into bunker, out of FW bunker, great SW on green 10cm from hole and 1 putt overall 1 putt and 5 shots 3rd Par4, S5 4W great strike, 6i fat, 9i into greenside bunker, SW and 1 putt overall 1 putt and 5 shots 4th Par4, S3 4W fat, 4H fade into FW bunker, out of bunker, 6i bump, chip and 2 putt overall 2 putt and 7 shots 5th Par3, S14 7i just off green, putt from the fringe, 5 putts (WTF) should have taken my time with that. overall 5 putt and 7 shots 6th Par4, S8 4W good shot with slight fade (feeling fatigue and swing is becoming a bit lazy), 6i fat, pitch short, chip and 2 putt overall 2 putt and 6 shots 7th Par5, S17 4W fade right Fway, 3H fade into trees, punch out, PW into bunker, SW, out and 2 putt overall 2 putt and 8 shots 8th Par3, S10 7i very fat, PW short, chip and 2 putt overall 2 putt and 5 shots 9th Par4, S7 4W fade middle fway, 6i short of green, chip and 2 putt overall 2 putt and 5 shots TOTAL Putts 35, 104 Shots Net 77
  • Stinkler likes this

#19 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9576 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

What happened on the 5th dude?! 5 putts is naaaaaaaasty

#20 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32444 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

What happened on the 5th dude?!
5 putts is naaaaaaaasty

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

A Grade NTP winner Curlewis OOM
Human shamrock

Landed just off the fringe from the tee, 15m lag putt from the fringe to 1m to the hole...nasty hole layout on a slope. 1st putt on the slope hit the lip and rolled down the slope, 2nd hit the lip and rolled away, 3rd missed and rolled away, 4th uphill 1cm short and 5th holed it. So from almost par to 7...very special effort indeed. :)
  • Stinkler likes this

#21 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35211 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

mini-moose
  • Stinkler likes this

#22 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32444 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

mini-moose

Smoldy. Like the Grand Canyon….one of the few things in life that when you see it, it doesn’t disappoint.
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

I think it is more the effects of being in close proximity to the Ghetto Moose...those nasty pheromones and vibe must have entered into the atmosphere once the major moose entered the car park... I wouldn't mention the *** hug he tried to give me when we met...almost had to throw water on him and beat him away with an iron..
  • Stinkler likes this

#23 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 35211 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

He's only human, K.....in a moosey, faggy, possibly even cloven-hooved kind of way. He needs our understanding. And a damn good sledging.

#24 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18531 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Having gone over your most recent round's details with a fine toothed comb (which I borrowed from Godly .... who has no use for them these days) .......... your sole issue stands out like the proverbial "Canine Spheroids", Inkosi. Out of 18 possible "tee" occasions, you used your Driver on only one of them (the 18th) ....... all the rest were either limp wristed fairway woods, gaybrids, or worse ..... irons. And therein lies the root of all your troubles ..... You go and hit a big jessie fairway wood off the tee, and you then have to hit another big jessie gaybrid just to get anywhere close to the green. Were you to man up instead ........ and take Driver off the tee, you could just follow it up with a manly long iron at most, to the green. You wrote that you hit your 4W fat a couple of times off the tee. Hit your Driver fat in the same way, and you would still be a lot closer to the hole. On the 13th par 3 ......... you hit 9 iron and came up short by 30m. You wouldn't have been short hitting Driver ....... even if you did hit it fat. The 8th par 3, and you hit 7 iron very fat and then had to hit PW to get to the green. What if you'd taken Driver instead of a 7 iron? You see my point obviously ........ (by the way, I won't charge you for this gem of wisdom.) Perhaps you should say g'day when we play at The Berg, and I'll formally introduce you to "the longest club in your bag" ...... soon to be become known as your "new best mate". Single figures awaits you Inkosi, it's yours for the taking!!

#25 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32444 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

Thanks Gaz, I agree with your analysis...my best rounds years ago were played with the driver off the tee. Current state, is lack of confidence in the big mutt and probably playing it "too safe". Rest assured, I will be using it more often in a few weeks... Please return Goldy's comb, you know he gets cranky without it.. See you at the Berg.

#26 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

There are a couple of people I have played with who are famous for using the putter anywhere from about 70m in. You could follow Gaz's advice and do the same thing with the driver!
  • Stinkler likes this

#27 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 35211 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Here is a picture of my comb. Quite an impressive ######, too.

#28 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8511 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

5th hole was cut treacherously into an agressive slope. I managed to par the hole with a fat 8ir onto the front of th green, lagged the first putt pin high about 2 ft right after the putt followed the slope. Holed it. Rest of the group 3 & 4 putted this one. The moose is strong in me, so much so that I infected Inkosi without even being near the course yet.

#29 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32444 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

5th hole was cut treacherously into an agressive slope. I managed to par the hole with a fat 8ir onto the front of th green, lagged the first putt pin high about 2 ft right after the putt followed the slope. Holed it. Rest of the group 3 & 4 putted this one.

The moose is strong in me, so much so that I infected Inkosi without even being near the course yet.

Ghetto train – get on it.
Bandit express.

Winner C grade OOM #3 Patterson River.

Well you do get Deer Antler spray...maybe you should bottle this potent potion..
  • Stinkler likes this

#30 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32444 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Good day out with Rob, Koiom and Kiwi at Heidelberg on Sunday. Didn’t bother much with the score and was working on coaches instructions, max 4H off the tee and 7i off the fway. Got used to that later in the round, but some work still required with my pre-shot routine. Putting was absolute shite and will work on that during the week. The downpour mid round seemed to help and things improved slightly from there on. I am not gonna set the course alight next week, but hoping for a solid game.
  • Stinkler likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users