#1 ink

ink

another beer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33785 posts
  • Locationthe bar

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Good day to all, Seems like a good place to store and share progress, not only for my personal reflection but for friends and family to track… ISG members are also welcomed to comment….I don’t have a choice in that in any case :) Started playing in 2007 and graduated to a 18 handicap by 2010…Left South Africa to live in Oz late 2009.. Didn’t pick up a club again until early 2012…Joined Kooringal GC that same year. Differences since 2009 and 2012, were approx. 20kg weight gain, lack of fitness, lost my touch for the short game and my full swing was shite. After trudging around the fairways for a year I decided to focus on rebuilding my swing instead of instructing myself with what I know is best for me routine. I have obtained the services of Coach Garth about two months ago and started rebuilding my swing. First lesson was grip correction and second focused on wrist setting and weight transfer. Also some tweaks to my putting, chipping and bunker play. My current greatest weakness is my mindset when things go wrong. So I am working on my self-belief and temperament. I am currently playing off 27 and hope to be playing consistently to sub 20 by the end of the year, but more importantly it is to enjoy every round. The quest continues…
  • Stinkler likes this

#2 over the MUFFIN top

over the MUFFIN top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

mate, the way you were swinging on the first couple of holes when we met....getting back under 20 isnt far away....
  • Stinkler likes this

#3 ink

ink

another beer

• Members
  • 33785 posts
  • Locationthe bar

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't carry that tempo and rhythm through the entire round... think it is a thing called consistency..
  • Stinkler likes this

#4 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4177 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

As I always like to say about golf, consistency (or focus, or watching the ball or whatever you like) is more of an advanced skill.

#5 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25175 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

Consistency? Pfft. Just smash it, and if you miss, try again! Good luck Inkosi, having played with you, I think you have the patience and temperament to play good golf and have a heap of fun. Will enjoy following your -pain- journey.

#6 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9020 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

The world of golf according to coach Garth is a good hymn book to be singing from. Look forward to you progress and about time you started a thread a well!

#7 ink

ink

another beer

• Members
  • 33785 posts
  • Locationthe bar

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

As I always like to say about golf, consistency (or focus, or watching the ball or whatever you like) is more of an advanced skill.

agree, for that reason I only aim to focus on one area at a time during my rebuilding... So the issue on that day, was falling into the let's fixit trap, instead of maintaining my single thought for the swing. Looking forward to the Berg...
  • Stinkler likes this

#8 ink

ink

another beer

• Members
  • 33785 posts
  • Locationthe bar

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Consistency?

Pfft.

Just smash it, and if you miss, try again!

Good luck Inkosi, having played with you, I think you have the patience and temperament to play good golf and have a heap of fun.

Will enjoy following your pain journey.

What is this golf game you talk of?

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Stink, I don't think we have the talents that you have... Appreciate the words of encouragement and the round that I played with you guys had been the most fun I ever had on a course...looking forward to another. Soon.
  • Stinkler likes this

#9 ink

ink

another beer

• Members
  • 33785 posts
  • Locationthe bar

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

The world of golf according to coach Garth is a good hymn book to be singing from.

Look forward to you progress and about time you started a thread a well!

Ghetto train – get on it.
Bandit express.

Winner C grade OOM #3 Patterson River.

Thanks my west end brother... You are quite familiar with the aspect of getting back and managing expectations, so I am glad that you have turned it around and are putting in some really awesome scores. Coach Garth is a fantastic, it will be a lot of work, but the reward at the of the day will be worth it.
  • Stinkler likes this

#10 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23871 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

K having only played once with you i like what i saw calmness, tempo, routine and a solid course strategy you are in good hands mate look forward to the progress reports K

#11 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36488 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Inoski...inkso...skin...ahhh....fella. I want to see all the results mate. Garth will do you well. Cheers

#12 ink

ink

another beer

• Members
  • 33785 posts
  • Locationthe bar

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

K
having only played once with you i like what i saw
calmness, tempo, routine and a solid course strategy
you are in good hands mate
look forward to the progress reports
K

hitting a draw Frank??
Thanks my good man, there is a hug credit for you if ever needed.. Most of it went right on that day, so I can't complain....I just need to ensure it continues.
  • Stinkler likes this

#13 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10551 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Look forward to reading about your journey mate. You've got plenty of game, and by all accounts a hell of a coach in your corner. Sky's the limit mate, work hard, put the bad holes behind you, and the cap will drop quick smart.

#14 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8557 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

K
having only played once with you i like what i saw
calmness, tempo, routine and a solid course strategy
you are in good hands mate
look forward to the progress reports
K

hitting a draw Frank??

Thanks my good man, there is a hug credit for you if ever needed..
Most of it went right on that day, so I can’t complain….I just need to ensure it continues.

The Big Queasy
A two-foot putt counts the same as a two-foot drive.
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Inkoshi Do the drills that Coach gives you, they work, and once have them can use a checks along way when things don't go well. The 50 ball drill is part of my regular practice routine. keep giving him the feedback on how you are going. ' Garth has a terrific way of helping student think better about score and also on how best to play to your ability. Under his guidance I am now a better ball striker than when I was younger,but didn't have the range of shots I now have. You will get there good luck at H berg.,

#15 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9020 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Meh Inkosi. So gay up in here. Smash you at the berg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users