#3 swinger

swinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hope so. Now cue the Cabbageman.

Cabbageman [garbageman] , SMS316 , or one of the many aliases you have had on Australian golf forums that you still frequent or have been banned from, please reply Shaun.

#4 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4460 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Tipping the USGA will stay with the proposed ban of anchoring for the good of the game. It is the right thing to do.

#5 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12223 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

There's nothing "right" about it, Raz. It's going to adversely affect a large number of amateurs, but only a few touring pros. The 'spirit of the game' has allowed players to swing their clubs by any method they can conjure up, provided their swing line doesn't go between the feet. Now they're trying to specify how the club is to be gripped, or not gripped. What's next?

#6 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Banning side saddle ;)

#7 Top_Cat

Top_Cat

Top_Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2447 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

They use an anchored long putter because they couldn't survive using a traditional short putter.

#8 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2208 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Would be ridiculous if it ends up effectively being banned for amateurs (for whom there is a good argument that anything that makes the game more fun for people should be okay) but permitted for professionals.

#9 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12223 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Banning side saddle ;)

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 27/12/12

I like to be 'different', TB.

#10 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12223 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Would be ridiculous if it ends up effectively being banned for amateurs (for whom there is a good argument that anything that makes the game more fun for people should be okay) but permitted for professionals.

That is a likely outcome Deege.

#11 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10626 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

So nothing that makes the game more fun should be banned from the game? I hardly think that is either a logical or sensible idea. Let us hope that whatever decision the rules makers come up with , that the PGA will not decide to get their own way by using a big stick. That will not lead to growing the game. Or even keeping it at the level it is now. I do not see this rule being reversed for pros & not for the rest of the golfing community either.

#12 2Putts

2Putts

Hybrid User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts
  • LocationShlarba

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

I hope the USGA and R&A tell the prima donnas to get on and learn to putt without anchoring. There are plenty of alternative ways to hold a putter (claw grip, cross handed etc). I'm sure Tim Clark can find a way that doesn't impede his "wrist condition". A condition that seems to have no affect on the rest of his game.

#13 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

I hope the USGA and R&A tell the prima donnas to get on and learn to putt without anchoring.

There are plenty of alternative ways to hold a putter (claw grip, cross handed etc). I’m sure Tim Clark can find a way that doesn’t impede his “wrist condition”. A condition that seems to have no affect on the rest of his game.

Nine out of ten people believe that out of ten people, one person will always disagree with the other nine!

Yeah i thought the wrist condition a strange argument... There's nearly no wrists involved with a putting stroke and if it's to do with his grip then as mentioned there are countless alternatives to try.

#14 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3698 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Go the Finch!! Stick it to em mate.

#15 Weeti

Weeti

Eric "Otter" Stratton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18552 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Queensland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

If 'easier for amateurs' is a driver for rule choices then they should reverse the MOI, driver head size and ball rules. If you are going to try golf and then drop it because it is too difficult nothing will change that. Getting to use an anchored putting strike won't make it easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users