305 replies to this topic

#1 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11682 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

OK gang, OOMBET has returned for 2013. This is a friendly and light hearted way to create a bit of fun, banter and discussion around the OOM days. Many of us claim to have our ‘finger on the pulse’; OOMBET gives you the opportunity to prove it. The format is quite simple… Format 1) Everyone starts with $1000 in their kitty 2) Inspect the odds which will be posted below tomorrow (13/2) 3) Lodge your bets via the OOMBET email account (OOMBET@hotmail.com">OOMBET@hotmail.com) 4) Sit back and bask in your glory of being OOMBET’s best punter… if that’s the case. Markets The following markets will be open for punting on: a) Overall Winner of OOM #1 b) Overall Top 3 of OOM #1 c) Grade Winner – A, B, C & N d) Overall Long Drive (LD) Winner e) Grade LD Winner (A, B & C) f) Overall 2013 OOM Winner g) “Name Your Own” Exotics (more detail in separate post) OOMBET is also offering for the ‘multipliers’ or ‘multis’ where you can roll the odds of one bet into another to increase the return. With great reward comes great risk though, as if one ‘leg’ of the multi fails, so does the whole bet. OOMBET hasn’t played golf with half the field, so I expect there to be some ‘gold’ where odds might be a little askew. That’s up to you to find them out… All limits on minimum spend and bets are removed for 2013. Knock yourself out. (Conditions apply... see 7 below) The OOMBET Punter of the Year will get a custom made “trophy” at the end of the year which will be made up of whatever junk OOMBET can find in the shed. It will be, without a shadow of a doubt... one of a kind. Rules / Guidelines / Disclaimers / Caveats 1) All bets are ‘virtual’ and do not represent in any way, shape or form actual legal currency 2) All bets are to lodges vial the email account (OOMBET@hotmail.com">OOMBET@hotmail.com or my personal account smergen AT hotmail DOT com). All received bets will be acknowledged by return email. 3) Bets that are posted online are not valid 4) Bets will be accepted up until commencement of play on Sunday 24th of Feb 5) Multipliers, if used, will have a minimum of 2 legs and a maximum of 4 legs. 6) Each punter will get $100 each OOM day to top up the account 7) Overall OOM Winner odds will change after each event as the competition progresses. However whatever odds you place the bet against will remain, so it will pay to get in early. A maximum of 10 punts per punter in this category. 8) Odds won’t change during the week, even if a player moves between grades. 9) OOMBET is open to ALL ISG’rs not just participants. 10) Bets for N Graders for Overall Winner and Top 3 aren’t available 11) OOMBET Inc. reserve the right to amend and change these rules ‘on the fly’ as we tweak the comp. 13) Grade LD odds can’t be rolled into Overall LD odds in multipliers, nor can a grade win into the overall win. You can roll a grade win into a Top 3 however. So let’s go gang… OOMBET… Get On It!!

#2 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11682 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

“Name Your Own” Exotics Something new for 2013 are the Name Your Own Exotic bets, or Exotics for short. Basically we’re opening the OOMBET market out to ISG’rs to request odds on whatever you’d like to punt on in regards to the ISG day. This can be golf score related or, if in the right spirit, something more comical. Some examples would be: 1) All brothers HotFuzz, BMan and Smergen to all score over 30pts 2) No cops in the Top 3 3) GPJ to be the highest Beacy Boy scorer 4) Stinkler to pull a Spartan and “no show” A couple of rules though: 1) No negative bets – lets keep this in the right spirit. No “NAGA winner” or “Smergs to act like a ****” things. No matter how likely they are. 2) Bets can be discussed on here or via email with OOMBET. 3) Odds will become official on clarification from Smergen 4) Once a market is official, anyone is able to take up the bet. 5) All bets still need to be submitted via email before coming official. This is a new thing for OOMBET, it might take a bit of getting used to, so bear with me. It might completely screw the concept, it may make OOMBET. We’ll see and play it by ear...

#3 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

i would like to bet that OB has the correct spelling and grammar on his scorecard? what are my odds? hhahahaha seriously though this looks like fun

#4 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

and my second bet is i bet kiwi forgets and leaves his kinetic link in the car.....

#5 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11682 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

No markets on those Hacky... They are dead certs... :)

#6 Goldy

Goldy

Long Drive Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23005 posts
  • LocationLe Frogge

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Exotic #1 Top Cat to hit 14/14 fairways into BMan getting his driver to the vertical on his backswing into Frank having in excess of 30 balls in his golf bag into Peaksy wearing curtains. Odds?

#7 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11682 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Exotic #1

Top Cat to hit 14/14 fairways into BMan getting his driver to the vertical on his backswing into Frank having in excess of 30 balls in his golf bag into Peaksy wearing curtains.

Odds?

Smoldy. Like the Grand Canyon….one of the few things in life that when you see it, it doesn’t disappoint.
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Hmm.... Given that TopCat isn't playing... I'd say $1000000-1....

#8 peak_sy

peak_sy

Supa Gorilla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Are there any other type of pants?

#9 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19956 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Are there any other type of pants?

roma

#10 BGH

BGH

Ruggedly handsome member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou stay classy Melbourne

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Mystery bets? This is my first ISG day and the only thing I know about everyone is that 94% of them are fags (based on what I can ascertain from other ISG golf day threads).

#11 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16231 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

...... into Frank having in excess of 30 balls in his golf bag....... .

Where else will I keep them????

#12 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11682 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Mystery bets? This is my first ISG day and the only thing I know about everyone is that 94% of them are fags (based on what I can ascertain from other ISG golf day threads).

Hey BGH... OOMBET was something conjured up by myself and BMan over a few beers and the amazement of people thinking someone was a "bandit" or a "sandbagger". We decided we'd run a "virtual book" on our OOM days and see if people could put their (hypothetical) money where their mouth is. It's all good fun and banter and I strongly encourage you to have a crack. It doesn't matter that you don't know many, as history has shown that despite OOMBET's investigation, and Formguides track record rundown, it's quite difficult to pick the winner or Top 3. So a guess is as good as anything. So when I put the odds up later in the day, have a look and see if any of the boys you hosted at Commonwealth look like "value". Otherwise perhaps look at the people who have 'threads' like myself, GPJ, Ghetto, RobNewy and Stinkler and see what you can glean there. Or simply close your eyes and do a random selection... It's good fun and a bit of a talking point...

#13 Spartan52

Spartan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1752 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Stink to refer to BGH as a *** before the day, odds?

#14 NAGA_MiCK™

NAGA_MiCK™

Bring back Stinkler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5490 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

If I could have any professional golfer’s name and any professional golfer’s hair, I would have Robert Rock’s name and Robert Rock’s hair.

and the other 6% are swags....

#15 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11682 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

OK... the odds are about to be posted... Let's hope they are legible..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users