86 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Things are bad in clubland. Ring in rumor to Tom Elliot's 3AW Drive program today that LI is in financial trouble and they are in discussions with Coles to flog off part of their site to stay afloat. Hope they can make things work out for the longer term.

#2 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4222 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Coles. How so, do they wanna put a supermkt there?

#3 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Was it on here that I read about Long Island and Peninsula merging and then selling off the land at Long Island?

#4 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

Was it on here that I read about Long Island and Peninsula merging and then selling off the land at Long Island?

Titleist 910D3 Aldila RIP 60
Titleist 910Fd Aldila RIP 60
Titleist 909H Adilda Voodoo
Titleist 710 AP1 Nippon NS Pro 105T
Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport
Pro V1x

Now there is a merger I can't see working

#5 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

would be a shame, Ive always rated longy.

#6 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hawkers, It's just a rumour, they aren't in trouble at all. Before I joined I ensured the club was healthy financially. There was land sold off over 2 years ago to developers, not for the reason so called people are claiming. An oppourtunity presented it's self and what club in their right mind wouldn't take the opportunity presented to them, it had nothing to do with these so called rumours. Not sure where the Coles rumour came from and never heard that before either. This isn't true at all. The merger with the other club again just gossip and rumours. The rumours are false and untrue LI is doing ok as a club and going pretty strong. Please in future unless it is factual information can you refrain from posting topics of this nature about any club. It can be very damaging to the club at hand.

#7 Spartan52

Spartan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1849 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Thats good to hear Scott, I think its a ripping course and it would be a shame to lose it, just wish I could afford to be a member there :)

#8 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Zen, the op did state it was a ring in rumour

#9 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Please in future unless it is factual information can you refrain from posting topics of this nature that about any club. It can be very damaging to the club at hand.
Zen mate... Hawkers was just reporting something he heard on a rumour file section of the media and put it up here. Never once did he put anything negative or defamatory about LI up here. This is a forum where people come to dicuss things, including what they hear. You've come on and clarified the matter to your understanding which is awesome. By then asking people not to discuss hearsay and innuendo would leave the place pretty quiet (except for Stink I suppose). There are few facts out about the doping scandal in the AFL and yet there are a million posts about this. This isn't a personal attack on LI, nor is it defamatory or deceitful. Relax and let the forum do what it is designed to do.

#10 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Smerg, Fair play and respect what you are saying, although have you considered the ramifications and impact this rumours had on the golf club? The club has had phone calls nonstop about this from their members and others since yesterday. This rumour has already had damaging impact to a club's image and caused them headaches. Now the GM has to go to air on radio to clear this matter up because of some low life prick who has nothing better to do starting a vicious rumour on the air publicly about the club. Now they have to make other media announcements to clear this matter up which costs the club money to clear the matter up. These rumours can cost the clubs new memberships or renewal of memberships. I'm told to chill out and pull my head for asking people to not post stuff like this trying to prevent this happening to any golf club and their members causing them the same headaches our club now has to encounter ???

#11 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32483 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

I don't think the post by Hawkers' has caused this Zen. That has been caused by the public statement made by the person on the rumour file. As a result, it has been public knowledge........all (IMHO) Hawkers was doing in posting it, was to get another perspective......perhaps by people who may be members of the club. You have done that.

#12 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

These rumours can cost the clubs new memberships or renewal of memberships. The GM going to air has hopefully cleared it all up. Unfortunately this is life where things will always be said and then either confirmed or refuted. Only played LI once but thought it looked to be travelling ok if numbers and condition of course are any indication. Tough track from memory!

#13 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Zen - Have you called the radio station in question to protest? If not then why waste time here when all of a bout 10 people will hear about it through these forums? The forums here are hardly new.com

#14 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Smerg,
Fair play and respect what you are saying, although have you considered the ramifications and impact this rumours had on the golf club?
The club has had phone calls nonstop about this from their members and others since yesterday.

This rumour has already had damaging impact to a club’s image and caused them headaches.

Now the GM has to go to air on radio to clear this matter up because of some low life prick who has nothing better to do starting a vicious rumour on the air publicly about the club. Now they have to make other media announcements to clear this matter up which costs the club money to clear the matter up.

These rumours can cost the clubs new memberships or renewal of memberships.

I’m told to chill out and pull my head for asking people to not post stuff like this trying to prevent this happening to any golf club and their members causing them the same headaches our club now has to encounter ???

Mate, no doubt rumours can have damage. Don't deny that. I just think it's a bit rich that you ask someone not to put up a thread that discusses it's validity. To hold Hawkers to task is a bit rich considering this thread at the time of me writing this had 241 views and 12 posts compared to the discussion on Melbourne's biggest radio station that is listened to by 16% of Melbournians (so a few hundred thousand give or take a few). From where I see it it's provided a avenue to get LI into the news, get some airtime on prime time radio saying how actually stable the club is and how it's a great place to go. I wonder how much an advertisement spot would cost to do the same? Either way mate, it's not the rumour, it's impact, validity, your defense of the club, or any of that that I have an issue with. It's the asking of someone not to post threads wishing to discuss golf related topics and innuendo. It is afterall, the one of the forum's prime purposes...

#15 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Smergs, I hear what your are saying and respect what you are saying. There is reason why I asked people not to and below is why This is private and confidential information and should not have been broad casted publicly it against the law. Iseek or forum members have not been given written consent by the club to discuss their financial situation on a public forum or in public. It's not the public interest what a club or some one's financial status is, we do not have the right or consent to discuss the club financial situations with our written consent from the club. Yes and I could even get my butt kicked for even standing up and saying it ain't true either. Because I never got consent from the club to do so, I have notified the club what I have done. To protect my butt as well. I never wanted to get into the politics of this and I felt by nicely asking people not to post this type of stuff was the polite way about going about this with out having to go into the politics of why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users