- CHRISTMAS GIFT VOUCHER IDEA - 3 X 30 MIN PRIVATE GOLF LESSONS FOR $99 (SAVE $81) 31 Dec 2014
- Play Golf - Links Hope Island 30 Jan 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 Jan 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Mar 2015
- Golf - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Jan 2015
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Dec 2014
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 Dec 2014
- Golf - Club Barham 30 Dec 2014
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Play Golf - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Jan 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Dec 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jan 2015
- The Glades Summer Pass - ($65pp) Limited available 21 Feb 2015
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 30 Mar 2015
- The Cut Golf Course -WA (2@ $99 inc/cart) 30 Jan 2015
- Secret Harbour Golf Links (2 for $39 walking) 31 Dec 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 Jan 2015
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2014
- Forest Resort Creswick 2 @$58 inc cart and logo balls! 25 Feb 2015
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Avalon Public Golf Course - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0) 18 Holes Walking no motorised carts available. pull buggies only
- Riverside Oaks Golf Resort - $70 (Save 20%) (WAS $88.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- The Links - Shell Cove - $9 (Save 84%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- The Links - Shell Cove - $19 (Save 67%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Phillip Island Golf Club - $29 (Save 27%) (WAS $40.0) 18 Holes Walking
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $49.5 (Save 28%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
My tentative journey into div 1 pennants
Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:35 AM
Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:31 PM
Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:25 AM
Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:49 AM
Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:35 AM
Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:34 AM
HCWT :If you need any on course management help .I would be more than pleased to caddie for you .For the right $. Say No More . BS.
well today was round 3 and we battled the boys from Kew country club ( formerly known as Camden haven golf club) at the challenging Great Lakes Country club at Tuncurry. If the bloody course wasnâ€™t long enough they put us off the black tees to boot!!
My opponent was a young bloke in his late 20s of Sri Lankan heritage who sported a 3 hcp. Unfortunately he also sported a job in Drummond golf which gave him access to plenty of practice , equipment and the subsequent game to match
My day started in an interesting fashion. The formalities on the first tee were conducted by the district president and we were sent on our way. I was playing number 7 so was in the first group off. One of the locals, a large retired chap with only one leg and a pair of crutches was standing in the middle of the fairway acting as spotter. I stood up there with my driver thinking â€ť is today a draw day or a fade dayâ€ť as whatever happens on the first tee generally sets the tone for the day. Well I launched one straight down the middle. Straight at the spotter as a matter of fact. I was sure he would see it, as that was his job description reallyâ€¦Spotter! So I didnâ€™t yell fore, just waited for him to moveâ€¦and waitedâ€¦and waited. Well apparently he hadnâ€™t filled out the job application form correctly and missed the question that said â€ť Are you blessed with good enough eyesight to see an approaching golf ballâ€ť. thankfully it only got him on the bounce. On reaching him he denied that it had hit him at all but we all know that it did, but he was OK. so back to the golf
First few holes are quick to describe. Opponent knocks in a 20 footer for birdie on first, 1 down. squared the second with pars then he stiffs it on the third and rolls that in for another birdie, 2 down
At this point my stated aim of making it to the 14th hole each week isnt looking great.
4th is a par 3 which we were both somewhat short and chipped up to a few metres each. He charged his par putt and went a good bit by so i made sure if mine missed it was close and made my 4. He then lipped out to give me a win and back to 1 down.
5th is a par 5 and i knocked it straight down the guts. He hooked his into the scrub and after about 4 minutes and 57 seconds of searching I found his ball for him ( not the smartest thing i did all day). He pitched out and i proceeded to hook my second shot into the scrub followed by a provisional ball in the same place, both balls never to be seen again. Back to 2 down
he sprayed his drive right on the 6th and i found the fairway. Unfortunately we didnt find his ball this time, which was surprising as its probably the only reasonably clear bit of rough on the course. So another win for me and back to 1 down.
7 he found the scrub, chipped out, made bogey and i was left with about 4 ft for par which I missed. Not happy Jan but a sign of things to come
8 I had about 5 ft for par and a square which again i missed. I always over read the greens at tuncurry and kept seeing things that werent there again today. 2 down again
9 was squared with bogeys. That was the first of the par 3s that i had to hit driver on for the day. 220m into the wind.
10 I carved one right and had to hit 3 off the tee. he was good enough to make bogey and followed that with another birdie on 11 to go to to 4 down but I was happy that i didnt throw the towel in and kept fighting. I won 12 with a par and 13 with a bogey when he found the bush again so I had fought back to 2 down.
14 was another driver off the tee on a par 3. Over 200 into the wind. I didnt even reach the green this time, but got up and down for a par. unfortunately my opponent made a great up and down from a tough lie to square me.
15 was a par 5 and he found the bush again while i found the fairway He was able to chip out and get to the front of the green for 4 while i was just short for 3. His 20 plus metre putt nestled a foot from the hole and i gave him that and needed to make a 6 footer for a win. Once again I over read it and looked for break that wasnt there and we squared it with sixes.
So i came to the 16th 2 down, missed the green and couldnt get up and down to match his par and the match was settled 3/2 in his favour. The team lost 6-2.
I was pleased with the way i hit the ball but was poor with the putter in hand. I had 4 or 5 opportunities to win holes that i let pass. Another game that i could have won, another lesson that even though your opponent may hit them well past you, your never out of the game.
Next week we play the strong port macquarie club at nearby Wingham. A course that wonâ€™t offer any terrors for anyone.
the adventure continues
Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:00 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users