Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Monthly Medal Query

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Robinator

Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1196 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

If I win the Monthly Medal as a C grader and before the Medal Of Medals my handicap takes me into B grade what happens when the Medal of Medals comes around? Do I then miss out on playing the Medal Of Medals?

#2 2Putts

2Putts

Rescue User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6165 posts
  • LocationShlarba

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

No you don't miss out. I'm pretty sure you will play for the Medal of Medals in B grade. At least that is what happens at my club.

#3 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

yep you play in the grade that you are currently in i believe

#4 Where's the draw?

Where's the draw?

Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1346 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

At our club you play for the medal of medals in the grade that you won, but off whatever handicap you have at the time the play-off is held.

#5 blacksnake

blacksnake

BS.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • Locationa hole in the ground .

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Danny: If you have won a Monthly Medal? Good luck. As I would be more than happy .So to play in the Medal of Medals is a bonous . Say No More. BS.

#6 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationIn the pines

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just win all monthly medals.... Then you won't have to worry about any competition. ( tongue in cheek firmly planted)

#7 hangingout

hangingout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

The Medal of Medals is across all grades (there's not a winner in each grade) so it doesn't matter what you're off now. All 36 winners (if no one doubles up) play off and there is 1 winner overall, all playing off current handicap, not what you played off when you won your Medal.

#8 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationIn the pines

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I could be wrong( which I often am) but I was under the impression that the monthly medal was awarded to only one winner per month, the lowest nett score on the day. Each grade will have a nett winner or best gross medal but there is only one monthly medal winer but other clubs may be different

#9 2Putts

2Putts

Rescue User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6165 posts
  • LocationShlarba

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Well I'm glad that got cleared up : P Seems to be a few options; I'd be asking your club Danny : )

#10 hangingout

hangingout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

We're talking about the Medal of Medals............not the Monthly Medal

#11 K K Kenny

K K Kenny

The artist formerly known as HCWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4300 posts
  • LocationMid north coast, NSW

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

the correct answer is...there isnt one.( at least only one) these events are run differently by different clubs so you have to check out how your club runs things as it is entirely within their control. For years my club gave the monthly medal to the best scratch score in each grade and had a monthly mug which went to the best nett score across all grades. Now they have changed it and give a monthly medal to the best nett score in each grade.

#12 Crrack

Crrack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

The Medal of Medals is across all grades (there’s not a winner in each grade) so it doesn’t matter what you’re off now. All 36 winners (if no one doubles up) play off and there is 1 winner overall, all playing off current handicap, not what you played off when you won your Medal.

This is the way it is at my club as well... But as others have said, best to speak with the match committee as each club will have it’s own interpretation on how it’s played. Regarding handicaps - I think the best way, is you play off no higher than what you qualified for. So if you qualified playing off 10, and blow out to 12, you’ll play the Medal of Medals off 10. But if you drop down to 8, then you play off 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users