43 replies to this topic

#16 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3083 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

The sun is out here today birds chirping, a beautiful morning.

I feel like the day after a big night out- is it all behind us and now we start afresh? ;)

Resident forum moderator
Any issues contact content @ iseekgolf.com

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

#17 Lagerlover1372663111

Lagerlover1372663111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Negativity is not positive in anyway.

#18 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8124 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

two negatives make a positive no, no, yeah!

#19 Schmuck

Schmuck

B Grader anywhere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10600 posts
  • Location1 club shorter

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

good with the bad, ying with the yang....the universe needs contrast for balance... Sh%t, sounds almost hippy eh?

#20 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18865 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

So ...... just because one person actually decides that he's suddenly had enough of being negative himself ........ we should all just change now? Where's your committment I say? Pick a mood, and stick to it, FFS :-).

#21 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25175 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

So …... just because one person actually decides that he’s suddenly had enough of being negative himself …..... we should all just change now?

Where’s your committment I say?

Pick a mood, and stick to it, FFS :-).

http://www.golflink.com.au/...
2012 Rotary Ambrose Champions “All Star Team” Member.
LD Champion – Growling Bog ’11, A Grade WV ’12, Bendigo ’12.
Albatross – 3rd hole Par 5 Beaconhills 19-11-2012 3W-6 iron.

Fark off Gaz.

#22 solarbear

solarbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Just retunred to this site about 5 months ago and can't believe how neagative it is. The guys can not even have a swingtip thread without people ruining it arguing over their different prremises. The whole isntruction thread would probably run smoother and be happier if the Pros put a little link in a thread and use their own threads to comment on their systems view. Atm its just very poor for your average golfer who just wants to talk the swing and get some help/understanding.

#23 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25175 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

But what about "the truth"?

#24 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11746 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Just retunred to this site about 5 months ago and can’t believe how neagative it is.

The guys can not even have a swingtip thread without people ruining it arguing over their different prremises.

The whole isntruction thread would probably run smoother and be happier if the Pros put a little link in a thread and use their own threads to comment on their systems view.

Atm its just very poor for your average golfer who just wants to talk the swing and get some help/understanding.

Thanks Solar for the feedback. YES a couple personalities that don't agree in the Golf Instruction thread at the moment and a couple debating the existence of a God in another thread but outside of them do you see negativity in other topics? I agree on your "pros own thread" comment and a few of them do actually have them and for the exact reasons you have outlined here. Golf swings and religion seem to have a lot in common;)

#25 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3321 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Negativity here..................NOOOOooooooooooo. Actually ,I dont know Unsure really. I want to be happy................I just cant .

#26 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3556 posts
  • LocationA bit South of North of here

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

But what about “the truth”?

What is this golf game you talk of?

The 'truth' is out there.

#27 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39030 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

Just retunred to this site about 5 months ago and can’t believe how neagative it is.

The guys can not even have a swingtip thread without people ruining it arguing over their different prremises.

The whole isntruction thread would probably run smoother and be happier if the Pros put a little link in a thread and use their own threads to comment on their systems view.

Atm its just very poor for your average golfer who just wants to talk the swing and get some help/understanding.

Wouldn't that mean we ended up with a thread with only a couple of links and nothing of substance? Then the pro's attached thread would have to have another thread linked for the other pro who doesn't agree. Since when did disagreeing with each other become a negative? It'd be a bloody boring piece of crap forum if every thread was all "la de da" and only allowed people to post who agreed whole heartedly with everything that had been posted up to that point. It's a forum for gods sake. Forum's were places where people came to discuss and debate things in Greek and roman times. It's meant to involve disagreement. Get rid of the personal remarks, sure. But the disagreement? It'd be boring as.

#28 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27107 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Wouldn’t that mean we ended up with a thread with only a couple of links and nothing of substance? Then the pro’s attached thread would have to have another thread linked for the other pro who doesn’t agree.

Since when did disagreeing with each other become a negative? It’d be a bloody boring piece of crap forum if every thread was all “la de da” and only allowed people to post who agreed whole heartedly with everything that had been posted up to that point.

It’s a forum for gods sake. Forum’s were places where people came to discuss and debate things in Greek and roman times. It’s meant to involve disagreement.

Get rid of the personal remarks, sure. But the disagreement? It’d be boring as.

11/3/2013 17.6 – 2013 target single figures
Inaugural Official Handicapper and Treasurer of the SEQ Golf Guys

With you in one respect Weet, but he has a point, it got that bad not long ago that I started completely ignoring some posters and just read these with positive posts. Some of the vitriol spread around when discussing technique is totally inappropriate.

#29 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22266 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Golf swings and religion seem to have a lot in common;)
I play golf religiously. I regularly call upon the gods to fix things.

#30 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27107 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Wrong thread OB, you want the god squad. you must have taken a wrong turn when you were moving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users