#1 Placegetter

Placegetter

Here for my own entertainment.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts
  • Location17.04 warning points.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hi mate, now that you have straightened out my drive, any chance you can spend a little time on my 20-40m chip shot. It's a shot I think as a 20 handicapper I have no business playing, however because I tend to miss a lot of greens (part of the reason I'm a 20 handicapper no doubt), it's one I seem compelled to play often. My stock answer when faced with this shot, conditions allowing, is to bump it up there with a 5 iron. It's probably time I added some arrows to the quiver. Forgetting execution for a moment, are there any "rules" around club face, backswing and path that I should at least get my head around first?

#2 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

hi place, mate for me, get rid of that 5 iron...... you should be hitting a 52-60 degree'er for those shots.... hands forward, deloft the club, stance wide open, ball position back. hit down into the ball..... you want the ball to land right where you picture it landing..... you want to get that good at it that you are reading the greens and breaks from 10-30mtrs out from the pin.... path should be normal, face is square, but delofted. angle into the ball is the real key here at this distance with a high lofted club..... you want that high lofted club ballflight coming out low and hard.... only real time it all changes is for the 20mt or so flop

#3 Placegetter

Placegetter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

So here's the thing. I can do that, I just use a 5 iron so I don't have to deloft. Maybe I'm worse than I thought. Okay, let me give it another go, I have. 51 degree wedge, or a 56. The 56 wouldn't feel right.

#4 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13207 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Ah, I've found part 2 !!

#5 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

56 is good...... hands forward down and thru.... the feeling is down and thru...not scoop or under....

#6 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

take a divot...... a big one if needed

#7 Placegetter

Placegetter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

You take a divot to hit 40m? Okay, I'm way out of my league here. So even though I said 56 wouldn't feel right, that's the club you want me to use? I'd better get to this, I've got a game coming up in a few weeks.

#8 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

#9 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Summer is near- happy days!

• Administrators
  • 7169 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

You take a divot to hit 40m? Okay, I’m way out of my league here. So even though I said 56 wouldn’t feel right, that’s the club you want me to use? I’d better get to this, I’ve got a game coming up in a few weeks.

Regained most overrated golfer on ISG at Inaugural National ISG event, Gold Coast September 2012.

Self Annointed World Champion Forum Golf 4Ball Best Ball Team with Natnkyls – Still undefeated

I thought I had a bad attitude, then I joined ISG.

If the rain stops let me know when your on the Goldie. I play this shot all the time from this range

#10 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

there ya go.... some storm up there right now hey?

#11 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

ISG Tom Foolery

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6124 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

so on a downhill lie I set up with the ball......? *eyebrows raised, in a Will Farrel Step Brothers "can we build bunk beds" kind of so your saying???

#12 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yep 60% of the time it works every time

#13 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

ISG Tom Foolery

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6124 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

so did you touch my drumset?

#14 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hack, to be fair the supa at Huntingdale has less staff than other local courses and about half the budget of some to work with ( $800 k ) Until recently afew months ago the greens were in good condition. As for banging your head against a brickwall trying to unearth answers and getting the truth, I feel it would be easier to go straight to the relevant authorities for " the correct story " Jon... ps: only because the other 2 threads have been closed prematurely without answers !

#15 vinum_coupe

vinum_coupe

Burp!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2848 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hey Hack, I just watched the Holden Scramble vid. Fair effort to hit a running drive after 14 cans ! But I wanted to ask how far you hit driver usually?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users