5 replies to this topic

#1 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

It's been awhile since I posted my swing. Thoughts?

#2 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

really like that position at the top, I cant seem to get it to pause well thru the downswing/impact, but looks slightly like you drop it inside a little

#3 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4465 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

AB IMO you aren't thinking correctly about the golf swing for a person with your build. Stoutly built golfers are limited to how they can swing a golf club, more so than a person with a slimmer build. You have to be able to stand up over the ball and lash it without having to worry about going through positions. This is where somebody with your build and str e ngth has an advantage over a slimmer and less physically stronger golfer. Without going into a lot of details on technique, a golfer with your build needs clubs with very flat lies. The ball is played more towards the centre of the stance with the arms more out from the body (Moe Norman style). The swing is short and more around the body. The path of the clubhead is from inside to out through the ball position with the left arm supinating. It is advise able to have the left arm supinating in the takeaway and free wheeling from there. That will give the feeling of what the left wrist has to do through the ball position.

#4 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

It’s been awhile since I posted my swing. Thoughts?

www.challenge.org.au
’Get a Luke the Duck Merchandise to remind
yourself that you are golfing while Jarrod Lyle can’t’
VTTP #534
The “unofficial” millionth POST poster
Mate doing a practice swing is entirely different to your actually swing hitting a ball. You can't really access with out see you in action striking a ball. I always wish my real swing was like practice swing ;)

#5 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I hit a yellow wiffle ball as I agree a practice swing isn't the same once a ball is added. I'm using the centre of the clothesline as a aim point. If you look closely you'll see the ball landing left of target near the back fence. Best I can do at times Zen. Beggars can't be choosers.

#6 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Will google Moe Norman swing Razz and Hack would the 'inside a little' be why it's a little left? Cheers Guys and thanks for the responses(zen included)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users