• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 wilsonstaff

wilsonstaff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Hi all, I just wanted to post my swing video (sorry thats it's a short vid) Im currently happy with how im swinging it but if you see any flaws in the swing i would like hear back some feedback to make me a better player!

#2 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

all looks good to me.... however a bit hard to tell with so much snow..... :-)

#3 wilsonstaff

wilsonstaff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

My swing

#4 Stinkler

Stinkler

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Wow, nice.

#5 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

awesome.... nice swing whats your bad shot high right?

#6 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Very nice action, your only problem is you are standing on the wrong side of the ball.

#7 wilsonstaff

wilsonstaff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

My bad shot is a short iron draw, or with the driver its a toe draw

#8 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6618 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

must be a trick of the video, I thought you were hitting the ball backwards...hahaha the draw on the irons might come from a slightly shut club-face as most easily seen on the half-way point of the backswing. only a little bit shut in this video but if it stays a little more shut on a "lazy" takeaway... nevertheless, if you are playing to a 4mark, you must be doing something pretty right, pretty consistently and pretty often too.

#9 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4738 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

its a great swing... totally i see it as a timing based swing that i recon you can go really low, but also really inconsistently high too....when you are off.

#10 wilsonstaff

wilsonstaff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

I know what you mean hackpro, Those days when my swing is off my ball striking goes downhill quickly

#11 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

The swing looks solid in the vid., maybe a little rushed. Maybe your bad days are when the swing gets quick. With longish swings like yours the backswing needs to be more deliberate and the transition an unhurried drop straight down towards the feet. A hurried transition can encourage the left arm and shoulder to come in too early in a longish backswing, creating a power leak.

#12 crème de la crème

crème de la crème

Why the long face?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6198 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Fantastic swing mate...really nice. Tempo is good and you have tremendous extension. Your first movement is a slight sway forward...I took a couple of screen shots. This is the top of your backswing, you have kept your body perfectly still...fantastic! This is your first movement...notice your hips, shoulders are forward? - your legs are pretty good, slight collapse, head stays still...I would try focussing on turning your hips better. So what this does is means your COG is slightly forward, hands and club need to try and keep up and you will effectively flip...probably not real good. You'll also lose some of the lag I bet you really build up when you swing well. Here is the shot of your lag, and where I think you should be with your lag (in red) This is a very minor fault, but will mean the difference between being on the fairway and being in the rough, or being near the pin or being right of the green. There are much smarter men than I on here, they can give you some good drills on what to focus on. I would try to 'crush the can' with your front foot and make sure you turn your hips, not sway (it is very, very slight) Great swing!

#13 wilsonstaff

wilsonstaff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! ill upload another longer video soon with some more swings so you can get a more detailed view on my swing. I've done some work with Peter Knight the Tasmanian state coach, and we have worked on my shoulders and hips at address, he says that they are a little flat but im not sure if you can see it on this video because its only short

#14 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Yes, it is obvious. A feeling of the left hip higher than the right at address with a high right shoulder is the way to go. An inward rotated left knee in the address position will lift the left hip higher and provide more resistance during the pivot. Listen to your coach, he knows his stuff. Not a good idea looking for advice on a forum when you have a State coach advising you.:-)

#15 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6618 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

aha! aint that the truth the worst coach is the well-meaning amateur!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users