#1 SAF

SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hello Is anyone out there a member of carnarvon that could give me some info about joining the club? It looks to be a great place but I hear it can get very busy and hard t get a game. Any help from a member would be great Thanks

#2 Hawkers2013

Hawkers2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2743 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hello

Is anyone out there a member of carnarvon that could give me some info about joining the club? It looks to be a great place but I hear it can get very busy and hard t get a game. Any help from a member would be great

Thanks

They have a Tuesday open day why not have a hit in that, talk to some members and take it from there.

#3 SAF

SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Well I am not a member anywhere so I won't be able to play in the open comp.

#4 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Have you checked out Liverpool mate? Def worth a look...

#5 LowLife

LowLife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Agree, Liverpool is definitely worth checking out

#6 SAF

SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

No I have just moved into the area I almost joined strathfield but after going for a second look decided against. I will have a look at Liverpool thanks

#7 The ComMuntish

The ComMuntish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Carnarvon is a remarkably well maintained course in great nick. I am not a member there so I can't really speak of the general ability to obtain a weekend game, but the few times I have played mid week, it has been slow. Can't really say for sure, but I think it may have a little to do with the number of players on course that think they are K.J.Choi, but play like Charlie Carp.

#8 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Awesome mate. I'm a member at Livo, so a little biaised, but most Sydney golfers will attest that it's a great layout and generally in good nick. Membership is solid value - much, much more so than Strathfield. I've not had a chance to play Carnarvon, but one of the pros in the Livo pro shop came over from there recently. Livo is in Lansvale - have a look at the website, go have a hit and see what you think. I've never had a problem with getting a preferred time slot on weekends. Cheers.

#9 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Mate, Tuesdays and Fridays are social days at Livo, in case you wanted to sus it out...

#10 SAF

SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for the help guys I'll head out to Liverpool this week and have a look.

#11 Jellicoe60

Jellicoe60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

SAF, also check out Cumberland Golf Course. I live in Lidcombe near Carnarvon, but am a member of Cumberland (it's exactly 12 minutes away via the M4 on an early Saturday morning ;) Cumberland's joining fees are currently waived and and their yearly fee's are quite cheap compared to similar quality courses.

#12 SAF

SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

SAF, also check out Cumberland Golf Course. I live in Lidcombe near Carnarvon, but am a member of Cumberland (it’s exactly 12 minutes away via the M4 on an early Saturday morning ;)
Cumberland’s joining fees are currently waived and and their yearly fee’s are quite cheap compared to similar quality courses.

Hi Leftfoot thanks for the reply i was just looking at Cumberland and noticed they have no joining fee. My only concern is when i called i was told there is a ballot on friday nights and i work Friday nights. Would this make it hard to get a time on saturday morning befor 9.30?

#13 Jellicoe60

Jellicoe60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hi Saf, I think for all courses, comps start at about 6.30am-8.30am, then fom 11.00am to 1pm.... This allows them to get the maximum numbers onto the field for two tee starts. All courses would have some type of ballot system as well, I think Liverpool is also Friday. ( I used to be a member there as well) At Cumberland, I usually play as a single on Saturdays and 90% of the time I can book in for the following Saturday when I come in to play my round each week. If not, then I put myself on the waiting list and will surely get my desired time, since there are guaranteed to be cancellations. You will find that you can get your desired tee time for most courses as they are all down on numbers of members. Rgds.

#14 SAF

SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hi Saf,

I think for all courses, comps start at about 6.30am-8.30am, then fom 11.00am to 1pm…. This allows them to get the maximum numbers onto the field for two tee starts.

All courses would have some type of ballot system as well, I think Liverpool is also Friday. ( I used to be a member there as well)

At Cumberland, I usually play as a single on Saturdays and 90% of the time I can book in for the following Saturday when I come in to play my round each week. If not, then I put myself on the waiting list and will surely get my desired time, since there are guaranteed to be cancellations.

You will find that you can get your desired tee time for most courses as they are all down on numbers of members.

Rgds.

Oh I see I would be playing as a single no one I play with socially is a member in sydney. I'll head out to Cumberland on Sunday and check it out. Thanks for your help leftfoot

#15 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hey Saf, At Livo if you can't make it to the clubhouse on Fridays you can book in online from 1900 Friday night for the Sat a week later. If you're at the club you can book in via a ballot from 1800, so only an hour difference. I play as a single and rarely hit off after 0700 on Sat/Sat. I book in online just after 1900 and I usually end up in 2nd, 3rd or 4th group off - usually before 0630...best of luck either way mate. Good courses to choose from on this side of town, for sure...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users