5 replies to this topic

#1 Devongolfer

Devongolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hi, ISG panel, They had some nice slo mo video of Steve Stricker on the Hawaii coverage. Stricker's swing does not look particularly athletic or elegant or powerful to me, but it works very well. Since I am not athletic, elegant or powerful myself, you will understand why I was paying attention! I believe I saw some interesting things in his swing so I wondered what you thought about it. Many thanks

#2 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6618 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

link?

#3 golfsavvy

golfsavvy

Golfsavvy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Stricker's swing is very repeatable, and one I think the industry may be starting to embrace. No extra moving parts, nothing done to excess. What it does is to reduce some variances in ball flight. Reduced use of the wrists, making them work more with the core rotation. The downside is that it is less powerful. But, what do you want, to hit it straighter or farther? Sometimes I recommend a restricted version of his swing, then slowly loosening up until you get the flight you want. I see elements of his swing in different players, perhaps even more in some European players.

#4 Kerbox

Kerbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Youtube is such a great thing Wedge Analysis

#5 Devongolfer

Devongolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Here is another

#6 djcraig

djcraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

His swing is very close to being a single plane swing. Note the almost straight line between the club head and his arms at address... Almost exactly the same at impact. Check out moe Norman from D.t.l. You will see the similarities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users