Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2013
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson and 18 holes- Brisbane 31 Jan 2014
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson- Brisbane 31 Dec 2013
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 2 @$20 inc post 30 Dec 2013
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
New Membership in sydney
Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 PM
Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:28 AM
Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 PM
Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:56 PM
Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:07 AM
How much are they these days? Would still have to be mid $20k to join?
Terrey Hills has no waiting list and plenty of memberships for sale. Now is a great time to buy one and the course is well over 6000m of the blues and about 6600m off the blacks
Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:42 PM
Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:43 PM
Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:45 PM
Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:26 PM
Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:03 PM
Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:05 AM
So are there annual fees on top? Thats a staggering share price. The National at Mornington would be a far superior facility and shares can be had for $10k or less with annual subs around $3.5k
Membership is a lot Kaitan but it can be sold in the future, potentially at a profit.
It used to be around $50k but now can be picked up for around $30k.
The course is always in great condition and the greens were replaced a couple of years ago and are now as good as anywhere. Great practice facilities inc 300m grass driving range, two putting greens and a chipping/bunker practice green.
Other benefit is that you don’t have to go through the dramas of getting a sponsor and a series of referees, which can be a bit of a problem at places like Avondale, Killara and Pymble.
Also has a relative scarcity of (in my opinion) the two groups that can annoy you on a golf course: crusty old buggers and females.
Socially pretty good, with no real cliques. Relatively empty most of the time with about 200 of 700 members playing the majority of the rounds.
Avondale always busy, Killara very old membership, Pymble a bit stuffy. All of them have lots of playing female members.
Avondale gets very wet in winter and often closes for a few weeks.
Personally, I think Avondale is the best course of those three and equal with Terrey Hills in terms of difficulty although for different reasons.
Bottom line is none of them are perfect, which goes for the courses on the south side of the harbour as well.
If you’ve got a connection at Pymble then it might be worth just going for it but it is probably the weakest of the four courses I’ve mentioned and may not overall be the best playing experience
Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:47 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users