#1 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Well first off it's disappointing to see that a legitimate thread that I started and had some good feedback on gets hijacked by personal slanting matches and then gets locked by the admin? I am all for free speech and I'm also supportive of moderating the posting of people when they just wan to cause trouble. Mods if yo had of controlled the situation in the first place it would never have gotten to the state t did, maybe the originator of the thread should be able to control the direction of it? I for one like what Zen has to say, I have not seen it nor used it but I am interested as I am with most on this forum. For those people that don't agree with someone or something by all means express your view then leave it, if you still disagree then move to another thread. Anyway back to my swing issues, I finally learnt and can trust a swing rather than a hit, i had a great range session yesterday concentrating on swing with my feet together, this helped my body sequencing and really slowed my tempo. Anyway after struggling for the first few holes with 2 doubles I settled down and started to trust it and had a nice patch of golf before another double on 12. Finessed with 82 including the 3 doubles but felt I started to really swing the club head. Another round today to see if I can get a low number.... Thanks guys

#2 anton1

anton1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Well first off it’s disappointing to see that a legitimate thread that I started and had some good feedback on gets hijacked by personal slanting matches and then gets locked by the admin?

I am all for free speech and I’m also supportive of moderating the posting of people when they just wan to cause trouble.

Mods if yo had of controlled the situation in the first place it would never have gotten to the state t did, maybe the originator of the thread should be able to control the direction of it?

I for one like what Zen has to say, I have not seen it nor used it but I am interested as I am with most on this forum. For those people that don’t agree with someone or something by all means express your view then leave it, if you still disagree then move to another thread.

Anyway back to my swing issues, I finally learnt and can trust a swing rather than a hit, i had a great range session yesterday concentrating on swing with my feet together, this helped my body sequencing and really slowed my tempo.

Anyway after struggling for the first few holes with 2 doubles I settled down and started to trust it and had a nice patch of golf before another double on 12. Finessed with 82 including the 3 doubles but felt I started to really swing the club head.

Another round today to see if I can get a low number…. Thanks guys

Current HCP: 6
Best round: 71
Hole in ones: 4
Titliest woods
Henry Griffits irons
GEL putter

Tango No comment from me. I'm a low life and a coward according to Zen. But then again he dosn't resort to personal attacks,unless you disagree with him,or differ from his data. Zen Please tell us again how you fixed Norman and Sampras,allowing them to make it to the top. I can't understand how you did it at 6yrs of age:)

#3 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Well first off it’s disappointing to see that a legitimate thread that I started and had some good feedback on gets hijacked by personal slanting matches and then gets locked by the admin?

I am all for free speech and I’m also supportive of moderating the posting of people when they just wan to cause trouble.

Mods if yo had of controlled the situation in the first place it would never have gotten to the state t did, maybe the originator of the thread should be able to control the direction of it?

I for one like what Zen has to say, I have not seen it nor used it but I am interested as I am with most on this forum. For those people that don’t agree with someone or something by all means express your view then leave it, if you still disagree then move to another thread.

Anyway back to my swing issues, I finally learnt and can trust a swing rather than a hit, i had a great range session yesterday concentrating on swing with my feet together, this helped my body sequencing and really slowed my tempo.

Anyway after struggling for the first few holes with 2 doubles I settled down and started to trust it and had a nice patch of golf before another double on 12. Finessed with 82 including the 3 doubles but felt I started to really swing the club head.

Another round today to see if I can get a low number…. Thanks guys

Titliest woods
Henry Griffits irons
GEL putter

Tango
No comment from me.

I’m a low life and a coward according to Zen.

But then again he dosn’t resort to personal attacks,unless you disagree with him,or differ from his data.
Zen
Please tell us again how you fixed Norman and Sampras,allowing them to make it to the top.
I can’t understand how you did it at 6yrs of age:)

Before trying to be slanderous Anton you better get your facts right first. Pete Sampras isn't much older than I. Admin about time you did something please.

#4 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20246 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

I for one like what Zen has to say, I have not seen it nor used it but I am interested
Tango why dont you just send zen an email, then you can take your chat off air kiwi

#5 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13244 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Anton, Zen's never going to agree with you. Just give it a rest.

#6 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Kiwi thanks but I dont want to send personal emails I like to post on here and like most of the serious replys that we get.... Anton I never had N issue with you until now as you just hijacked this thread again, you say you have no comment only another attack on Zen.... Quite frankly I don't care who started it or who is write but I don't like the way you post and you are becoming annoying, why don't you just tone the scarcasm and the personal slanting down and people will listen to what you say... In the end we like to hear everyones opinion but not all the bullshit that is going on.... Why are the mods hiding under the mattress?

#7 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13244 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

Razaar, I love your explanations - easy to understand your message. But how do I know if I'm doing it right? How do I know if the feeling I have is the right feeling?

#8 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Well I'm pleased to advise that I am officially a swinger and if only I hadn't have putted like a basket case I would have shot a good score... 21 putts on the front nine and turned in 40 including 3 x 3 putts and a 4 putt.... In fact I had 12 putts after 4 holes? Back nine was the same story came in in 41 with 19 putts.... 81 with 40 putts?... Ball striking was solid with 92% of fairways and 60% of GIR...... All this after spending 2 hrs on the putting and chipping green before the round.... Go figure? Anyway pleased with the ball striking and pleased to be a swinger.

#9 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Razaar explain by what you mean of turning under?

#10 ThanksForAllTheFish

ThanksForAllTheFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Wasn't there a rule here that only the official teaching panelists were allowed to post teaching advice in the "ask a pro" forums? Back on topic, as I recall, TGM theory says that it is not possible to swing and hit at the same time. Is that still the theory (or was it ever the theory)?

#11 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Wasn’t there a rule here that only the official teaching panelists were allowed to post teaching advice in the “ask a pro” forums?

Back on topic, as I recall, TGM theory says that it is not possible to swing and hit at the same time. Is that still the theory (or was it ever the theory)?

The artist formerly known as Hermit from Hermit Park.
Slightly wounded and living in Forest Gardens near Cairns.

Wasn’t there a rule here that only the official teaching panelists were allowed to post teaching advice in the “ask a pro” forums? That was the idea behind separating the 'ask the pro' section and the 'playing the game section'.

#12 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1991 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Thanks Razaar

#13 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13244 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Most spectators miss the left hand turning under at the start of the takeaway, which incidentally is how we want the left wrist to return through impact.
Rotating in what way? Rotating the forearm anti-clockwise so that the back of the left hand faces down? Or cocking the wrist so that the left hand is under, right hand on top? That could be difficult with the right elbow down. I know about the right elbow down, by the way. I'm more interested in the 'hard right side' and hitting into a 'hard left side'.

#14 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Wasn’t there a rule here that only the official teaching panelists were allowed to post teaching advice in the “ask a pro” forums?

Back on topic, as I recall, TGM theory says that it is not possible to swing and hit at the same time. Is that still the theory (or was it ever the theory)?

The artist formerly known as Hermit from Hermit Park.
Slightly wounded and living in Forest Gardens near Cairns.

That was the idea behind separating the ‘ask the pro’ section and the ‘playing the game section’.

That was the idea behind separating the 'ask the pro' section and the 'playing the game' section. This section is reserved for helpful dialog between a professional coach and someone that has a question. Rules

#15 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Summer is near- happy days!

• Administrators
  • 7173 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Kiwi thanks but I dont want to send personal emails I like to post on here and like most of the serious replys that we get….

Anton I never had N issue with you until now as you just hijacked this thread again, you say you have no comment only another attack on Zen…. Quite frankly I don’t care who started it or who is write but I don’t like the way you post and you are becoming annoying, why don’t you just tone the scarcasm and the personal slanting down and people will listen to what you say…

In the end we like to hear everyones opinion but not all the bullshit that is going on…. Why are the mods hiding under the mattress?

Titliest woods
Henry Griffits irons
GEL putter

This issue rectified earlier today. Continue with normal programming please. Previous thread also unlocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users