Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

two balls in hole

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 xmaggiex

xmaggiex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

One ball is putted into hole, second player putts his in also before first ball is removed therefore two balls are in the hole and neither is above lip. Is there a penalty to second player for putting out before first ball is removed? Cheers, i couldnt find this in the rules and then conflicting advice re google so hoped you could clear it up.

#2 Libba

Libba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

I would think that if you can't find it in the rules, it's a fair indication that no rules have been contravened. By definition, both balls have been holed. If Player A steps up on a par 3 and hits a hole in one, and then Player B does the same, I can't imagine Player B being hit with a two stroke penalty can you?

#3 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10765 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

No problem. No penalty. The holes are deep enough for a heap of balls all to be below the surface.

#4 Shimonko

Shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4858 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

19-5a is the Rule, only penalising if the hit ball is in play, which a holed ball is not. Decision 19-5/1 is a similar situation.

#5 xmaggiex

xmaggiex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Thanks guys. Libba i can miss a rule easy as so im just making sure. Cheers

#6 Libba

Libba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Sorry Maggie, I hope you don't think I was being condescending. That certainly wasn't my intent, although upon re-reading my post I can see that it might have come across that way.

#7 TOLMIJ

TOLMIJ

Golf is great IMO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12093 posts
  • LocationSorry. IMHO

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

Pat on the back for speeding up play.

#8 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Not a Rules matter but connected to this ....has anyone seen or heard of a case where the second ball bounces off the first ball and comes to rest on the green?

#9 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10501 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Seen plenty of balls come back out of holes but never one that bounced off a ball already in cup. Saw one bounce of a badly set cup back at the player & hit him. That was a little " Rude"

#10 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Ball hitting the player is really tough! Rubbing salt into the wound, eh? Hole liners not fitted deep enough in the hole is too common. Off the top I can't recall anything but a recommendation on this somewhere. Saw and got a bad result from a shocker at Muriwai North Island NZ some years ago. The liner seemed like a cut down jam tin. It was set about 10 mm below the surface. The course was good but condition at the time poor.

#11 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10501 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Bit difficult to justify badly set cups if a Cup setter is used though. Then it comes down purely to laziness. Had one on the practice green on the weekend where the old hole plug was 5 mm lower than surrounding surface. That tells me that the hole it came out of was not cut deep enough. But then I have seen balls strike the flagstick halfway up & fall in the hole. What goes around comes around I guess!

#12 trysil

trysil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Ball hitting the player is really tough! Rubbing salt into the wound, eh?
Hole liners not fitted deep enough in the hole is too common. Off the top I can’t recall anything but a recommendation on this somewhere.
Saw and got a bad result from a shocker at Muriwai North Island NZ some years ago. The liner seemed like a cut down jam tin. It was set about 10 mm below the surface.
The course was good but condition at the time poor.

Love playing the game and interested in the Rules

Languid, The definition of "hole" gives the required depth for a hole liner. 1 inch (25.4mm) unless soil nature precludes this. Trysil

#13 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for that, Trysil. I was wondering about hole liners. Were they used back in the very early days?

#14 xmaggiex

xmaggiex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Similar question....a player is not in comp and/or has had an out but their ball is on the green and another comp players ball hits it. Is there a penalty for comp player whose ball struck the other or is the other ball considered "dead" in terms of the competition scoring and penalties incurred?

#15 simonsez

simonsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2980 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

Can of worms comes into play if there isn't a penalty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users