- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
two balls in hole
Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:39 AM
Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:12 AM
Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:55 AM
Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:58 AM
Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:55 PM
Languid, The definition of "hole" gives the required depth for a hole liner. 1 inch (25.4mm) unless soil nature precludes this. Trysil
Ball hitting the player is really tough! Rubbing salt into the wound, eh?
Hole liners not fitted deep enough in the hole is too common. Off the top I canât recall anything but a recommendation on this somewhere.
Saw and got a bad result from a shocker at Muriwai North Island NZ some years ago. The liner seemed like a cut down jam tin. It was set about 10 mm below the surface.
The course was good but condition at the time poor.
Love playing the game and interested in the Rules
Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:08 PM
Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:07 AM
What a fascinating question x...x. Letâs take the non-competition golfer first. Rule 19-5 states: If a playerâs ball in motion is deflected or stopped by a âball in playâŠâ But what is a âball in playâ? A âball is in play as soon as a playerâŠâ But what is a player? There is no definition of a âplayerâ. We do know that a âcompetitor is a player in a stroke play competitionâ but we do not know whether any old âplayerâ is a competitor. In fact a âfellow-competitorâ is a person. Is a person different from a player? And are either of them competitors? Are you still with me? So we have a person who is (possibly) not a competitor, whose ball is on the green and deflects or stops your ball played (letâs assume) from on the green. Are you subject to a penalty? I would not venture a âyesâ as there is nothing in the Rules which leads irrefutably to that conclusion. My advice would be to refuse to accept a penalty until someone can demonstrate to you from the Rule Book, without fear of contradiction, that you have incurred one. As to the situation where a âfellow-competitor personâ continues a hole when his handicap shots have been exhausted: Iâll pass on that until the above situation is clarified beyond reasonable doubt. Just another SNAFU!
Similar questionâŠ.a player is not in comp and/or has had an out but their ball is on the green and another comp players ball hits it.
Is there a penalty for comp player whose ball struck the other or is the other ball considered âdeadâ in terms of the competition scoring and penalties incurred?
Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:50 AM
Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:34 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users