Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Lower Flight

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

I heard here that pro golfer use higher lofted drivers than we are lead to believe,ie 10deg instead of 7+8 deg etc.I use 9.5 and my ball flight is relatively high,prolly right for 9.5 although I feel its a bit high,What is the main contributer to height.? I was asked just a couple of days ago by "bomber clarke" at Ballarat why the ball flight was high with my driver,he rightfiully thought I hit the ball on the up,yet,since thinking about it,I have always attempted to hit driver slightly on the down"slightly". Im not complaining about my driver just wanting to comprehend the "true" concept of ball flight,I can alter the height to a lower one ,but I dont feel comfortable and confident. I use 9.5 Callaway and regular flex..........happy with it as I dont swing fast.cheers

#2 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Brownie, At a guess I would say it has to do with your swing. To keep the ball down the loft has to stay down past impact. This is a function of the left hand through pronation of the forearm post contact with the ball. The more the wrists have to do following impact the better the shot will be. Norman recommended having the maximum clubhead speed 6" on the target side of the ball. There needs to be a conscious effort to assist the left hand past the ball position for a lower, trapped flight.

#3 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Thank you razaar,there is pronation of both arm and wrist that can be seperate actions,although Im not too sure what is right or wrong,but I can see what you are saying as per post impact,man,that would take some sweet timing yeah,more more,Im thirsty fot knowledge,thanks again raz

#4 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Brownie For a righty the left hand controls the clubface. A proper grip has the right hand connected to the left so it will follow its lead. The right should never over power the left until after impact. The function of the right arm is to keep the elbow down and close to the body and to the left elbow. Any effort to increase clubhead speed and or control the clubface through the right hand/wrist/ forearm during the downswing will have the opposite effect.

#5 Menon

Menon

Tearing up country tracks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4897 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Brownie
For a righty the left hand controls the clubface. A proper grip has the right hand connected to the left so it will follow its lead. The right should never over power the left until after impact. The function of the right arm is to keep the elbow down and close to the body and to the left elbow. Any effort to increase clubhead speed and or control the clubface through the right hand/wrist/ forearm during the downswing will have the opposite effect.

The man who hits at the ball rather than through it has no sense of rhythm.
Secrets of the Master – The Best of Bobby Jones

this has just been pointed out to me after 30 years at a recent lesson. so so true.

#6 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2440 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Brownman, There is so many variables to consider, ball flight can be altered simple by altering tee height, tee anything below the crown will produce lower flight and higher spin. Tee the ball up half a ball above the crown you get a higher launch and less spin. Hitting down is correct most tour players all their speed head along the target at the ball, they also have about 20 mph heading downward and about 10 to 20 mph heading inside to out. The other factors to consider is angular speed the average golfers don't have the angular speed or ball compression to maintain the ball speed to sustain trajectory of the golf ball, to keep the ball in the air with a 9.5, club head speed is another factor which can contribute although not as much as angular speed does though. The other factor is the better your impact alignments the lower the trajectory although depending on factors though. Rule of thumb it should be lower. Most tour players these days use around 11 degrees because they have good impact alignments they hit the driver at true loft. They want it to launch initially higher although still reaches same peak trajectory as a 9.5. With 9.5 their initial launch is too low and they lose optimal distance incomparison to a 11 degree. Keep on hitting down Brownman your are on the right track, If you tee the ball, half a ball above the crown as the club moved downward you will hit you ball above the centre of the COG or centre of the club face which make the ball lauch higher. There is other factors mate which contribute to ball flight Angle of attack etc path and face unless well know what your number ar on trackman or on our system we are taking a stab in the dark to many variables to consider.

#7 xmaggiex

xmaggiex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Brownie
For a righty the left hand controls the clubface. A proper grip has the right hand connected to the left so it will follow its lead. The right should never over power the left until after impact. The function of the right arm is to keep the elbow down and close to the body and to the left elbow. Any effort to increase clubhead speed and or control the clubface through the right hand/wrist/ forearm during the downswing will have the opposite effect.

Just read it in TGM book!

#8 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Maggie,razaar doesnt believe in the HK story,thats OK,thats his perogative...........remember one thing...his (HK) book is simply a scientific or geometric dissection and explanation of THE golf swing,Homer never ever said it was his swing

#9 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

It would have to be there. These are essentials of the golf swing. Brownie must have missed it or didn't understand it. :)

#10 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Its there..................Im always interested in other veiws raz,some have simplified explanations,dynamics pretty much same imo. me am always looking looking looking

#11 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Homer must have got it from Abe's books, circa 1930.

#12 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Homer must have got it from Abe’s books, circa 1930.

LOL

#13 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4176 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

brownman, Left hand monitoring clubface and right hand power, is interchangable. Try two swings. Right arm and elbow can be infront of the right hip for swingers or behind for hitters. The difference between good players and poor players is the hand location at impact. Good players have more lead - projecting the ball lower. I would rather see the ball flying low with a 3 wd from the tee than a 9* driver going high. A great drill is hitting 6 irons under a branch 3 mtrs off the ground at 50 mtrs. That is a professional skill that anyone can learn quickly. Quickly means three months, a few balls a week. You have it when the ball makes a cracking gunshot sound.

#14 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Dart,thanks for that,I can do all that stuff but it manipulated with the driver,you and raz are both right its obviously in the hands at impact,My prob may well be with my pivot,I get lazy most times for one reason or another. If I move half right all is good height wise,just prolly got to get unlazy,I happy enough with length and direction,just the height issue in windy days. Thanks to both you and raz...............left arm always pulls and right arm always push

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users