- Wakehurst Golf voucher: 2 players w/cart @ $65 (includes a drink) 31 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 Sep 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Black Bull Golf Club 31 Aug 2014
- Winter Weekend Special at Golfers Resort and Glenn McCully Golf Schools Yarrawonga 31 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Oct 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Oct 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($49 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($55 w/cart) 30 Aug 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($19 walking) 30 Aug 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 Aug 2014
- Mandurah Country Club (WA) (2 @$69 inc cart!) 31 Oct 2014
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Ashgrove Golf Club Sunday special - 2 players 18 holes incl cart only $35pp!
- The Links - Shell Cove - $25 (Save 57%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Cypress Lakes Resort - $49 (Save 34%) (WAS $75.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart I seek Special Rate. Dress Code applies. Not applicable with any other promotion
- Cheltenham Golf Club - $15 (Save 0%) (WAS $15.0) 18 Holes Walking $15 for as many holes as you can play! Collared shirt required. Carts available from the club. Please call the Pro Shop on 9583 2567.
- Vincentia Golf Club - $28 (Save 53%) (WAS $60.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart This rate is for 2 sharing a cart includes 18 Holes for 2 and Cart
- Coolangatta Tweed Heads Golf Club (River) - $25 (Save 50%) (WAS $50.0) 18 Holes Walking Note: We operate on Daylight Savings Time (DST). All bookings made are in DST times (NSW)
- Cypress Lakes - $49 incl cart Special iseekgolf price at $49pp 18hole incl cart every Mon, Tues, Thu!!
Key physical capabilities
Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:20 AM
Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:38 AM
Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:56 AM
Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:25 AM
Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:05 PM
Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:00 AM
Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:33 AM
Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:04 AM
Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:25 PM
Top post right here, Devon, although I feel that it went over your head. Another slant on Zen's words is an efficient golf swing creates maximum torque during the backswing through resistance and releases this torque against resistance. Creating torque isn't a comfortable feeling, it may be for those who learnt how to do it as youngsters, but for those only just discovering its secrets, creating torque in the backswing is not a pleasant feeling. An example of creating torque in the arms during the backswing, is best best felt by strapping your upper right arm to your side and practicing a backswing. The belt around the waist and above the elbow provides the resistance against which the left forearm, shoulders and back muscles work to complete a backswing. Resistance in the feet and legs work towards the target assisting the upper body to coil. This exercise done regularly with and without a ball will give a golfer the feeling he may never discover through reading.
In the research we have done you can have an unfit person who swings the golf club better than a fit athletic person.
How is this possible?
It boils down to coordination the unfit person may appear unfit although has the athleticism to coordinate effective rotational movement like golf. Baseball another great example. Under load or in motion they produce good range of motion etc.
If you are trying to determine physical limitations you test people under load or during the activity. The reason you do this is You need to access is there physical limitations that effecting movement during motion and specific to the activity which is the golf swing.
We have had many tour players who fail the TPI screening as an example although when you measure their golf swing they have good dynamics of movement, there is no physical limitations dynamically which were effecting their movement. Doing static exercise to screen someone isnâ€™t specific to the activity, sure they may fail these exercise. For those exercises they have physical limitation although this doesnâ€™t mean these physical limitations that are going to effect their rotation movement to swing a golf club.
When you do static you are not putting the muscles under load, statically they maybe limited although under load they have full elasticity.
The numerous player we tested after these static test, when swinging a golf club they have good range of motion and what is most important is they have a really good muscular load. The ability to be able to stretch and shorten muscles is the most important factor. These guys have no physical limitations dynamically under load which are effecting their ability to produce rotational movement to swing a golf club.
If you test a golfer and he has poor rate of stretch and shorten of the muscles between lower body and upper body or upper body and arms, he has a physical limitations which is going to effect his dynamic movement. This needs to be addressed.
Internal rotation of the hips again statically you can have poor range of motion which indicates physical limitations although under load during the golf swing they have beautiful range of motion. Same applies for internal and external rotation of the shoulders.
In summary accessing physical limitations need to accessed under load to see if there is physical limitations specific to the motion.
Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:36 PM
Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:51 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users