Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

My Year in Review...6 to 8 to 3 to ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Its almost 12 months since I swung a club at Barnbougle as part of a work based trip to Tassie. That memorable day was the catalyst to get me back into the game after a 2 year absence. It was a great day (one of my golfing highlights) and as a result I decided to join the local club here in Darwin in January after moving here 2.5 years previously. Glad I did.....initially started with my old h/c of 6 and quickly ballooned to 8 in the muggy conditions. A couple of equipment tweaks and a new driver and my game started to improve by the week. Slowly reigned in to h/c of 6. Played my 1st full Foursomes Champs and regular Club Champs and really got the bug. H/c kept improving with more golf and now have plateaued at 3 and just holding on. A new job hasn't helped giving me less game time, but am happy with my game atm. Personal improvements include better mental application, driving from the tee and have steadied my putter (which was woeful early on). My 2013 goals - Continue to be passionate about my new chosen sport, shoot a par round, stay at 3 for the Wet Season. Hopefully consolidate when the dry season hits and get to 2 by my 50th birthday (April 2013) - bring on 2013

#2 Menon

Menon

Tearing up country tracks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4897 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

So you're an old barstard !!!!! Good luck on your journey, I'm quite surprised with you not having a par round. Do you mean recently or ever ? Dea........eeer I mean codboy

#3 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

Yes mate - an old bastard....and just got you covered I'd say! Nup, never had a par round - but have got close this year - maybe next year?? Havent played that much golf until this year (Cricket & Hockey always got in the way), but now my sport of choice :-) Have a great Xmas Deano and keep the mirth coming!

#4 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4897 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Yep only just got ya, gee that's amazing and a credit to you to get to 3 like that. Have a great Xmas mate

#5 Yarn

Yarn

D-Day

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6779 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Far North NSW

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Pretty consistent golf, Jiminy.

#6 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Yeah Yarn...I'm not a long hitter but try to keep ball in play, hit greens etc etc....Very envious of the guys that can pump it 250m+...Goals for next year is to be better with the blade - am looking forward to the challenge

#7 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4897 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

You need to play with yarnie, he is a loooong dog off the tee and can skip a mean ball as well.

#8 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'm envious of you guys getting to play and sledge each other....How about a fourball here in D Town - say February? Don't forget your brolly!!

#9 Yarn

Yarn

D-Day

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6779 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Far North NSW

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

Been to Darwin once, in 95. I was playing a National Soccer Titles there in October. Hot, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I think it was the week before Wet season began. Fun place.

#10 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Its almost 12 months since I swung a club at Barnbougle as part of a work based trip to Tassie. That memorable day was the catalyst to get me back into the game after a 2 year absence. It was a great day (one of my golfing highlights) and as a result I decided to join the local club here in Darwin in January after moving here 2.5 years previously. Glad I did.....initially started with my old h/c of 6 and quickly ballooned to 8 in the muggy conditions. A couple of equipment tweaks and a new driver and my game started to improve by the week. Slowly reigned in to h/c of 6. Played my 1st full Foursomes Champs and regular Club Champs and really got the bug. H/c kept improving with more golf and now have plateaued at 3 and just holding on. A new job hasn't helped giving me less game time, but am happy with my game atm. Personal improvements include better mental application, driving from the tee and have steadied my putter (which was woeful early on). My 2013 goals - Continue to be passionate about my new chosen sport, shoot a par round, stay at 3 for the Wet Season. Hopefully consolidate when the dry season hits and get to 2 by my 50th birthday (April 2013) - bring on 2013

Its always an interesting exercise to revisit your goals.....I put it out there back in December what I was hoping to achieve during 2013...Well we are half way thru the year and I am pleased to say that I have been able to tick some of those goals listed above. I moved out to 4 over the Wet Season but started to play more consistent once the course dried up....Finally had my par round (after a three putt bogey on the 18th). Managed to get to 2 (but in June not April)....Now the next challenge is to hold onto 2 and shoot a sub par round......Lets see what happens!

#11 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4609 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

You can do it Jiminy. Just don't go hunting for balls in the water. Crocs are big up your way.

ghettogolflogo_zps71bf29ba.jpg

#12 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well........3 months on and not a lot has changed. Just finished Club Champs and chopped it around the first 3 rounds which was disappointing because I had been steady coming into the event. Playing to 2 & 3 has been mentally challenging as I don't see myself having a lot of "fat" left in the H/C, just around the gut!! I went from 2 to 3 and back to 2 during the Champs but now we are heading into the Build Up and Wet Season here in Darwin so it will be hang on for sheer death again...Upside is I still finished 10th in Champs and qualify for Matchplay Champs so that will be the next challenge.....Just wishin' I had the talent of Codboy :rolleyes:

Edited by jiminy, 16 September 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#13 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Channelling Codboy sure has its benefits......Just finished the Club Matchplay. Top 16 from Club Champs qualified. I received a forfeit Rd 1 and stepped straight into Rd 2 last Sunday. Up against the local Junior Champ and short game whizz. I hit them solid and took early lead and held on to win 2 and 1. Into semi up against newly crowned Club Champion. He beat me last year and I was expecting another tough match. Again got an early jump on him and played really composed golf coming in to win 2 up. Wowee...into the Final. Up against the reigning Club Matchplay Champ and just hoping to take him down the stretch. Well....played solid again and led 3 up at the turn. Birdied 10 to go 4 up and we both had soft bogies on 11th for a half. I had a solid par on 12 and he drove into the rubbish, landed short for 2 and chipped to 10 feet and missed the putt - faaaaaark - 5 up. I found middle of fairway on 13th. So did he but 20 metres further on. I stuck my PW to 5 feet and he stuck his shot to 3 feet. We halved the hole with birdies - Dormie!! I found middle of fairway as did he. I laid up (Par 5) and he took driver off the deck. He hit it well but it caught the fairway trap and rolled through to about 100 metres out. I had a 7 iron in and hit it to about 20 feet and he hit to about 21 feet :-).....He is away and rolls his putt 3 feet past. I roll my six feet past - SHEEEEESH.... I nailed my return putt to shut him out 5 and 4 in what was a huge upset. For me, just happy to stay mentally strong and positive - regardless of the results - twas nice to win tho.....Next goal - hang onto the H/C until after the Wet Season.

• Arty BTW likes this

#14 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4897 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Great win mate !!!!!!!!!

Good to see someone playing well :-)

Congratulations
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

#15 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Great win mate !!!!!!!!!

Good to see someone playing well :-)

Congratulations

Thanks Deano...can't wait until we finally catch up for a hit - just so you can see how far you will hit it past me :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users