- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Jun 2015
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Jun 2015
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 May 2015
- Golf - Club Barham 30 May 2015
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 May 2015
- Secret Harbour Golf Links (2 for $39 walking) 31 May 2015
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 May 2015
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 4 @$40 inc post 31 Dec 2015
- The Cut Golf Course - $99 (Save 0%) (WAS $99.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart Dress code applies
- Churchill Park Golf Club - $20 (Save 0%) (WAS $20.0) 18 Holes Walking
- Cypress Lakes Resort - $49 (Save 34%) (WAS $75.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart Monday - Thursday Special Includes Shared Cart with Visage Touch Screen GPS Dress Code applies NO BYO
- Coplick's Tallebudgera Golf Course - $20 (Save 25%) (WAS $27.0) 18 Holes Walking $10 extra for single player in cart. (paid at clubhouse)
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $39 (Save 40%) (WAS $65.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart Back 9 Floodlit! - Players can finish under lights from 5.30pm
- Avalon Public Golf Course - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0) 18 Holes Walking no motorised carts available. pull buggies only
- Riverside Oaks Golf Resort - $70 (Save 20%) (WAS $88.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
Burglar,big mouth or sore losers?
Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:06 AM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:55 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:04 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:09 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:21 PM
He had a frekin heart attack and took 12 months to recover, like any one your going to struggle with your golf after a good lay off, his body wouldn't be the same or moves the same. His handicap blew out to 20 as a result of it. He won 1 major trophy and 9 small trophies ntp etc It was a 2 day event there is a lot more trophies. He didn't deserve the intial treatment the club gave him, if they treated him better intially he wouldn't have made the comment. It's what so F----ked up in this country is very sore losers, people are so jealous of other people's success, they can't be happy for them instead they cut the person down for it. The guy gets his form back and has a win and get branded basically a cheat. FFS No one can be happy for him he found his form and got his golf game back and admire him for achieving that. Nope instead lets cut him down in flames instead. What a bunch of low lives. How they treated him was appauling.Good on him speaking up, they deserved it.
from the outside looking in it would seem this bloke is a burglar…..i would say good on the Darwin club for having the balls to do something about it. It appears this bloke has been able to manipulate his hcp and reap the benefits. 8 out of 10 trophies!!!!!........ I doubt if I’ve won that many in my life. He clearly has no conscience…..and probably less mates..
Consultancy….if you’re not part of the solution, there’s big bucks to be made prolonging the problem.
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:30 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:51 PM
Simonsez Any reason why this guys remarks were not cut and pasted together with the rest of the article. Wouldn't be trying to influence your audience would you ? :) . "I didn't go in with guns drawn but I had to say something," he said. He said the dispute began when his registration cards were "lost" during a couple of games before last year's NT Open. "They duped me out of winning," he said. "So when I won during the Open I told them it wasn't a bad club but they needed to look after visitors, not just the locals." The former Telstra employee has been staying in Humpty Doo on and off while travelling around the country since February 2008. He said he didn't know he had been blacklisted until he returned to play last month. "I got a phone call saying they didn't want me there - it's like a kangaroo court," he said. "I've had nothing in writing," he said. Mr Sampson said Mr Horn was not welcome back.
I thought that this item from the NT News was worth a look.
Sounds to me as if he’s yet another bloke with a “driver” personality;so not really his fault.
Cut & paste from NT News
A GREY nomad said he was banned for life from a Darwin golf club after winning too many trophies in the last golf championships.
But Darwin Golf Club said Darrell Horn, 64, was just a sore winner.
“He can go play somewhere else,” president Bruce Sampson said.
“It’s bad form to visit a club, win everything and then bag them out.”
Mr Horn, of Brisbane, won the 2007 Queensland Vet Open Championship and made it into the top five of the BMW finals in 2004 and Volvo finals in 2005.
He said his handicap had increased from nine to 20 after he suffered from a heart attack and then had to undergo a double bypass surgery in late 2009.
But that didn’t stop him from winning eight out of 10 trophies at the NT Opens.
Mr Sampson said the Queenslander was barred from the Marrara green because he made “disparaging remarks about the members’ attitudes toward outsiders” in front of sponsors and the board during his winning speech.
But Mr Horn, who has been playing since 1980, said it was “constructive criticism”.
Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 PM
Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:17 AM
That is the NT News mantra - and they are proud of it :-)
jiminy, the press can’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
1ST RESERVE MODERATOR.( complimentary )
Recruited by madam, 10th December 2011 09:52.( when inebriated )
Troll inspector.( to make sure no one is better)
Gymnast, specialty double backflip.
Optional extra, speak with forked tounge
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users