- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!! For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0) 18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
- Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0) 18 Holes Walking
- Drouin Golf 18 Holes Walking
Burglar,big mouth or sore losers?
Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:06 AM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:55 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:04 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:09 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:21 PM
He had a frekin heart attack and took 12 months to recover, like any one your going to struggle with your golf after a good lay off, his body wouldn't be the same or moves the same. His handicap blew out to 20 as a result of it. He won 1 major trophy and 9 small trophies ntp etc It was a 2 day event there is a lot more trophies. He didn't deserve the intial treatment the club gave him, if they treated him better intially he wouldn't have made the comment. It's what so F----ked up in this country is very sore losers, people are so jealous of other people's success, they can't be happy for them instead they cut the person down for it. The guy gets his form back and has a win and get branded basically a cheat. FFS No one can be happy for him he found his form and got his golf game back and admire him for achieving that. Nope instead lets cut him down in flames instead. What a bunch of low lives. How they treated him was appauling.Good on him speaking up, they deserved it.
from the outside looking in it would seem this bloke is a burglarâ€¦..i would say good on the Darwin club for having the balls to do something about it. It appears this bloke has been able to manipulate his hcp and reap the benefits. 8 out of 10 trophies!!!!!........ I doubt if Iâ€™ve won that many in my life. He clearly has no conscienceâ€¦..and probably less mates..
Consultancyâ€¦.if youâ€™re not part of the solution, thereâ€™s big bucks to be made prolonging the problem.
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:30 PM
Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:51 PM
Simonsez Any reason why this guys remarks were not cut and pasted together with the rest of the article. Wouldn't be trying to influence your audience would you ? :) . "I didn't go in with guns drawn but I had to say something," he said. He said the dispute began when his registration cards were "lost" during a couple of games before last year's NT Open. "They duped me out of winning," he said. "So when I won during the Open I told them it wasn't a bad club but they needed to look after visitors, not just the locals." The former Telstra employee has been staying in Humpty Doo on and off while travelling around the country since February 2008. He said he didn't know he had been blacklisted until he returned to play last month. "I got a phone call saying they didn't want me there - it's like a kangaroo court," he said. "I've had nothing in writing," he said. Mr Sampson said Mr Horn was not welcome back.
I thought that this item from the NT News was worth a look.
Sounds to me as if heâ€™s yet another bloke with a â€śdriverâ€ť personality;so not really his fault.
Cut & paste from NT News
A GREY nomad said he was banned for life from a Darwin golf club after winning too many trophies in the last golf championships.
But Darwin Golf Club said Darrell Horn, 64, was just a sore winner.
â€śHe can go play somewhere else,â€ť president Bruce Sampson said.
â€śItâ€™s bad form to visit a club, win everything and then bag them out.â€ť
Mr Horn, of Brisbane, won the 2007 Queensland Vet Open Championship and made it into the top five of the BMW finals in 2004 and Volvo finals in 2005.
He said his handicap had increased from nine to 20 after he suffered from a heart attack and then had to undergo a double bypass surgery in late 2009.
But that didnâ€™t stop him from winning eight out of 10 trophies at the NT Opens.
Mr Sampson said the Queenslander was barred from the Marrara green because he made â€śdisparaging remarks about the membersâ€™ attitudes toward outsidersâ€ť in front of sponsors and the board during his winning speech.
But Mr Horn, who has been playing since 1980, said it was â€śconstructive criticismâ€ť.
Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 PM
Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:17 AM
That is the NT News mantra - and they are proud of it :-)
jiminy, the press canâ€™t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
1ST RESERVE MODERATOR.( complimentary )
Recruited by madam, 10th December 2011 09:52.( when inebriated )
Troll inspector.( to make sure no one is better)
Gymnast, specialty double backflip.
Optional extra, speak with forked tounge
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users