• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 golfy90

golfy90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Have a few months to decide as to what I want to do after completing my cert. 3 in Turf Management. So I seek advice, I have three options: Enrol to do cert. 4 which is an online course that I can do while I continue to work at my current course. Study a bachelor of Environmental Design and major in Course Architecture. Enrol in the Ohio program, which is an internship in America. By doing this will kick start my career without doubt but it is also the most expensive by a considerable amount. I have spent five years in the industry and have worked at two courses. I have prepared for two fairly major tournaments, one being a Queensland mixed foursomes and the other being an Australian amateurs. I seek advice as I am a little unfamiliar with architecture and and international internship. I feel the need to keep learning and I strive to be the best at whatever I take on. Any advice would be muchly appreciated. Thanks! It might also be useful to know I am only 22, so I certainly have time on my side.

#2 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6520 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wow thanks for your post I have to you should be applauded for thinking this through so much. Have you spoken to your superintendent for either of your jobs to get advice? Good lick in any choice you do make.

#3 golfy90

golfy90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Wow thanks for your post I have to you should be applauded for thinking this through so much. Have you spoken to your superintendent for either of your jobs to get advice? Good lick in any choice you do make.

Resident forum moderator
Any issues contact content @ iseekgolf.com

Thanks madam. I mean no disrespect to my superintendent but he is a little old fashioned and out of touch from the industry, he has no knowledge about the decisions I have yet to make. And everyone else I seem to ask has some sort of bias for one thing or another. I have no real "connections" in the architecture industry. So I'm little at lost for what I should do or who I should speak to.

#4 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5231 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Drop me a PM Golfy...let me know which course you are at.

#5 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19979 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Golfy/golfer there arent PM's here on this site god knows how many people hAve asked for them thousands i reckon suggest you join ozgolf (they have pm's) and chat there good luck golfy Kiwi

#6 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5231 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Oh geez, I swear to god I wasn't being a smart alac, I forgot. Drop me a line at richard@rcgd.com.au

#7 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19979 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Oh geez, I swear to god I wasn’t being a smart alac, I forgot.

Drop me a line at richard@rcgd.com.au

all good richo, you wont be the last suggest you break up your email address as you will get spammed for sure kiwi

#8 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3485 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

if you're serious about a career come down to the Big smoke(Melbourne) Golfy. It's the land of opportunity for anyone with a bit of talent mixed with the right level of ambition. Good luck young fella

#9 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1867 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Golfy, If you can afford a ticket to the US, go! At your age, it will be an unbelievable opportunity. Everything will be different there. Here, it will be the SOS.

#10 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6442 posts
  • LocationCoonabarabran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Resident forum moderator

Madam If we took up a collection for a Grammar and Spell Checker would you be prepared to use it.............

#11 TOLMIJ

TOLMIJ

Golf is great IMO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14467 posts
  • LocationSorry. IMHO

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Madam was referring to a brown nose, sometimes in golf you need one to progress.

#12 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6520 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Resident forum moderator

Madam

If we took up a collection for a Grammar and Spell Checker would you be prepared to use it…..........

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

VISION TEST TEAM PILOT #006

Peg has Bear_Vision

Peg thanks for the offer. I'm very good at my grammar unfortunately using my iPhone to type with very small fonts and for some reason when saved it's not always what I see in my screen. Probably need glasses as well so and money you want to send my way will go to a worthy clause! I'm glad to see people wanting to help fellow isgers ;)

#13 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6520 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Resident forum moderator

Thanks madam. I mean no disrespect to my superintendent but he is a little old fashioned and out of touch from the industry, he has no knowledge about the decisions I have yet to make. And everyone else I seem to ask has some sort of bias for one thing or another. I have no real “connections” in the architecture industry. So I’m little at lost for what I should do or who I should speak to.

There are so many variables to consider so find someone you can see as a mentor. If not your boss anyone else? Richard in the other post knows his stuff so a good start,

#14 golfy90

golfy90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Resident forum moderator

Thanks madam. I mean no disrespect to my superintendent but he is a little old fashioned and out of touch from the industry, he has no knowledge about the decisions I have yet to make. And everyone else I seem to ask has some sort of bias for one thing or another. I have no real “connections” in the architecture industry. So I’m little at lost for what I should do or who I should speak to.

There are so many variables to consider so find someone you can see as a mentor. If not your boss anyone else? Richard in the other post knows his stuff so a good start,

Resident forum moderator

Richard, as in.. Golfer69?

#15 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6520 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Yes. Understands architecture so can help there. What part of country you in I may have some contacts to direct you to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users