214 replies to this topic

#1 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Another sad event! Obama will do something surely. Change the 5th amendment!! Have a buy scheme Only farmers are allowed guns. A mental health assessment on all gun owners.... They have to surely do something radical thinking At what point do they think...Geez we've got this horribly wrong.

#2 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6992 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

+1. A very sad day indeed especially hit home having young kids of my own.

#3 Didntquitecatchit

Didntquitecatchit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2564 posts
  • LocationMelbourne City

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yup too late now. Looking at the history of America what ever is the wrong way of going about things they have thought its a good idea. I kinda think the states are to far gone in many respects. I feel sorry for the switched on Americans the type that don't buy into the tripe that Bush and the likes vomit up.

#4 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12746 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

There are just far too many firearms in US for any action now to have any noticeable effect for 50 years. If they banned firearms, all the good guys would hand them in but the crims and gangs would still have heaps. 50 years of confiscations might reduce the volume of guns to a manageable number.

#5 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Nothing will change. The gun lobby is simply too powerful and holds too much influence. No politician will commit career suicide by standing up to them, not even a president. You won't get elected on that platform, and the NRA will bring you down if you try. Gun ownership is in the DNA of America. They also are conspiracy theory central, so any attempt to restrict gun ownership in any way will be interpreted as "they're gonna take ALL our guns away so they can control us more!" I hope to be proven wrong, but it ain't gonna happen.

#6 TOLMIJ

TOLMIJ

Golf is great IMO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15981 posts
  • LocationSorry. IMHO

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

In the news tonight it compared shooting deaths in major countries. Most were less than 100 / year, some were up to 400 / year, America were into the high thousands. How many more statistics are needed before action is taken.

#7 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Cowards need guns.

#8 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

In the news tonight it compared shooting deaths in major countries. Most were less than 100 / year, some were up to 400 / year, America were into the high thousands. How many more statistics are needed before action is taken.

1ST RESERVE MODERATOR.( complimentary )
Recruited by madam, 10th December 2011 09:52.( when inebriated )

Troll inspector.( to make sure no one is better)

Gymnast, specialty double backflip.

Optional extra, speak with forked tounge

I was xmas shopping today and I was sad! I was constantly thinking families have lost their children! I cant watch the news. I hope families sue the makers off the gun and bullets. I think everyone country should boycott america as a holiday country and boycott their products...Change your laws! It wont stop every lunatic but it would limit mentally deranged people owning guns. The mental health sector in the USA is a mess!

#9 Palmeister

Palmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Everytime something like this happens people say, guns will be abolished nothing happens.Celebrities and Politicians proud members of Gunclubs themselves.Still the Wild West.

#10 TheInsider

TheInsider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

#11 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4508 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Change the 5th amendment!!

dont'ya mean the 2nd?

#12 Malvern

Malvern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3386 posts
  • LocationThe Brookie Hill

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

There are just far too many firearms in US for any action now to have any noticeable effect for 50 years.

If they banned firearms, all the good guys would hand them in but the crims and gangs would still have heaps. 50 years of confiscations might reduce the volume of guns to a manageable number.

Yes and when these type of shootings happen, it hardens the resolve of Americans to own guns and protect their families. People in Europe, Australia and Canada roll out there own version of what should be. Not saying it is right or wrong, just fails to recognise the relationship and history Americans have with guns. If you accept the premise that the US will never get rid of guns its also worth having a look at violent crime stats in States where concealed carry is allowed. Dave_1, google the Brady Bill if you actually want to find out who can buy a gun in the US, brought in by Clinton post Waco. More likely than sweeping gun reform they will change the concealed carry laws as is being proposed in Michigan. http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/connecticut_has_similar_law_to.html

#13 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3724 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

The arguments against gun control in the US are just plain looney but unfortunately widespread. I've been monitoring some US discussion forums and the same old paranoid and/or crazy arguments keep resurfacing. Eg. It's better to have citizens armed so that they can gun down the gunman. Yeah, right.

#14 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Change the 5th amendment!!

dont’ya mean the 2nd?

sorry LOL yes tear it up

#15 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

There are just far too many firearms in US for any action now to have any noticeable effect for 50 years.

If they banned firearms, all the good guys would hand them in but the crims and gangs would still have heaps. 50 years of confiscations might reduce the volume of guns to a manageable number.

Yes and when these type of shootings happen, it hardens the resolve of Americans to own guns and protect their families.

People in Europe, Australia and Canada roll out there own version of what should be. Not saying it is right or wrong, just fails to recognise the relationship and history Americans have with guns.

If you accept the premise that the US will never get rid of guns its also worth having a look at violent crime stats in States where concealed carry is allowed.

Dave_1, google the Brady Bill if you actually want to find out who can buy a gun in the US, brought in by Clinton post Waco.

More likely than sweeping gun reform they will change the concealed carry laws as is being proposed in Michigan.
http://www.mlive.com/news/i...

MWRLFC Premiers 2013

Its intersting that they have had a war on drugs for years...failed They will never get all, I'm not saying that at all, what I am saying is lets radically change the way americans think I think some kind of buy back scheem and tighter laws is needed also if anyone in your family has a menatl health issue or history then its a no go zone also restrict guns to farmers the government also needs to put serious heat on smith and western and other gun makers, no handgun laws also is found carrying a gun its 10,000 fine and 2 years in the clink the action has to be swift and multi pronged a buy back scheem is a good start....and get these guns and crush them in some big machine and televise that on TV. Culture can change - it takes time I also think Australian governmentsand governments from around the world can play major roles....our govenrment can put pressure on the US and so can many other countries America is fighting a war on foreign land, I war they will never win - NEVER. Maybe its time they looked in thier own give up. The problem is yanks think everyone problem can be solved with guns. someone from the outside needs to tell them its not working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users