Discussion for Surprise leaders at Australian PGA

#2 dougie1

dougie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Can someone please explain the need for a two tee start in round 3 bloody crazy no need for people hitting off ten.

#3 simonsez

simonsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

No doubt they are "surprise leaders" to most of us ,but it's not as if they can't play. Popovic has being caring for his seriously ill father for most of the year but he did win Q school.No ideas about the other bloke but he can certainly swing it very nicely.Having said all that,Geoff Ogilvy would be at short odds to win the event you'd have to think. He's really playing well and seems to have a great feel for the speed of the greens this year.

#4 MuntEsy05

MuntEsy05

Made in Vachina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18726 posts
  • LocationYour Computer Screen

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

No surprise to see RTL up on the first page at -7....go you good thing. Don't forget us in your victory speech :)

#5 MuntEsy05

MuntEsy05

Made in Vachina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18726 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Geezus RTL, what have you done to upset the broadcasters? I watched the last 3-4 hrs and didn't see you until you putted out on 18. Darren Clarke was playing like a busted arse but he still got his noggin on the screen more than you did.

#6 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17888 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Geezus RTL, what have you done to upset the broadcasters? I watched the last 3-4 hrs and didn’t see you until you putted out on 18. Darren Clarke was playing like a busted arse but he still got his noggin on the screen more than you did.

Inaugural ISG National Day 2012 Supreme Putting Champion.
Voted player most likely to win 2nd ISG National Day if no-one else does.
World’s Most Desperately Unlucky Golfer.

Too right, BarnEsy. I mentioned this yesterday in another thread. I saw him play the first hole and as soon as he bogeyed it........they 'wiped' his group. Funny at the 18th......the other two putt out and they put their scores up........Bowdo putts out and they cut to another group without puting his score up. I had to go to the web site to find out what he had. :-(

#7 MuntEsy05

MuntEsy05

Made in Vachina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18726 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Geezus RTL, what have you done to upset the broadcasters? I watched the last 3-4 hrs and didn’t see you until you putted out on 18. Darren Clarke was playing like a busted arse but he still got his noggin on the screen more than you did.

Inaugural ISG National Day 2012 Supreme Putting Champion.
Voted player most likely to win 2nd ISG National Day if no-one else does.
World’s Most Desperately Unlucky Golfer.

Too right, BarnEsy. I mentioned this yesterday in another thread. I saw him play the first hole and as soon as he bogeyed it….....they ‘wiped’ his group.

Funny at the 18th…...the other two putt out and they put their scores up….....Bowdo putts out and they cut to another group without puting his score up. I had to go to the web site to find out what he had. :-(

9/10/12 – Hole In One – 7th Hole Portsea GC
2012 (Official) Winner of Inaugural ISG Nat. Champs.
2011 Inaugural winner Vict. Order of Merit Putting Champion – Long Island

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

They flashed his score up with his first putt on 18, that was it.

#8 Palmeister

Palmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Two tee start depends maybe of cut numbers, went to one over late so 70 plus guys.maybe one tee with 61 or so players.Lets everyone sleep in a little some 4.30am wake ups for staff this week, so 2 tee start probably appreciated.

#9 bthesilverfox

bthesilverfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

Was that bowdo's old man on his bag ?

#10 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17888 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Good round by RTL today and move back up the ladder. Even had the TV's "Shot of the day" on his approach on 17.

#11 Palmeister

Palmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

How about the surprise winners, Grandpa Senior last week, Poppy this week.Anyone back both winners.Pamps finished like the rookie.Great tee shot at last followed by worst shot of the week.His Sunday start made the tournament though.6 birdies got Poppy`s attention.Awesome win, reminds me of young David Diaz at same venue 20 years back.Has a pure action no surprise to hear Andre Stolz helping him.

#12 MuntEsy05

MuntEsy05

Made in Vachina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18726 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Good round by RTL today and move back up the ladder. Even had the TV’s “Shot of the day” on his approach on 17.

9/10/12 – Hole In One – 7th Hole Portsea GC
2012 (Official) Winner of Inaugural ISG Nat. Champs.
2011 Inaugural winner Vict. Order of Merit Putting Champion – Long Island

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Great finish from the "big fella". Twice as much air time today :)

#13 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4508 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Well done to the kid for having the nerve to see it out. Unfortunately, pamps becomes the bridesmaid once again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users