• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#1 hinosapra

hinosapra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Has anyone done the course? Looks interesting. For those that dont know its the system behind the predictive line you see on tv when golfers are putting.

#2 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6468 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Has anyone done the course? Looks interesting.

For those that dont know its the system behind the predictive line you see on tv when golfers are putting.

The Golf Gopher. An underground resource for REAL golfers!

Hey there is a thread on this topic from earlier this year. I did a course it does change how you read greens. They are out here again in January. Where you located?

#3 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19876 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

cost = hideously expensive

#4 hinosapra

hinosapra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Am on gold coast. How expensive r we talking?

#5 Palmeister

Palmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Don`t think Crenshaws heard of it.

#6 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2470 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hinosapra, Not sure from memeory it's around $220. You spend half a day learning about green reading and they give you the aimpoint charts etc to useand keep. It's worth the investment and will help your green reading dramatically. Justin Rose had been struggling with his putter for a long time until this year he did aimpoint. Stacey Lewis her sucess on the LPGA tour has been from improvement gains with her putting and doing aimpoint. It is great value for money the knowledge you do gain from attending their clinics. I reckon it was the best $220 I had ever invested in my golf.

#7 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Havent done it but many who have think its brilliant. $220? Thats 3 30min lessons or so. If it picks me up a few strokes seems well worth it.

#8 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6468 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Jamie the UK rep will be here in Mid Jab for 2 weeks. Bris and Melb main stops but will look at other venues and teachers that they can train to do the program in the future.

#9 TheCommish

TheCommish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8243 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Smart man this Jamie, leave the UK in January where the temps are Brass Monkey stuff and comes to sunny Oz for 2 weeks and gets paid for it.

#10 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC COC ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2971 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Smart man this Jamie, leave the UK in January where the temps are Brass Monkey stuff and comes to sunny Oz for 2 weeks and gets paid for it.

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish…..

Now a two time winner of the treasured WBT.

And avoids Sydney........ Gona give him more credit for that too!!

#11 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6468 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish…..

And avoids Sydney…..... Gona give him more credit for that too!!

“He who’s tired of Weird Al, is tired of life!!”
-Homer Simpson

We are looking for other stops Sydney most likely on itinerary again this time around but also have had requests for other parts of the country that they havent been to yet. They want to share the love;)

#12 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC COC ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2971 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Oops, that 'gona' was suppose to say 'gotta'..... Haha But would be good if they came here, to see what all the fuss is about......

#13 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2470 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

And avoids Sydney…….. Gona give him more credit for that too!!

“He who’s tired of Weird Al, is tired of life!!”
-Homer Simpson

We are looking for other stops Sydney most likely on itinerary again this time around but also have had requests for other parts of the country that they havent been to yet. They want to share the love;)

Resident forum moderator
Any issues contact content @ iseekgolf.com

Madam, Let me know about Sydney there is a few people I want to attend the clinic and Melbourne as well.

#14 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6468 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I sure will Zen thanks. Hope to have some more info in a few days.

#15 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

No Soup For You, Next!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12561 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I've also done the Aimpoint clinic (same one as Zen). I found it to be very useful in terms of viewing greens and looking at slopes in a whole new way. Prior to Aimpoint, I had no real understanding of greens, and once I'd get on one, I'd just begin using my eyes and having a guess at the amount of expected break on a putt. These days after doing the Clinic, I start my green reading as I approach the green, and once on them, use my feet and my balance a lot more, in order to work out the slope ( which is something I never knew was possible prior to Aimpoint.) The actual Aimpoint Charts work, but it takes an ongoing commitment to use them, and you still have to putt the ball on line ... and at the right pace .. in order to get them to drop in the hole. In general though, Aimpoint, and what I discovered during the clinic, can take a lot of the guess work out, particularly on greens where the break isn't quite so obvious at times .... that's when using the feet as I learnt ...... really comes into its own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users