Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Haters gunna Hate

#2 neckbrace

neckbrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

i played a pro am with him back in 2009 and it was one of the most enjoyable days i have ever had. he took time out after the round to give my son a few pointers on his technique and then came in the club to have a few beers and a chat with us.... the fact that i am seeing so many negative comments on this site is appauling. he is a genuine nice guy who is copping a bad wrap for bugger all! i think its time you all have a long hard look at your own lives! kenny

#3 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5198 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Top stuff Kenny. I don't know him from a bar of soap and if I had issue with someone, I'd take it up directly with them instead of sniping behind anonymity.

#4 neckbrace

neckbrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Top stuff Kenny. I don’t know him from a bar of soap and if I had issue with someone, I’d take it up directly with them instead of sniping behind anonymity.

Ghetto train – get on it.
Bandit express.

Winner C grade OOM #3 Patterson River.

too right mate im not very big into computers, but i cant beleive how cool some people think they are when they are typing maybe im too old for this stuff!

#5 Crinkle Cut

Crinkle Cut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Haters gunna Hate

Luvvers gunna luv

#6 Stinkler

Stinkler

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Never met the guy, not read his book, read one tweet, but from my vast experience he's almost as good looking as me! I don't card what people say, it's looks that maketh the man.

#7 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3686 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I don’t card what people say ...

What is this golf game you talk of?

What colour card?

#8 Cats are Farked

Cats are Farked

Cat Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11367 posts
  • LocationKicking Cats

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

So Kenny you don't know Ewan, but have played one round with him in a pro am and your saying he is copping a bad wrap for bugger all. Wow hard to judge a person during one round of golf. I just had a look at my life...... It's pretty damn good. Cheers.

#9 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6520 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

So Kenny you don’t know Ewan, but have played one round with him in a pro am and your saying he is copping a bad wrap for bugger all.
Wow hard to judge a person during one round of golf.
I just had a look at my life…... It’s pretty damn good.
Cheers.

How many rounds have you played with EP to come to your conclusion?

#10 Cats are Farked

Cats are Farked

Cat Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11367 posts
  • LocationKicking Cats

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Numerous

#11 neckbrace

neckbrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I am basing my opinion on what i saw that day, No, i dont know him well. but he treated our group like we were royalty.... it is hard to judge someone off one round of golf, but i cant say anything bad about him! you have a massive chip on your shoulder maxx!! I have read the book and i think its great.... i have asked you the question before of who are you... you never replied, so obviously i was wrong. are you matt g?

#12 Cats are Farked

Cats are Farked

Cat Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11367 posts
  • LocationKicking Cats

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Its great that you and your son enjoyed your day. I have no chip mate. Ewan was happy to flog his book on here before he released it and was happy to answer questions until the going got tough. I'm looking forward to seeing EP in person and ill ID myself and have chat. Problem is since he released his book he has shown his face at an Australian tournament. He put himself out there with the book, tweets and actions. And no my name is not Matt.

#13 neckbrace

neckbrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

just shows how much of a coward you are to not call him up if you have a problem. why would you slander him all over the internet instead of acting like a man and phoning him to express your problems? you obviously hit off the reds

#14 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

i played a pro am with him back in 2009 and it was one of the most enjoyable days i have ever had.
he took time out after the round to give my son a few pointers on his technique and then came in the club to have a few beers and a chat with us….
the fact that i am seeing so many negative comments on this site is appauling.
he is a genuine nice guy who is copping a bad wrap for bugger all!

i think its time you all have a long hard look at your own lives!

kenny

Unfortunately like EP everyone has a right to an opinion. Five quick questions for you Kenny: 1/ Have you read EP's e-book 2/ Are you aware of the many "priors" he's had 3/ What's your opinion on his tasteless twitter comments on the weekend of the Oz Open re the Royal Nurse? 4/ How well did he play in the pro-am when he hung around to help your son out and have a few beers? 5/ If you have read his e-book do you honestly believe its a book that in his words was written to help up and comers be aware of the pitfalls of professional life on tour or is it really a quick sell out job to earn some cabbage to extend the hiatus? Would be interested to know your thoughts. And as I said we can all have our own opinions.

#15 neckbrace

neckbrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

i played a pro am with him back in 2009 and it was one of the most enjoyable days i have ever had.
he took time out after the round to give my son a few pointers on his technique and then came in the club to have a few beers and a chat with us….
the fact that i am seeing so many negative comments on this site is appauling.
he is a genuine nice guy who is copping a bad wrap for bugger all!

i think its time you all have a long hard look at your own lives!

kenny

Unfortunately like EP everyone has a right to an opinion.

Five quick questions for you Kenny:

1/ Have you read EP’s e-book
2/ Are you aware of the many “priors” he’s had
3/ What’s your opinion on his tasteless twitter comments on the weekend of the Oz Open re the Royal Nurse?
4/ How well did he play in the pro-am when he hung around to help your son out and have a few beers?
5/ If you have read his e-book do you honestly believe its a book that in his words was written to help up and comers be aware of the pitfalls of professional life on tour or is it really a quick sell out job to earn some cabbage to extend the hiatus?

Would be interested to know your thoughts. And as I said we can all have our own opinions.

1. Yes i have read it( had to get my daughter to download it for me! haha) 2. does it really matter what someone has done in the past if they are nice to you in the future? if you think that way, you are niave 3. twitter?? im an old man! 4. to be honest he didnt play very well! haha he lost a few balls! cant remember what he shot though 5. i am not 100% sure why the book is written, but i beleive if it was given to youngsters it would make them have a bit of a reality check.... all kids think they are going to be sports super stars and life is easy... would make them realise it isnt but then on the other hand, i beleive that kids need to dream to create enthusiam! so that is a bit of a tough one! This guy has had a seriously entertaining life. he has travelled way more than i have ( batesmans bay fishing/golfing trip is about my furthest trip) maybe i am being biased because i had a great day on the golf course with him and i am living a life i wish i had, by reading his book?? either way, as all you guys say " everyone has an opinion" and this is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users