78 replies to this topic

#1 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3497 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

How disgraceful are Ewan Porter's twitter comments re: suicide of the nurse in London. I call for him to donate all money made from his self indulgent book to Lifeline.

#2 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

What did he say ? Don't do Twitter.

#3 Fingerbang

Fingerbang

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Not really surprising is it?

#4 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

bit hard to comment when we dont know what he said?

#5 simonsez

simonsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Not too hard to find but it's not really worth looking at.Had to laugh at the fact the he feels "paper back" should be 2 words and that "gut wrenching" is a compliment.

#6 Stinkler

Stinkler

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

How disgraceful are Ewan Porter’s twitter comments re: suicide of the nurse in London. I call for him to donate all money made from his self indulgent book to Lifeline.

Not very disgraceful at all from what I saw? Haven't and wont read the book so can't comment.

#7 Big Bunny Jnr

Big Bunny Jnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

You need to understand that Ewan is doing everything possible to flog his e-book, so any publicity, even by saying something as stupid as he did on twitter, will be helpful is selling his story. He is easily ignored if you don't like what he says.

#8 KeyboardWarrior

KeyboardWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Stinkler, if you'd lost a close friend or loved one to suicide, you might have a different view. Ewan Porter is a grub, and I hope he returns to professional golf, I'll be cheering against him at every opportunity.

#9 Tolmij

Tolmij

Happy Chappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationSouth of Boganville

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Stinkler, if you’d lost a close friend or loved one to suicide, you might have a different view. Ewan Porter is a grub, and I hope he returns to professional golf, I’ll be cheering against him at every opportunity.

Not read his book but his tweets are not called for. tweeting is for twits.

#10 Auntie Fester

Auntie Fester

Sit on my knee and tell me what you want for Christmas

• Administrators
  • 7288 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

#Warning #2 It is very apparent there is a strong vendetta from a couple of our members, new and old, toward Ewan Porter. As this is a community forum we want to foster and allow open and honest discussion between members on a variety of topics. We do though also need to be careful not to cross the line into slander, defamation or personal threats. There is a fine line with this occurring and in recent times there has been some posts that have crossed this line and have had to be removed. Once they are targeted, name names of persons or companies, we cant be making broad assumptions or accusations toward them. If you feel there are "mistruths" then take it up outside of this forum As site managers we are duty bound to take action in removing, editing and/or banning as we see necessary. Also if there was to be any legal action against some of the posts, the members personal details would potentially have to be handed over. In regard to the Twitter posts, they are allowed on here as they are from a public domain and are open to public scrutiny just stay away from direct unsubstantiated accusations against specific people. Its always been easy for people to come into forums in anonymity and make comments and accusations. We tend to trust these comments from long term members as we usually know them from a personal perspective, but new comers making strong allegations without allowing us to know the source is not fair. The name people on here occasionally like Ewan Porter, Brad Hughes, and Bowditch as a few noted at least we know who they are and they right or wrong carry more validity in the general communities mind. If you would be happy to reveal who you are we all will be believing more, but if you don't then I think you should move onto another subject than the current. You have had some good interaction in some posts, but all centre back to this one specific topic.

#11 Malvern

Malvern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3464 posts
  • LocationThe Brookie Hill

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

On a positive EP front, he did tweet that he was disappointed that Peter Senior was not wearing a Festo hat when he won. I chuckled.

#12 Fingerbang

Fingerbang

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

If I revealed I was a fat, undersexed 50 year old named Barry Juan Vukovich I am not sure I would gain any credibility.

#13 Stinkler

Stinkler

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Stinkler, if you’d lost a close friend or loved one to suicide, you might have a different view. Ewan Porter is a grub, and I hope he returns to professional golf, I’ll be cheering against him at every opportunity.

Have done, and to think that this event lead solely to a suicide is ridiculous. EP is saying just that I reckon in a round about way, he obviously doesn't mind rubbing people up a bit either. If you don't like him or his tweets, simply don't read them. Raving here about them only advertises them, better to leave it alone. Also, calling someone a grub, then acting like one yourself (re cheering against him), makes no sense. I hate violence myself, but if anyone disagrees with me I'll bloody smash em!!

#14 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2530 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Have done, and to think that this event lead solely to a suicide is ridiculous. EP is saying just that I reckon in a round about way, he obviously doesn’t mind rubbing people up a bit either.

If you don’t like him or his tweets, simply don’t read them. Raving here about them only advertises them, better to leave it alone.

Also, calling someone a grub, then acting like one yourself (re cheering against him), makes no sense. I hate violence myself, but if anyone disagrees with me I’ll bloody smash em!!

What is this golf game you talk of?

I disagree with you. Not sure what about, but I disagree with you.

#15 Stinkler

Stinkler

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh oh, now I'm in deep trouble :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users