#1 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5028 posts
  • Locationwerribee

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

well we all love a good prank to get a good luagh out of it but they can really turn sour on ways I am speaking of the prank call from the australian djs on a an australian radio show who pranked the hospital in where our royal kate was in hospital. Becuase of this prank 1 person is now dead through the consequences of the 2 radio hosts. Sure the radio hosts didnt mean any harm to come from it The nurse that took the call has been found dead Why, She probably thought her career was over, humiliated her family while giving vital information about a royal family This nurse initally would have thought why would a radio station pull a stunt like that trying to take of the queen and prince charles This is not a good way to move on after fininshing your journey through life. death due to a prank . this nurse should still be here today trying to fulfil her life to the best of her ability sadly her end is here.. Rest in peace to the nurse

#2 simonsez

simonsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Humiliating someone else,just so you or your "hangers on" can have a laugh ,has never been ok with me.This was obviously a worst case scenario, which the no-hopers who pulled this stunt would never have anticipated,but you can never ,ever be sure where other people are concerned.

#3 deepdivot

deepdivot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Does anyone know what they said In the prank? I have googled a few reports but they don't go into what was actually said.

#4 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

http://www.huffingto...4&utm_hp_ref=uk

#5 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

makes me sick how this has all unfolded, some joke, perhaps as retribution some masked bandits could abscond these two from their homes in the dark of night and force them to dig their own graves at gunpoint then from nowhere , candid camera appears. some **** just aint funny, these two imbeciles should be sacked to begin with and possibly the radio station lose their license for gross misconduct

#6 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Can't really see how what they did could force someone to kill themselves?

#7 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3267 posts
  • LocationRobe South Australia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Australian Radio and media have been doing this as entertainment for years. It is is also the key to most public humour by amateurs 'taking the piss outa someone who cannot get you back' Not much different to the 'trolling' on the Internet for that matter. 90% of radio humour is formula crap repetitively done by announcers who are very good at talking to an audience not performing to a live one. Be assured nothing will be done at all by the broadcasting authority, In a few months this will be buried and forgotten by most. Remember Kyle Sandilands repeated transgressions that have had him in trouble but back on air.

#8 TheCommish

TheCommish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8783 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Can’t really see how what they did could force someone to kill themselves?

Queensland – 7 Consecutive Origin Series

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Unfortunately we do not know what the consequences of her actions were as far as work, public comment, reaction and actions of work colleagues etc... Can you imagine the embarrasment being the private nurse assigned to royalty and you are conned into giving out info. Mind you, I don't think the info given was all that earth shattering, but she may have been pilloried and become a pariah within the workplace and community. Sadly we won't know because she is no longer around to tell anyone how it affected her. It was a prank call, but if you are going to pull pranks, do it to people you know or at least who are in a position to confront those pulling the prank, That way, the affected person has a choice, laugh it off with you, or rearrange your facial features.

#9 deepdivot

deepdivot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

If that's all that happened/was said then I think it's rediculous to blame the radio hosts for her death. I can't stand all the BS that radio dj's crap on about and prank calls etc. I just wish they would shut up and play music. If this nurse took her life over that then its on the nurse 100% IMO. Why is it we always try to blame others for everything. She committed suicide end of story. U will probably find there is more to her personal story than a prank call.

#10 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4507 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

U will probably find there is more to her personal story than a prank call.
yep... need to get to the 'facts' to determine who's at fault. If it's just the prank call then i'd be surprised. Something odd going on if charles can see the funny side and not anyone else.

#11 deepdivot

deepdivot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Should we round up Hamish and Andy, fitzy and whipper, mick Malloy and half of the worlds population all people who have made a prank call to take the piss out of someone and burn them at the stake??? I for one am going to try and raise my kids to take responsibility for their actions and not pass the buck everytime something goes wrong.

#12 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3267 posts
  • LocationRobe South Australia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Should we round up Hamish and Andy, fitzy and whipper, mick Malloy and half of the worlds population all people who have made a prank call to take the piss out of someone and burn them at the stake??? I for one am going to try and raise my kids to take responsibility for their actions and not pass the buck everytime something goes wrong.

Definition of insanity…thinking that u can be a good parent and decrease ur handicap at the same time!

I agree with you 100%. As a person who does the funny for a job though it is fraught with headf@cks. So many people telling you what can or cant be done. Which i ignore lol.

#13 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Can’t really see how what they did could force someone to kill themselves?

Queensland – 7 Consecutive Origin Series

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Only the whole world found out about it, she would have felt guilty and perhaps rebuked for being so lax on security. Some are more fragile than others, just may have been too much....stupid joke, about as funny as a car crash...

#14 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4507 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Reports say she wasn't disciplined by the hospital. The media needs to take some blame for the ridiculous attention they gave the prank.

#15 deepdivot

deepdivot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

No one needs to take blame here a woman committed suicide end of story. People are far too sensitive. David hicks didn't commit suicide and I think he had a far worse run than this nurse. Not condoning his actions just saying. A thousand nurses could of answered that phone and they would all still be alive today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users