- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
loose impediments with dirt attached
Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 AM
Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:50 PM
Compacted soil such as clods of earth or aeration plugs are LI's. See D 23/12 and 23/13. Lots of dirt in those :-)
We cannot move dirt or sand except on the green. It would appear to me that at least 50% of loose impediments will probably have specks of dirt attached to them, especially after rain. I presume that moving these loose impediments with specks of dirt or sand attached is a breach of the rules, but I never see players checking their loose impediments for dirt specks.How come ?
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:43 AM
Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:29 PM
Reference? â€śExcept when both the loose impediment and the ball lie in or touch the same hazard, any loose impediment may be removed without penalty. If the ball lies anywhere other than on the putting green and the removal of a loose impediment by the player causes the ball to move, Rule 18-2a applies. â€ś If a ball were in a sandy or loose dirt area with a few pebbles near the ball the pebbles should be removed individually and not brushed aside with hand or cap (and in the process moving sand or dirt).
The right to move a specific loose impediment is paramount unless the side effect is to improve his lie.
Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:15 PM
Agree. However, I said â€śshouldâ€ť (which, for others, is golf speak for recommend). To avoid confusion, there is no penalty for removing a loose impediment and improving the lie! In fact many (?most) LI's are removed to improve the lie. What we are both saying is that if, in the act of removing a loose impediment, too much dirt is removed and that improves the lie, there is a R 13-2 infraction. I was trying to recommend a procedure for avoiding the problem.
Loose impediments can be removed by any means, but the player may not improve his lie. The player can use his cap as long as nothing is improved, the Rules donâ€™t say anywhere that loose impediments must be removed one by one.
Hit it where they mow
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users