- Wakehurst Golf voucher: 2 players w/cart @ $65 (includes a drink) 31 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 Sep 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Black Bull Golf Club 31 Aug 2014
- Winter Weekend Special at Golfers Resort and Glenn McCully Golf Schools Yarrawonga 31 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Oct 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Oct 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($49 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($55 w/cart) 30 Aug 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($19 walking) 30 Aug 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 Aug 2014
- Mandurah Country Club (WA) (2 @$69 inc cart!) 31 Oct 2014
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Ashgrove Golf Club Sunday special - 2 players 18 holes incl cart only $35pp!
- The Links - Shell Cove - $25 (Save 57%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Cypress Lakes Resort - $49 (Save 34%) (WAS $75.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart I seek Special Rate. Dress Code applies. Not applicable with any other promotion
- Cheltenham Golf Club - $15 (Save 0%) (WAS $15.0) 18 Holes Walking $15 for as many holes as you can play! Collared shirt required. Carts available from the club. Please call the Pro Shop on 9583 2567.
- Vincentia Golf Club - $28 (Save 53%) (WAS $60.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart This rate is for 2 sharing a cart includes 18 Holes for 2 and Cart
- Coolangatta Tweed Heads Golf Club (River) - $25 (Save 50%) (WAS $50.0) 18 Holes Walking Note: We operate on Daylight Savings Time (DST). All bookings made are in DST times (NSW)
- Cypress Lakes - $49 incl cart Special iseekgolf price at $49pp 18hole incl cart every Mon, Tues, Thu!!
loose impediments with dirt attached
Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 AM
Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:50 PM
Compacted soil such as clods of earth or aeration plugs are LI's. See D 23/12 and 23/13. Lots of dirt in those :-)
We cannot move dirt or sand except on the green. It would appear to me that at least 50% of loose impediments will probably have specks of dirt attached to them, especially after rain. I presume that moving these loose impediments with specks of dirt or sand attached is a breach of the rules, but I never see players checking their loose impediments for dirt specks.How come ?
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:43 AM
Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:29 PM
Reference? â€śExcept when both the loose impediment and the ball lie in or touch the same hazard, any loose impediment may be removed without penalty. If the ball lies anywhere other than on the putting green and the removal of a loose impediment by the player causes the ball to move, Rule 18-2a applies. â€ś If a ball were in a sandy or loose dirt area with a few pebbles near the ball the pebbles should be removed individually and not brushed aside with hand or cap (and in the process moving sand or dirt).
The right to move a specific loose impediment is paramount unless the side effect is to improve his lie.
Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:15 PM
Agree. However, I said â€śshouldâ€ť (which, for others, is golf speak for recommend). To avoid confusion, there is no penalty for removing a loose impediment and improving the lie! In fact many (?most) LI's are removed to improve the lie. What we are both saying is that if, in the act of removing a loose impediment, too much dirt is removed and that improves the lie, there is a R 13-2 infraction. I was trying to recommend a procedure for avoiding the problem.
Loose impediments can be removed by any means, but the player may not improve his lie. The player can use his cap as long as nothing is improved, the Rules donâ€™t say anywhere that loose impediments must be removed one by one.
Hit it where they mow
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users