114 replies to this topic

#1 Harrisonford

Harrisonford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

I wanted to set up a new topic for the up and coming Australia Open at the Lakes GC. Adam Scott is currently favourite to win this years event with Justin Rose and John Sendon close 2nd and 3rd favourites with bookies. Could Adam Scott do the double and follow in the footsteps of Robert Allenby in 2005? Look forward to all your responses!!!!

#2 bustedbunny

bustedbunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationNorth Brisbane

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Most definitely, probably the best driver of the golf ball in the world at the moment & putted nicely in the Masters. Is it on FTA Thurs & Friday so I can tune in at work?..

#3 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I was out there today walking inside the ropes following Scott and Watson. Watson still hits it damn good, awesome driver of the golf ball. My money was on Scott before today, but after seeing what he is putting with, it's had to imagine that he'll get it done this week. He is striping it though! My tip is either Greg Chalmers to go back to back or Justin Rose.

#4 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Geez Gooner, what a top day out.

#5 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13254 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Channel 7, midday on Thurs.

#6 Harrisonford

Harrisonford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

What's Adam Scott putting with?

#7 ingy

ingy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

he's not using the broomstick ^ he's putting with some sort of adjustable scotty cameron belly putter that's not anchored to his body, claw grip on the bottom hand see this thread from another site that ain't going to help his chances...

#8 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Scotty's new putter

#9 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Channel 7 is broadcasting live midday to 1700 each of the four days of the tournament. I'm volunteering as a walking scorer, so will be there all four days. Can't wait for the awesomeness.

#10 Harrisonford

Harrisonford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

FuzzyJuzzy, I'm very jealous! I drove past the golf course today and its looks mint. Im very excited about getting out there and watching it live. That's very interesting about the change of putter. I would like to ask what peoples thoughts are regarding this new rule change with the broom handle putter? I myself think its a terrible rule Now, here are the best 5 putters from 2004-11 based on strokes gained-putting. The numbers indicate strokes gained per round (minimum 250 rounds): 1. Brad Faxon .714 2. Greg Chalmers .668 3. Jesper Parnevik .630 4. Aaron Baddeley .612 5. Ben Crane .606 None of these players use one so is it really effecting the game????

#11 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4465 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hijacking your own thread, Harrison - that's different?

#12 Harrisonford

Harrisonford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Razaar, I'm expecting this thread to get busy when the tournament gets going. So until then I thought what the hell go for it! What's your thoughts on the ban? Just to be clear I don't use one and never have, I did try one once at a tournament on the practice putting green and to be honest not for me.

#13 Palmeister

Palmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

See the guns are off the tenth early before the wind.Gives them a bunch of easy par5s.Very dodgy.Clayton (designer)must be happy these guys are scared to play holes 2 & 3 straight up.

#14 Harrisonford

Harrisonford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

The opening hole is a very daunting experience too, water all down the left and bunkers and rubbish up the right. I know it's a short hole with a somewhat large target to hit from the tee, but first tee swings are still challenging, the green is also a tricky endeavour. But I have to agree with you TeamAllinbee the 2nd and 3rd are a different monster altogether!

#15 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

See the guns are off the tenth early before the wind.Gives them a bunch of easy par5s.Very dodgy.Clayton (designer)must be happy these guys are scared to play holes 2 & 3 straight up.

Team Bowditch next year

Definitely a huge advantage teeing off early from the 10th. I played there last weekend and played the back 9 first. I found the water twice, didn't hit the ball real well and finished with 20 points. Although, the front 9 took its toll as I came home with 13 points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users