• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Vinski78

Vinski78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hay Everyone I'm looking for some feedback on my golf swing. Have trouble with some consistency with my irons. I've got some lessons booked in the future but any feedback till then will help... My Swing

#2 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4201 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Vinski, Huge talent but you have the dogs disease. The common and natural fault is swinging the clubhead and face towards the target. The club and face should swing in an orbit around your spine and the face should rotate like a forehand at tennis. Because the face does not turn naturally you have to uncock your wrists much too soon to square it up. The faster you roll your hands the later you have to uncock your wrists leading to every kind of benefit. Hit some shots with your feet and hips anchored and you will get some idea. When I say some I mean thousands. Go with the Pro.

#3 Vinski78

Vinski78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hi Dart thanks for the feedback. Not quiet sure what you mean. Sorry. Do you mean I'm swinging the club to vertically on the backswing?

#4 Vinski78

Vinski78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I've just uploaded a side view of my swing that mite help with the feedback. My Swing #2

#5 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4201 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Put a head cover under each arm and swing halfway back and forth. Notice how the clubface rotates with the elbow bend and how circular the swing looks and feels. One arm is always straight and one is always bent except for a point about a meter past the ball where both are straight for a few centimeters.

#6 Vinski78

Vinski78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Cool. Thanks for the feed back Dart. I'll go out and give that a go. I've booked in some lessons next time I'm back home so hopefully I can get some real consistency happening in my swing

#7 gitup

gitup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Talk to Scott at Zenolink. Highly recommend. Money and time well spent.

#8 Vinski78

Vinski78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for that gitup. Where is he based? I'm in WA...

#9 gitup

gitup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

He is Melbourne based. :(( Not sure if Zenolink is in W.A, you can ask him on his forum page "House of Zen"..

#10 Fingerbang

Fingerbang

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Zen will tell you to talk to Jim Flick for advice.

#11 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4465 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Vinski Your swing is what I call a driving range swing. Whenever I go to the driving range, I see swings just like yours. I'm guessing its a home made swing based on the swings you have seen on the TV. Best advice is to book a series of lessons with a teaching professional and put in the work he suggests without referring here or anywhere else. A golf swing that works takes years to acquire and a life time to maintain.

#12 Vinski78

Vinski78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hay Razaar, Had my first lesson today. Went in with a open mind and ready for change. Tweaked a couple of things and the swing is much better but I've booked plenty more. But I will be keeping these swings so I can compare the changes..

#13 Fingerbang

Fingerbang

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Vinski, Did you have your first lesson today?

#14 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4465 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hay Razaar,
Had my first lesson today. Went in with a open mind and ready for change. Tweaked a couple of things and the swing is much better but I’ve booked plenty more. But I will be keeping these swings so I can compare the changes..

“If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is…” Quoted Horace G Hutchinson

That's the way to go. It's like learning to read, concentrating on learning the words, then learning what they mean and finally understanding it all in context. It can be painstaking but worth the time and effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users