• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Madam

Madam

Ginger is in the house

• Administrators
  • 5936 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Im looking for anyone that may be heading from Brisbane area through to Coffs Harbour. Have some boxes to ship but freight companies look to have jacked up rates leading into Christmas! Could be someone in a truck or that may have spare room on a little trailor. 100k in total weight 10 boxes @ 630mmx260mmx580mm Drop me a line at email below- pay cash!

#2 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4619 posts
  • Locationwerribee

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Im looking for anyone that may be heading from Brisbane area through to Coffs Harbour. Have some boxes to ship but freight companies look to have jacked up rates leading into Christmas! Could be someone in a truck or that may have spare room on a little trailor. 100k in total weight 10 boxes @ 630mmx260mmx580mm

Drop me a line at email below- pay cash!

Resident forum moderator
Any issues contact content @ iseekgolf.com

Madam forget looking in to freight like star trek etc ring some companies up that are looking for back loads sometimes truckies maybe going back empty and just to get a few extra bucks to save on fuel costs or whatever your 10 boxes might mean there trip back isnt wasted 10 boxes in a pan is hardly going to take up room on a back load i would imagine

#3 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3424 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

If i could pass on some sage advice madam, if the freight is at all valuable, i would go through the front door rather than the back , if anything at all went wrong you would have nil recourse. And working in the industry, anything is possible...keep searching online , shouldnt pay more than $250 for a pallet rate

#4 RobNewy

RobNewy

Fight the Fight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

Im with Oz. Backloads are fantastic, and have saved us some serious coin moving interstate 2 times

#5 TheCommish

TheCommish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7659 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

E-Go couriers. $336 from Brissie to Coffs. Half that price if you drop off at one of the Brisbane depots and have it picked up from the Coffs Harbour depot.

#6 Madam

Madam

Ginger is in the house

• Administrators
  • 5936 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Thanks guys rate went up 150 from dec 1. We think we found half price now from before. Cheers

#7 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3424 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

E-Go couriers. $336 from Brissie to Coffs. Half that price if you drop off at one of the Brisbane depots and have it picked up from the Coffs Harbour depot.

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish…..

Now a two time winner of the treasured WBT.

i was thinking pick up would be better too comm as no freight forward trip...1/2 price so $170 would be pretty reasonalble for a pallet on not exactly the busiest freight leg in the country

#8 Madam

Madam

Ginger is in the house

• Administrators
  • 5936 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thanks we ended at $190 all up so client happy. Thanks for help. What problem can't isg figure out!

#9 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3424 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

i dont think youd beat that madam...sounds pretty reasonable, 10 cartons or 100KG is a bit...amounts to a pallet

#10 Didntquitecatchit

Didntquitecatchit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2427 posts
  • LocationMelbourne City

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I had a backload nightmare. Paid half upfront then the load was supposed to arrive on the Monday/Tuesday so i drove the 2200 ks to get there in time to meet up. Bloke kept saying they should be there soon! This guy had so many excused it was unbelievable. I was ready to phone the jacks. Arrived Saturday afternoon damaged! One of the most stressful weeks I've had not to mention sleeping on a hard floor for 4 nights. Turns out the truck didn't even leave till the Thursday.

#11 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3424 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Yeah that can sometimes happen if they don't have a full load, the pricks will sometimes collate consignments until it warrants a trip. Fairly common in Qld actually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users