Photo

Gary Edwin Right Side Swing and back pain.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BeTheBall4

BeTheBall4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Just started with the Gary Edwin RSS method after totally losing all confidence in my swing. Only had the one lesson and some range sessions and while the swing seems ok i'm getting a bit sore in the left knee (right hander) but more than that i'm finding my back is pulling up stiff and sore. Is this me not executing properly or should i be trying something else?

#2 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Interesting post BeTheBall, my first thought would be to go back for another lesson and tell them your experience. It sounds like you are in the Try It mode and not sure if you want to commit to it yet, this is fine but I think it's important to talk to them as they have so much experience with the journey and the common hurdles along the way. Would love to hear what they say about your left knee and back pain.

#3 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yes go back and talk to them. Your new muscles will settle down in a few days. Don't strain a new action. The old muscles were pretty tough the new ones are only babies.

#4 BeTheBall4

BeTheBall4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Thanks will do. Had every intention of persisting with it but just wanted an opinion of someone who wasn't prejudiced by the fact it was their product i was learning first. Much appreciated and HP i'll repost again and let you know what my pro says. Sure he'll have a solution. Cheers Fellas.

#5 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Geez, there are a hundred ways to play good golf but you have to find yours or at least one of yours. It can change day by day. You just have to be awake to it.

#6 mutantgolfer

mutantgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Btheball; I spent $3000 in lessons with the Edwin mob and about a grand in message therapy, my back never improved and my golf game went to ****. Waste of time after my experience. Good info on this website if you search. Cheers Mutant

#7 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

I would force you to take your money back - if that were true. I don't believe you would stick that long. If you don't get better instantly there is something wrong. Not a lot better but better. If it goes south, dead set there is something wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users