OOMBET 3.0 is here….
OK gang, OOMBET has returned for the 5th 2013 OOM Day at Culewis GC on the 2nd of December. This is a friendly and light hearted way to create a bit of fun, banter and discussion around the OOM days. Many of us claim to have our ‘finger on the pulse’; OOMBET gives you the opportunity to prove it. The format is quite simple…
1) You have a certain amount in your kitty to play with. I will post an updated account list for those who were involved in OOMBET at Sunshine. For those ‘newbies’ your account balance will be $400
2) Inspect the odds which will be posted below shortly
3) Lodge your bets via the OOMBET email account (OOMBET@hotmail.com)
4) Sit back and bask in your glory of being OOMBET’s best punter… if that’s the case.
The following markets will be open for punting on:
a) Overall Winner of OOM #5
b) Overall Top 3 of OOM #5
c) Grade Winner – A, B, C & N
d) NTP Winner – A, B & C
e) Overall Long Drive (LD) Winner
f) Grade LD Winner (A, B & C)
OOMBET is also offering for the ‘multipliers’ or ‘multis’ where you can roll the odds of one bet into another to increase the return. With great reward comes great risk though, as if one ‘leg’ of the multi fails, so does the whole bet.
So in total, 13 different markets. OOMBET hasn’t played golf with half the field, so I expect there to be some ‘gold’ where odds might be a little askew. That’s up to you to find them out…
Rules / Guidelines / Disclaimers / Caveats
1) All bets are ‘virtual’ and do not represent in any way, shape or form actual legal currency
2) All bets are to lodges vial the email account (OOMBET@hotmail.com or my personal account smergen AT hotmail DOT com). All received bets will be acknowledged by return email.
3) Bets that are posted online are not valid
4) Bets will be accepted up until commencement of play on Sunday 2nd of December (7.30am)
5) There will be a maximum of 10 bets per punter. This is to prevent the ‘spreading’ of the field
6) There will be a minimum spend of $400
7) Multipliers, if used, will have a minimum of 2 legs and a maximum of 4 legs.
8) Odds won’t change during the week, even if a player (such as myself) moves between grades. I’m too lazy to sort it out.
9) OOMBET is open to ALL ISG’rs not just participants.
10) Bets for N Graders for Overall Winner and Top 3 aren’t available
11) Top 3 will be worked out on a countback. No ties.
12) BMan and Smergen reserve the right to amend and change these rules ‘on the fly’ as we tweak the comp.
13) Miminum bet of $20 for multipliers
14) Grade LD odds can’t be rolled into Overall LD odds in multipliers, nor can a grade win into the overall win. You can roll a grade win into a Top 3 however.
So let’s go gang…
OOMBET… Get On It!!