- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
This just might help you...
Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:31 AM
Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:04 AM
Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:51 AM
Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:20 PM
some of those points seem to be pre-pre shot stuff eg learn from misses..(not sure what my husband could learn from me:)) When you have a preshot routine I would've thought it was all about decisions and actions?? Condensed your view looks like 1. check target 2. decide shot 3. visualise shot 4. practice shot 5 commit and hit. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
OK, we have all talked about the pre-shot routine to death, so I roped you into reading this by changing the title of the topic.
Below is what I teach and what I feel when I am playing my best golf. Although its 6 distinct steps, I am known as a very fast player.
I would appreciate hearing what works for you, how you do it when you do it best.
Every lie and slope has a predictability factor in trajectory, direction, and release. Determining them and playing the most probable shot increases my chances for success so I try to play with the course instead of resisting it.
I then create a rush of confidence with my body language. Smile, posture, and move as if I already have confidence, my emotions naturally follow.
I start with my target and imagine the shot I know that I can play backwards. This is not a picture but a short movie of me playing the shot I feel would be the most fun.
I then make practice swings to feel the swing and set up position I need for the shot I have planned. When I feel itâ€™s right, I smile and enjoy doing it.
Learn from Misses
I know that to improve, I must continually be learning from my mistakes and monitoring my swings. I take a little time after each missed shot and make a few practice swings to learn what is needed.
Drop the Past
The past does not equal the future so even if I made a great shot, I put it behind me where it belongs. Its only forward thinking that will lead me to a great round.
Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:12 AM
If it doesnâ€™t feel right, for whatever reason, step away. May be a fly, thought, noise or whatever. The slightest indecision will usually affect the swing.
Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:28 AM
Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:59 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users