Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlets Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlets Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Stinkin Thinkin

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Images are the language of our sub conscious mind, we need to see the shot in our imagination before we play it. Unfortunately, we can also conger up negative images which lead us into the hazards and out of bounds. I propose a question, how do we create only positive images during our round of golf so that we can stay away from stinkin thinkin? Here are a few of my ideas, looking for more… Smile - It’s very difficult to conger up negative images when your smiling, even if the smile is fake, this muscular activity triggers something in the brain that releases endorphins into your bloodstream, where they travel to every cell in your body and right into your images. Gratitude - Sometimes we forget how fortunate we are to be able to play golf. Being thankful creates an environment where positive energy flows freely. Feeling thankful for everything you see and experience while walking down the fairway prepares the way for positive images. Hope – Anticipate moments of greatness. They may or may not happen but this should never prevent you from looking for them around every corner, it’s this magical feeling that fuels positive images. Generosity - Being self absorbed can easily create negativity. In life, you get what you give. Be the first to look for your partner’s ball and the first to buy the beer.

#2 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

conjure, it's conjure. and when are you starting a thread about your senior pro stuff ?

#3 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

When I conjure up some good rounds waffle. Played in 6 events in Queensland this year, had heeps of fun and it was great to feel the thrill of competition after all these years. All of my rounds had moments of greatness but all ended a little over par, if I could just eliminate those bogeys. Next year I am going to win one, I am in training...

#4 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

#5 golfsavvy

golfsavvy

Golfsavvy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

During a PGA workshop we were to locate a spot we knew to which we could safely play with a reasonable amount of confidence, and smile while walking up to the ball fully knowing we could play to that spot. That way our mindset was ahead of reality. It's important to smile after the shot too, even when failing -- sometimes the course wins.

#6 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

The greatest game ever played.
First Life Member of the Secret Squirrel Society.
SEQ Captain.

LOL - Yes, I'm dreaming waffle, buts its a nice dream. I can even picture that big check they are going to give me.

#7 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

During a PGA workshop we were to locate a spot we knew to which we could safely play with a reasonable amount of confidence, and smile while walking up to the ball fully knowing we could play to that spot. That way our mindset was ahead of reality.

It’s important to smile after the shot too, even when failing—sometimes the course wins.

Bob Duncan, PGA Life Member
Master Clubfitter DP.60

Click here for my new ebook on Amazon

I used to play with a mate that laughed when disaster struck; he truly found the game entertaining and interesting, he new that it was the bad shots that he learned the most from so he welcomed them with no resistance. How good could you get if you learning 1 new thing every time you played or practiced?

#8 Madam

Madam

Ginger is in the house

• Administrators
  • 5994 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I thought this was a thread about Stinkler? Where is he?

#9 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Ya, where is the stink? Would love to know what he thinks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users