Teetime Specials

• Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

How far do you REALLY walk playing 18?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Discussion for How far do you REALLY walk playing 18?

#2 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10501 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

That is a little surprising actually. I would not have thought to add over 50% to the actual course metreage.

#3 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3427 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Is a very good question actually , my reg golf partner gave me a pedometer that i clipped to my belt and i was surprised to see id walked 11km. Not sure of the integrity of result seeing he got it from a cornflakes pack, nevertheless , bloody long way

#4 Madam

Madam

Ginger is in the house

• Administrators
  • 5958 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Will better players walk less as they don't zig zag across course so much?

#5 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Is a very good question actually , my reg golf partner gave me a pedometer that i clipped to my belt and i was surprised to see id walked 11km. Not sure of the integrity of result seeing he got it from a cornflakes pack, nevertheless , bloody long way

More tigerish than a wounded TIGER
did you find any pedo,s ?

#6 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

mine is wotever the course is times 3 .. normally through thick scrub and sand ... even water : )

#7 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10738 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

I play a short course and for most holes, the next tee is beside the green just played. When I check my GPS, it usually indicates around 10K, but it's attached to the bag so it doesn't include where I park the buggy and wander around looking for balls.

#8 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4098 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

The mileage counter on my MGI buggy averages 8 Kms for 18 holes at the home track. I must be wandering all over the course to clock up that yardage.:)

#9 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7307 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

my gps measures it around 10,000 -10,500 meters (course is 6108) you can probabaly download aps also

#10 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3107 posts
  • LocationQueanbeyan NSW

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

The mileage counter on my MGI buggy averages 8 Kms for 18 holes at the home track. I must be wandering all over the course to clock up that yardage.:)

The man who hits at the ball rather than through it has no sense of rhythm.
Secrets of the Master – The Best of Bobby Jones

Mate of mine has the same gizmo. We were just discussing this topic the other day. He averages 8.5 km but that doesn't include leaving the buggy parked and wandering around looking for lost balls, walking up a rise to get a view of the green etc etc.

#11 IFYARECKON

IFYARECKON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Playing a course that measure around 6500m off the blacks, we normally walk in the 9-9.5km range. Played with a mate off 36 one day and spent a lot of time looking for balls, walking distance showed as 11.7km! Bloody long day.

#12 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Heaps more than I thought it'd be. I assumed it'd be around 1-2km above the length of the course. Imagine how far you walk when you're extra keen and play 36 holes walking in one day....no wonder you fee wasted at the end of it...

#13 Bumpun_Beetle

Bumpun_Beetle

don't you member me?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5127 posts
  • Locationeight point nine-six warning points

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

and that my friends is why I ride in a cart :)

#14 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4098 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

and that my friends is why I ride in a cart :)

{Bump’s Movember Page}
I am number six double three

Awful track to walk Mo.

#15 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'd be up there in distance with my penchant for exploring the scrub and trying to find lost balls. I've got crappy eyesight so I can hit a ball further than I can reliably see where it goes!

#16 Zaine22

Zaine22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Then you play courses with 50 or 100 m green to tee add another 1.5km think ellenbrook at the vines or the burswood 20 years ago with that 300m path you walked 4 times in 18 holes before they moved the clubhouse.

#17 tkkgale

tkkgale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Will better players walk less as they don’t zig zag across course so much?

Resident forum moderator
Any issues contact content @ iseekgolf.com

yes

#18 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Played a practice round today at Redland Bay and put the GPS tracker on my Samsung S2 to record the journey (My Tracks for Android). No one else around, so was able to play a couple of balls to more accurately reflect the typical 4 ball comp walk. Reddie Bay is about 5850m off the Blue tees. Mr Track Stats as follows; Total Distance: 10.80kms Total time: 3.34.03 Hrs Average Speed: 3.03kmh Max Speed 9.36kmh

#19 lagerlover

lagerlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Played a practice round today at Redland Bay and put the GPS tracker on my Samsung S2 to record the journey (My Tracks for Android). No one else around, so was able to play a couple of balls to more accurately reflect the typical 4 ball comp walk.

Reddie Bay is about 5850m off the Blue tees. Mr Track Stats as follows;

Total Distance: 10.80kms
Total time: 3.34.03 Hrs
Average Speed: 3.03kmh
Max Speed 9.36kmh

Really? You average 3.03 through the mangroves? All dependant on the tides obviously.

#20 Natnkyls

Natnkyls

Master Chipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

The man who hits at the ball rather than through it has no sense of rhythm.
Secrets of the Master – The Best of Bobby Jones

you need to be straighter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users