Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

got a spot in the nsw pga..help!

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 gs77

gs77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

ok..im a 1 handicapper..club gave me a spot in the field as Im more or less the best player in the club.. however! when i play with top amateurs or guys off plus 3 or pro's i find myself almost in a rush to get out of the way,have no pre shot routine and a subconsious feeling that they must be looking at me and seeing all the flaws etc.. also tend to stand over the ball analyzing swing thoughts without thinking off the right shot to play and instead think of what move to make sure I have good contact.. ok im not that bad and have shot 67 round there..but yeah this is a step up.. any thoughts dart or anyone so that I enjoy it and at leastlook like a pro with a decent pre shot routine ! cheers..:)

#2 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

GS with greatest respect, if you think that everyone else cares about your game and not concentrating on their own, your having a bubble bath.

#3 gs77

gs77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Avin a giraffe! just looking for a pre shot routine to help game as its a weakness...sometimes no practise swing no pre putt other times i do a few i think i need one that remains constant...will do it myself just myself but some great advice here

#4 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4609 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

how do you normally play??

#5 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Stick with it,you wont get the answer here in 10 mins...............................................But you will get all the help you need.........good luck,I play with a lot of low markers,my advice is completly forget about the +3s and the like and play your normal game

#6 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18982 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

ignore waffle mate he has a massive chip

#7 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18982 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

browny's right play your own game as they do theirs you are there cos you can play

#8 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

gs77 Congratulations on getting a start. I would be very surprised if you don't have a pre-shot routine off your handicap. It will be there. The worst you can do is to start a conscious preshot routine at this stage. Start introducing a post shot routine like the pros do, if you aren't already doing this. If nerves are going to be an issue, concentrate on playing only your stock shot, the shot you can reliably make most times. It doesn't hurt to show off your game, it may even improve your concentration. You'll be fine if you play your normal game and shoot at the centre of the geen. Short siding is a score killer.

#9 gs77

gs77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

thanks razaar.. can you explain re post shot routine? many thanks your wisdom as always..points noted..:)

#10 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Stop panicking and just believe in yourself. Off 1 you can obviously play so just enjoy the moment.

#11 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

thanks razaar..

can you explain re post shot routine?

many thanks your wisdom as always..points noted..:)

lessons,books,youtube,read some more,good instructors,read even more,worked on it,studied it,practised it,tweaked it,listened to people who know, and ..made it to scratch last week….an enjoyable road..

The post shot routine is a means off getting feedback on your swing. The routine should only take a max of 10 secs and concentrates on your finish. The common routine is to hold the finish until the ball hits the ground. The finish will tell you if the pace of your swing is off if you are struggling to maintain balance. If your balance is precarious, then there is a power surge somewhere in the swing interfering with rhythm and tempo. If the finish is in balance and the shot has a negative result then the problem lies somewhere in the set up. The post shot routine is a means of making swing adjustments on the course and keeping in tune.

#12 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Cricketers do this after a poor shot to get it right in their mind and enforce positive swing thoughts, some guru wrote a book about it, forget who..

#13 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

gs77 How often do you play your course off the black tees? If not often I would practice from those tees up to the event and work out a playing strategy to hit fairways and greens and mimimise potential blow out holes. 3 woods and hybrids to hit fairways is the way to go when under pressure and middle of the green approach shots. As far as comfort level goes, you are only playing for fun, the other guys are attempting to do it for a living. Lighten up and have fun and learn something from them along the way.

#14 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

I should add that many golfers have a recoil in their finish, where the hands drop to the centre chest area at the completion of the backswing, in stead of posing with the hands held up at the top. We get more feedback past the ball when the arms and body are slowing down. It tells us much of what occurred on the other side of the swing.

#15 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10760 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm not in your league, GS, so I won't try and tell you what to do. But I will offer some thoughts for you to ponder. At your level, surely you have played pennant and against some stiff opposition. Do you fall to pieces then, or do you think that you can 'take this guy on'? Don't try and re-design any part of your game, just use your normal game and treat the event like you would a pennant match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users