Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
Best Public Holes in Suburban Melbourne
Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:24 AM
Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:03 PM
Great hole. Narrow green the size of a postage stamp makes it really really tricky!
Par 3 8th at Yarra Bend.
Downhill about 160ish, dense scrub in front of tee boxes and sharp drop off right hand side of green, any fade off the green will end up with a minimum of two shots to get back on the green.
Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:21 PM
Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:12 PM
Agree with you 100%. For me its one of the best holes on the course and easily the best par 3, as you mentioned. I hope they leave it in play permanently once all the works are done (if they’re not already. I haven’t played there in a while)
16th @ Freeway.
TDM – I think the amazing part about this one is that it was unused until they started the re-build of the 14th hole a couple of years back.
It’s the best par 3 on the course by the length of the straight.
When only the best will do.
And isn’t that ALL the time?
Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:13 AM
+1 Awesome hole that can make or break a round So many ways to play it and so many ways to have it end in tears! I'm a big fan of the Par 3 4th at Cheltenham It wouldn't look out of place on any tier 1 sandbelt course.
18th at Waterford valley. It’s a doozey!!
2012 C Grade Runner Up OOM#1 Waterford Valley
2012 C Grade Winner OOM#4 Sunshine
Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:20 PM
Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:31 PM
What dont you like about 18 at WV?
15th at Sandringham, great shortish par 3.
12th at Growling Frog, super bunkerless par 3 with a front to back tiered green.
1st and 10th at Brighton are pretty neat, shots into both greens offer some good questions. 2 is also good fun short 4.
18th at WV is atrocious.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users