Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Nodes Journey IV, The impossible Dream "Single Figures"

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#1 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2312 posts
  • LocationMaryborough Queensland

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Well after reaching my last Goal of Playing off 15 H'cap and breaking 80 (Reached 17/11/12) I had figured my next goal would be a 12 handicap but as it took a while to break 80 after the 15 h'cap was reached my current exact is 13.6 it hardly seems like a big enough step. Although I do realise there is a big difference in skill level between a 15 handicapper and a 12 and a single figure player. This goal is a huge step, I have never completed a round for single figures, so it's all new territory. I have however completed 14 holes for 4 over par, and played 9 holes for 3 over par a few times lately so it's not out of the question. I'll see how I go.... Thanks to everyone who have supported me during Nodes Journey I, II and III....
  • Geraldfuse likes this

#2 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Bring on the 9 :)

#3 Sandy

Sandy

El Presidente - now PG Rated!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3581 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

Go for it... This could be bigger than Ben hur.

#4 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Or longer than War & peace..... haha Never know until you try I suppose!

#5 Weeti

Weeti

Eric "Otter" Stratton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14393 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Queensland

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

What was your net score with the sub-90 round?

#6 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Played 55 shots to 70m marker this afternoon using my SW.... I think I got ripped as we had 23mm rain the balls weren't bouncing like they were when it was hard dry clay soil. Still managed 60% with in the 10m radius not to shabby but not at my goal of 70%. Back to it tomorrow night. I may have to reconsider my distances now that it has finally rained and I'll actually start to get some grass growing again.

#7 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

No Soup For You, Next!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12249 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Node ........ single figures is in the end, only 9 pars, and 9 bogeys. Here's what I'd suggest (just my two cents worth) ...... Your regular course has 18 holes, so work out which of the 9 YOU can get par on the easiest, and come up with a plan for each of those that allows you to play them within your capabilities. Then with the other 9 holes for bogey .... come up with a plan that allows you to also play within yourself. For the bogey holes in particular, don't go for shots you can't hit ...... as this will add more than just bogey to your card, so try and play the bogey holes conservatively if possible. Once you sort out which hole is which Par or Bogey .... then it's time to hit the course and see how you go ..... and as your rounds increase, modify your plans for each hole, based on your results. The more you can play "within yourself", the better your chances of getting down to single figures I reckon. Good luck with it all ....... should make for some great reading.

#8 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Thanks GPJ that's a nice plan..... I do plan occasionally and when I come home from the course I realise I had not even given it a thought once I hit my first Tee shot!!! Hahaha. You are right though it is only 9 pars, and hopefully through in a birdie or 2 here and there. I played the back 9 on Saturday to 5 over (Par 36) and I have played the front to 3 over (Par 34) so together that is 8 over. Now to add some consistency in doing it. Once again I played 55 balls to the 70m target, but after yesterdays effort I moved 5m closer. Interestingly I have noticed that about 80% of my shots are short. Now they may be within the 10m range although a lot are shorter than that 10m. Puzzled, move 5m closer and get the same result?

#9 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Has the humidity increased? Boz has said you'll lose 10% distance once above 70%. didn't you just have rain?

#10 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18982 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Has the humidity increased? Boz has said you’ll lose 10% distance once above 70%. didn’t you just have rain?

’The past is history, the future one may never see and today is a gift which is why it’s called, the present’
KungFu Panda
VTTP #534

The “unofficial” millionth POST poster

all the personal questions jumb

#11 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Has the humidity increased? Boz has said you’ll lose 10% distance once above 70%. didn’t you just have rain?

’The past is history, the future one may never see and today is a gift which is why it’s called, the present’
KungFu Panda
VTTP #534

The “unofficial” millionth POST poster

Interesting.... Yeah the humidity has been very high and I did not realise that factor. Cheers AB.

#12 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

It's very helpful...especially in FNQ

#13 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

No Soup For You, Next!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12249 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

I do plan occasionally and when I come home from the course I realise I had not even given it a thought once I hit my first Tee shot!!! Hahaha.

H,cap 2010 H24 L20, 2011 H22 L17, 2012 H19 L14 w00t(13.6 new PB 17/11/12) (Next Goal 15 h,cap (Reached 19/10/12) & Break 80 (Reached 17/11/12)
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Write the plan out, and then take it with you, referring to it before every hole you play ......... at least until you try to play to it a few times. It will soon become something more familiar and solid in your mind.

#14 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

I do plan occasionally and when I come home from the course I realise I had not even given it a thought once I hit my first Tee shot!!! Hahaha.

H,cap 2010 H24 L20, 2011 H22 L17, 2012 H19 L14 w00t(13.6 new PB 17/11/12) (Next Goal 15 h,cap (Reached 19/10/12) & Break 80 (Reached 17/11/12)

Write the plan out, and then take it with you, referring to it before every hole you play …...... at least until you try to play to it a few times.

It will soon become something more familiar and solid in your mind.

Birdie – “The ball of many miles”,St. Andrews Beach 2011
Longdrive Champion – Growling Frog 2011, A Grade Waterford Valley 2012, Bendigo 2012.
Shot 69, using 68’s – 26/12/11.

GPJ I'll give it a go... If I have it written out and can get myself in the habit of looking at it before hitting off the Tee it will have a chance. Cheers....

#15 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hit my 55 balls today (Only counted 54 when I collected them though Mmmm) with the SW.... Got 68% of the balls within 10m of the target... I have to score 70% before I can move on to the GW maybe tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users