#1 Weeti

Weeti

Eric "Otter" Stratton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17808 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Queensland

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

When I set up with my hybrid, wood and driver I am in a conundrum. If I set up with the arms hanging down then the head of the club sits on the ground with the toe well up. If I try and set up with the club head sitting square the handle sits up so much that I'd need to set up like Moe Norman! I set up with these clubs with the arms much further away than for irons. Is this a problem with my setup? Or should I just setup consistently and not worry about the toe being up? Or is it appropriate to setup with these clubs with the arms a bit further away from the body?

#2 golfsavvy

golfsavvy

Golfsavvy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

There is one company working on lie angles in drivers, but most are excessively upright -- check how upright they are on tour. The only ones who might get close are the taller guys. Hybrids and fairway woods should be bent to the correct and proper lie angle, but most fitters and most companies don't or won't do it. While the direction loss from incorrect lie angles in longer clubs is initially less than more lofted clubs, impact can be significantly affected by incorrect lie angles. Your set up should not be adjusted to the club -- the club should be adjusted to your impact. The one thing that does change in your set-up is your spine angle based on length of club.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users