4 replies to this topic

#1 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2946 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

My brother just swapped his driver for one of these and doesn't have the wrench. Does anyone know if this wrench would be a standard torx size wrench. I am in the fastener business and have access to torx style wrenches, but, i don't know if there is anything specific I should be aware of and I don't want to potentially damage the club? Also does the screw need to be tightened to a specific tension? I have heard conflicting information regarding this last question.

#2 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1749 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

I think they're all the same size in terms of the bit. And I'm guessing they all use the same torque setting so when you hear that "click" sound, it's the torque wrench slipping so you don't overtighten and strip the threading. So the bit size is easy to obtain but you'd want to get a proper wrench to avoid stripping things.

#3 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11058 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Danny, I think it is a number 20 or 22 Torx bit. Just dont do it up to tight. Its only a small screw and probably ordinary stainless I would assume 20 inch pounds would be heaps

#4 bushy007

bushy007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1170 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

910 torque setting is 40 lbs/in.

#5 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Go to your local pro shop or Drummond Golf and borrow there's. Failing that buy one....either there or on eBay. Small other tip is that the TM wrench for the R11's does the same job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users