45 replies to this topic

#1 Robinator

Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

1. You buy at least 3 golf magazines a month. 2. You have taken a sickie from work to play golf. 3. Every present you get is golf related, yes your loved ones know about your obsession. 4. When you are playing golf you are already thinking about your next round, where, who with and for how much. 5. When you drive past a nice open field you think to yourself, "That would make a nice golf hole". 6. Anyone kissed their putter? 7. You know you can shoot 60 on your home course, your just waiting for everything to click on that special day.

#2 MaxB

MaxB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

1. One a month 2. Tick 3. They havent all gotten the hint yet but we're getting there! 4. Tick 5. Absolute Tick on that one 6. not yet.. 7. I've put the mark at 64 So not a 100% golf tragic yet but on my way!

#3 NAGA_MiCK™

NAGA_MiCK™

Favorite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5108 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

5. LoL - I actually do drive past open fields, land, even some parks, and think that.........

#4 Goldy

Goldy

Bluto Snr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21868 posts
  • LocationAnimal House

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

This post.....and possibly the other 13500 or so that preceded it.

#5 Stinkler

Stinkler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

This post…..and possibly the other 13500 or so that preceded it.

Smoldy.
Oh yeah…..

Pathetic.

#6 Goldy

Goldy

Bluto Snr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21868 posts
  • LocationAnimal House

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

I can't help but agree.

#7 ZigZag

ZigZag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

8). When you are faced with "golf course or intercourse" you choose the former.

#8 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3597 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

9. You regularly check into iseekgolf.com during a working day.

#9 Kingpair

Kingpair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

8). When you are faced with “golf course or intercourse” you
choose the former.

“The difference in golf and government is that in golf you cannot improve your lie.”

+1

#10 Kingpair

Kingpair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

10. You still have the 2009 aussie masters on IQ or hard drive. 11. All you have on the IQ is golf and your better half can't record her crap. 12. Even after hitting every fairway and green and have 27 putts you get on the net to buy another club when you get home.

#11 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7307 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

My 10 1 the weather could be pissing rain sideways and you still think its fine for golf - crap for everything else but fine for golf 2 You scour ebay everyday looking for bargains and more crap that you think will be the magical club to go in your bag that will catapault you to a 3 handicap - yet in reality will end up ISG classifieds in 4 days! or LESS 3 when speaking with folks about non golf stuff you use terms like - he will struggle to make par from that mess (like a messy desk) 4 You study Bobby Lockes putting style via the internet thinking hey this might work for me. 5 You must have owned ateast 20 putters in your life, if you havent I'm sorry youre don't qualify 6 You take more time choosing an oufit for saturdays stableford comp than you do for going out with your'e missus 7 You remember your'e best score - how many putts you had, hell you remember what you said as you drained the last putt but YOU can't remember to pick up the milk and bread on the way home despite 2 text text messages to remind you to do so! 8 When you go on holidays you're wife is looking at the local tourist sites, cafe's and youre googling to see if there is a golf course close by - EVEN if you don't have clubs 9 You will happily pick up an old scuffed up hot dot or DDH and throw it in your bag should you find one in the bush - and value it the same as a brand new shiny Titleist Pro V1x 10 Your forget things all the time during the week - BUT you know youre tee time for Saturday Its interesting I now work with people with addictions and I can see how I'm addicted to golf, infact most poeople are addicted to something - ours just happens to be golf.

#12 ingy

ingy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

you turn up to your kids birthday party at putt-putt with your $400 customised scotty cameron putter....

#13 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

choose the former.

“The difference in golf and government is that in golf you cannot improve your lie.”

FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!

#14 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3597 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

you turn up to your kids birthday party at putt-putt with your $400 customised scotty cameron putter….

Boom!!

#15 Tupac

Tupac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

you turn up to your kids birthday party at putt-putt with your $400 customised scotty cameron putter….

not there yet but have played the putt putt course with the same vigour as on any green. Add to the list - "Watching PGA golf tournament on pay TV over Liverpool vs Man Utd soccer match"

#16 Yarn

Yarn

D-Day

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6759 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Far North NSW

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

choose the former.

Reminds me of the time my wife came into the bedroom dressed in next to nothing, and threw a velvet rope on my chest and said, "Tie me up and you can do anything you want", So I tied her up quick as and took off out the bedroom door, only to hear her yell, "What are you going to do?", And I replied, "I'm going to play golf".

#17 TOLMIJ

TOLMIJ

Golf is great IMO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12000 posts
  • LocationSorry. IMHO

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Played miniature golf with my wife on holiday and was really pissed she beat me.

#18 4for4

4for4

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

1. One a month
2. Tick
3. They havent all gotten the hint yet but we’re getting there!
4. Tick
5. Absolute Tick on that one
6. not yet..
7. I’ve put the mark at 64

So not a 100% golf tragic yet but on my way!

same as me!

#19 Muffin f.k.a Krish

Muffin f.k.a Krish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

i've know it for a while now....this just confirms it :-D

#20 RobNewy

RobNewy

Fight the Fight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

My 10

1 the weather could be pissing rain sideways and you still think its fine for golf – crap for everything else but fine for golf

2 You scour ebay everyday looking for bargains and more crap that you think will be the magical club to go in your bag that will catapault you to a 3 handicap – yet in reality will end up ISG classifieds in 4 days! or LESS

3 when speaking with folks about non golf stuff you use terms like – he will struggle to make par from that mess (like a messy desk)

4 You study Bobby Lockes putting style via the internet thinking hey this might work for me.

5 You must have owned ateast 20 putters in your life, if you havent I’m sorry youre don’t qualify

6 You take more time choosing an oufit for saturdays stableford comp than you do for going out with your’e missus

7 You remember your’e best score – how many putts you had, hell you remember what you said as you drained the last putt but YOU can’t remember to pick up the milk and bread on the way home despite 2 text text messages to remind you to do so!

8 When you go on holidays you’re wife is looking at the local tourist sites, cafe’s and youre googling to see if there is a golf course close by – EVEN if you don’t have clubs

9 You will happily pick up an old scuffed up hot dot or DDH and throw it in your bag should you find one in the bush – and value it the same as a brand new shiny Titleist Pro V1x

10 Your forget things all the time during the week – BUT you know youre tee time for Saturday

Its interesting I now work with people with addictions and I can see how I’m addicted to golf, infact most poeople are addicted to something – ours just happens to be golf.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. Winston Churchill

I agree 100% with all of this. This is the only time I iron my clothes. I dont even iron my work clothes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users