• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Inertia

Inertia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

I'm looking to play Nelson Bay in a couple of weeks time but I heard the green were a bit rough, has anyone played there recently?

#2 scoobydoo

scoobydoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Haven't played there recently but I would be surprised if they were rough the place is usually in good nick. 27 hole courseI have never had problems there except for the roos, the trees my game.

#3 Inertia

Inertia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Thanks Scoobydoo, have you played all the 27? I was just wondering what 18 you would recommend I play to get the most out of the course?

#4 scoobydoo

scoobydoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

It'll depend on the day you are looking at playing, dont know your time constraints each nine is individual and the times we have played each person has had there own choices http://www.nelsonbay...the-course.html best i can say is you won't have a bad day (hopefully) sure others on this site are better equipped to give u a better run down on each nine

#5 TheCommish

TheCommish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8267 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hope you're straight. Tight fairways and LOTS of trees. The greens are the least of your problems. but yes, they are not in the best of nick at present. Played there two weeks ago and they need a good overhaul. Also played Horizons with a couple of members who had recently signed up from NB because of the lack of care by the greenkeeping staff. Supposedly a couple of the board members are really peeved. The fact that they and some others have transferred their membership over (some deal Horizons have got going) is not a bad endorsement of Horizons actually, given their predicament. Fairways and greens at Horizons were very good. Some bunkers still need a lot of work but that's only a problem if you go in them.

#6 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3479 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

I really enjoyed nelson bay, wonderful tree lined course reminds of what we re blessed with in melbourne. Horizons was derelict at the time i was there , unkempt fairways punctuated with tumbleweed , sheesh it want to have improved

#7 Buccaneer

Buccaneer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Nelson Bay is always in good nick, also across the bay Hawks Nest is equal to or even a better track than Nelson Bay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users